Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

Sidi Ergo 3 $269USD

http://www.xxcycle.com/php/boutique/...3&marqueSearch=

Shipping is not the $15 shown, but is more like $24. Still, less than $300 to your door is not bad.

Good selection of sizes

RoadBikeReview Member
    that's unbelievably cheap...they even have it for speedplay...how the hell do they do this?

Anybody have past dealings w/ them?
    Last edited by foofighter; 01-30-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Ride More Talk Less
    - Caletti Cycles Custom Steel
    - 11 Nashbar Steel CX
    Terminal Pholocity

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    how do sidi's run compared to giro?
    i looked at cc website and they have the sidi running almost a full size smaller?
    giro i wear 42 which is darn near perfect.
    need new shoes for n+1 so this works out great, timing wise...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    That seems to be almost in the "too good to be true" category, I too wonder if anyone has dealt with the site before/if the pricing is real...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake03 View Post
    That seems to be almost in the "too good to be true" category, I too wonder if anyone has dealt with the site before/if the pricing is real...
    I have ordered a couple pair of Look pedals from them in the past. I received them in good order.

I ordered a pair of the Ergo 3's yesterday. I will let you know when they arrive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Sounds good, although im not really looking to pick some up at this point, moved on from Sidi after spending 1 too many seasons with pinched toes, wearing spec now and the ability to wiggle my toes is mind blowing compared to what im used to

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Are these chipping from France? Do you need to pay duty?

RoadBikeReview Member
    yes they are shipping it from france, I have bought shifter tires derraileur chaingrings from them before with no problem and usually 7-14 days turn around.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nismosr View Post
    yes they are shipping it from france, I have bought shifter tires derraileur chaingrings from them before with no problem and usually 7-14 days turn around.
    same here, I can also vouch for them

RoadBikeReview Member
    ok well as luck would have it, they had 42.5 in stock and i took the plunge and bought a pair in white for speedplay fitment.

cant wait, my specialized shoes i've had since 2008 are getting a little old

day after, checked on status and it's showing that it's shipped already.
    Last edited by foofighter; 02-02-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    Ride More Talk Less
    - 11 Nashbar Steel CX
    Terminal Pholocity

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I ordered Sunday, they shipped Monday and arrived in Wisconsin from France today, duty free. SCORE!

I ordered the white. The red/white/black look sharp and would match my Time, but not all my kits. First shoes that are not black, I hope they are faster.

While I have not riden them, they do seem to fit well. The size seems to hold true to my Genius 5's.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue CheeseHead View Post
    I ordered Sunday, they shipped Monday and arrived in Wisconsin from France today, duty free. SCORE!

I ordered the white. The red/white/black look sharp and would match my Time, but not all my kits. First shoes that are not black, I hope they are faster.

While I have not riden them, they do seem to fit well. The size seems to hold true to my Genius 5's.
    just checked tracking and mine's at the export centre went out yesterday
    Ride More Talk Less
    - 11 Nashbar Steel CX
    Terminal Pholocity

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Whats the general verdict, size them appropriately or size them up or down?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I couldnt really find an answer either, so went to the shop to try them out. They didnt have the speedplay version that I wanted, so never did get a pair, but they are tight through the toe box. Possible to cheat that by sizing up a half size, but that might not be enough either. The 6.6 mega does fit true and might be a better option if you do have some width.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    The ergo really shouldn't be differently sized that other Sidi road shoes. Granted if your coming from another company like Specialized or Shimano you will want to probably go up 1/2 size since Sidi in general seem to run slightly smaller than everyone else. However, if you already have well fitting Sidi's like Genius or Ergo 2 I don't see why you would change sizes.

Kan
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I also ordered the Ergo 3's (red/white/black) from xxcycle, the look great! My one concern it that the insole appears to from a lesser model, like the Genius 5. They came with the all blue insole vs. the dual-density red insoles I've seen at my LBS. Not a huge deal, but thought i'd check if others had the same experience?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kan View Post
    I also ordered the Ergo 3's (red/white/black) from xxcycle, the look great! My one concern it that the insole appears to from a lesser model, like the Genius 5. They came with the all blue insole vs. the dual-density red insoles I've seen at my LBS. Not a huge deal, but thought i'd check if others had the same experience?
    My shoes came with blue insoles as well. They do have vent holes in them that correspond with the vents in the bottom of the shoes.

I did not look at them locally, so I have nothing to compare to.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ordered last wednesday and got them today, pretty quick and I got the blue insole as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sidi Ergo 3 9USD-camerazoom-20120207182830969.jpg  
    Ride More Talk Less
    - 11 Nashbar Steel CX
    Terminal Pholocity

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Hi,
    The price is pretty incredible. I trust these are identical to the american brand. I have one concern, probably based on my own paranoia.

They are selling a Polish Black. On the Sidi web site, such a color combination for the Ergo 3 does not exist. I also note that the only other Polish black for sale on the internet comes from Asia.

Perhaps I worry needlessly. I would love feedback that these are absolutely legit.

It is an incredibly good price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Could it be the Black Polish Sidi Ergo 3 is only available outside of the USA? I had a Black Polish Sidi Ergo 2 shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kan View Post

the dual density insole is a sidi-usa special concoction. The rest of the world gets the thin blue sidi insole. My opinion is that its sidi-usa's way of trying to justify the $500 US retail price. I buy my sidi's from UK for $269 and then pick up the nice LG heat moldable insole for $35 at the LBS. Truly great set up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

Ergo 3's

I currently have the Ergo 2 shoe, and like all Sidi shoes, the insole leaves much too be desired. I had a pair of custom insoles made at my local physical therapist and the difference was night and day. I purchased a pair of the Ergo 3's based on everyone's experience with the seller here. The 3's look identical to the 2's, so I'll use my current insoles. Also, trashed my 2's in a serious accident last year, so this link was handy! Thanks to the OP for the alert!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    My Sidi Ergo 3's from XXcycle just arrived. Great price and great shoe.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Got mine today after 6 days from order to arrival. $300. Great deal!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Dayyum....I don't really need new shoes, but....

And the next level down, the Genius 5, goes for $154. Here in the U.S. it's about $225 or so.

Hmmm...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast