S2H
    wut?

Shiny Bikes review

Just thought I'd share my experience ordering a groupset and wheels from Shiny Bikes. I was a little hesitant, but I figured I'd go ahead and take the plunge.

I placed my order on a Thursday (middle of the night in the UK). They didn't ship it out until the following Wednesday (four business days). I was kind of wondering why it was taking so long to ship, and I tried calling and e-mailing. I also had a few questions about my order during that time period. I will say it's tough to get hold of them. Sometimes the phone just rang, sometimes my emails went unanswered. As soon as I threatened to call my credit card company, however, I got a prompt response. Fraser apologized and said they were very busy.

Once my order did ship, though, I had it in three days (shipped on a Wednesday, arrived Saturday). Shipping from the UK via Parcelforce and brought to my place via USPS.

Everything was packed nicely. I ordered a Chorus groupset, and everything was exactly as I ordered. All boxes were sealed, and every component has the little sticker you need to register it with Campagnolo.

tl;dr>>>

Pros
    -Cheap! (even with $100 shipping)
    -Once they shipped, I had my stuff in three days from the UK
    -Packaged nicely, products are legit

Cons
    -Poor communication
    -Took four business days for my order to get shipped

Overall, I'm happy. I'd use them again. $1,500 for a full Chorus groupset and Campy Zonda wheels? Not bad...

Note in the picture of the groupset, I opened some of the boxes. Everything was sealed when I got it.

Shiny Bikes review-20130727_230720.jpgShiny Bikes review-20130727_230737.jpgShiny Bikes review-20130727_232521.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I would definitely buy from them again. I bought my Record 11 group and got it in exactly one week and the price is the best I have seen anywhere.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Nothing like getting a box of Campy goodness in the mail. I bought a Chorus group from Ribble 6 days ago. I placed my order late Thursday night (early Friday their time), and it shipped the following Monday. This is the third Campy group I've bought from them in as many years. The stuff always comes pretty fast and the shipping isn't much more than most U.S. based retailers charge. I'd guess the $100 you paid was mostly for the wheel set.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kansukee View Post
    I would definitely buy from them again. I bought my Record 11 group and got it in exactly one week and the price is the best I have seen anywhere.

Same here they are a great company

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Got my stuff last night.

I bought it on Thursday night July 25 (Friday morning July 26 their time). I was notified that it shipped Monday morning July 29. The box showed up on July 31-st. That's six days, and two of them were a weekend. Performance usually takes longer than that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Overall, I'm happy. I'd use them again. $1,500 for a full Chorus groupset and Campy Zonda wheels? Not bad...
    Sounds pretty great to me. Decent frame and some tidbits and you'll have a very sweet ride. Thanks for the report!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    My first time buying a Record groupset went ok. It shipped within 2 weeks. But the second time, it went over a month after several emails and phone calls. Fraser is a one man show. He talks nice over the phone but doesn't care for his customers. I will never buy from Shinybikes ever again.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    I would like to share my experience with Shiny Bikes. I have had the worst experience ever. I ordered a Sram Force Groupset on the 24th July 2013. I e-mailed them on Monday 29th July 2013 and asked if I could collect it as I lived 30 miles away and I was desperate to get my goods. Fraser contacted me and said I couldn't collect because it had been dispatched on Friday 26th July 2013. I am still waiting for my groupset, I have e-mailed them and asked them for a tracking number with no reply. Shiny Bikes refuse to answer my e-mails or answer the telephone. I have now contacted my credit card company and asked them to get my money back. I will never use them again, they are terrible!
    Last edited by lordbishop; 08-02-2013 at 01:59 AM.

S2H
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbishop View Post
    I would like to share my experience with Shiny Bikes. I have had the worst experience ever. I ordered a Sram Force Groupset on the 24th July 2013. I e-mailed them on Monday 29th July 2013 and asked if I could collect it as I lived 30 miles away and I was desperate to get my goods. Fraser contacted me and said I couldn't collect because it had been dispatched on Friday 26th July 2013. I am still waiting for my groupset, I have e-mailed them and asked them for a tracking number with no reply. Shiny Bikes refuse to answer my e-mails or answer the telephone. I have now contacted my credit card company and asked them to get my money back. I will never use them again, they are terrible!
    What do you want them to do? It's already shipped.

Maybe just wait for it to show up? I don't see what the big deal is.

Born to chase Ducks

Shiny Bikes review

What do you want them to do? It's already shipped.

Maybe just wait for it to show up? I don't see what the big deal is.
    Maybe because it's taken a week to travel the 30 miles to his house? Seems a bit much. Assuming it actually shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I cannot decide whether the seafoam green Lounge kit is cursed or a suit of armor that protects us...like a lycra St. Christopher's medal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    I do not recommend Shiny Bikes. They don't pick up the phone or reply to emails. I ordered a Campag Centaur rear derailleur from their sister company, Cycling Mail Order, on 29/8/13, the money has been taken from my credit card account but the goods have not been shipped (I suspect they don't have any stock). Being unable to contact anyone at the company, my only option now is to contact my credit card to recover the money.
    I will never use Shiny Bikes/Cycling Mail Order again.

S2H
    wut?
    Getting them to answer the phone is hit or miss. Same with email. That's my only complaint.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I don't think there is a "them". I send an email, Fraser will reply (rarely). I call, Fraser will reply. I have better luck calling than email. But then, even after you spoke with him you will be getting this assurance that an item will ship, say, in a day or 2. One week passed by and you ended up in the same cycle again.

My conclusion is that, if you buy at Shinybikes and got your stuff even if it shipped late, consider yourself lucky if you are buying out of UK. He doesn't stock all goods and he will not notify you if it is back ordered unless you call.

The risk is not worth to me so I will avoid them. I will pay $100+ over on a groupset by more reputable UK sellers as Wiggle and Ribble or Planet Cyclery and Texas Cycles if in the US.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Getting them to answer the phone is hit or miss. Same with email. That's my only complaint.
    You Sir, require a slap! Does he have you on the payroll?

Fraser has no customer service skills whatsoever. I've been waiting 23 days now, and told various lies....he says hes sent the parcel twice....yeah right!
    If I lived further south I'd be heading to Wrexham! The guy is a liar, and as easy to get a hold of as Lord Lucan. I am now leaving it to my credit card company. The number of lies he tells is unreal....he accepted a friends request on Facebook, I sent him a straight forward question (not rude in the slightest), and defriended me.....what a sack! Needless to say, I shant be using 'Shitey Bikes' again, and would never recommend them!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    I was looking for a group set in February and shiny bikes was the cheapest. I did a bit of searching on the net and found the reviews weren't so shiny, pretty much as described above, plenty of bad reviews, and a few good ones. I was too scared to take the risk so in the end I decided to order from Merlin Cycles as they were only $100 more expensive. I had a great experience with Merlin and would use them again.

Matnlely Dregaend
    I never had a problem with Shiny Bikes. They have excellent prices on tubulars and Campy components. Shipping to the USA was uneventful also.
    "I haven't @#&$ed like that since I was an altar boy." - Hank Moody
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Genuine Campagnolo Spares - Inserts for Dura Ace pattern brake shoes." - PBK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    Hi,

I ordered derailleur a paid (3.3.2014). Order has status Processed and they don't respond to email. Does exist the company?

Help me, pleas.

Martin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    martin,
    i have been wondering the same thing. do you have a contact email address? no response to messages sent through the site. do you have any news?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by s4gobabygo View Post
    martin,
    i have been wondering the same thing. do you have a contact email address? no response to messages sent through the site. do you have any news?
    Hi,

Derailleur arrived. The email reply for a week.

Martin