Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xxcycle.com ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009

xxcycle.com ?

Here is their URL:

http://www.xxcycle.com/

Has anyone ordered from them? What was your experience?

Some of their prices seem too low to be legit...

Thanks.

Team Tom's
    $255 for KEO Blades!?!?!

You go first and let me know!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    I ordered some computer mounts from them about four years ago. Good products, great price, but the shipping took a while. May be due to EU to US shipping, but overall satisfied with the purchase.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002

Used to use them

When I used them I never had a problem and got my parts in reasonable amount of time. I switched to Ribble a couple of years ago. They have many of the same items and often at the same or better price.

banned
    Oct 2001
    they're good. I even returned an item to them once and had no issues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I just bought a Campy Shamal wheelset from them at a steal price. I had to remind them to ship them after about a week, but I received them a few days after. Some of the prices are incredible.

Sleep Expert
    Just as said above, the shipping is slow, and that's putting it lightly. Other than that, reliable.
    My carbon footprint has cleats

RoadBikeReview Member
    I considered ordering a Nitto rack from them a while back but the shipping costs would have been ridiculously expensive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S. Dale
    Here is their URL:

Thanks.
    I ordered some Look pedals from them a while back on closeout. Even with the shipping it was good deal. Took about 8 days to get them

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    They have a heck of a deal (53% off) on Fondriest equipped with Dura Ace. http://www.xxcycle.com/fondriest-tf2...e-2009,,en.php

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    I ordered two set of stronglight 11sp rings. First time I went with standard shipping and it took a month to get to Florida. Not real responsive on emails and they offered no way to track it.
    I needed another set and went with the upgraded shipping, I had a chronopost tracking number that same day and the package in 5 days.
    I dont think I would order from them again unless the price including express shipping was competitive. PBK, shiny bikes etc all seem much faster and communicate better

Ryun

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Did you guys pay with credit card or PayPal?

Did XXCycle charge you in US dollars, or did they charge you in Euros (and then the credit card company or PayPal had to convert it)?

What was the effective conversion rate (market rate + bank fees)?

How this works is not clear to me on their website, on my bank's website, or on PayPal's website.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    If you need an arcane Time product, they can get it or have it in stock. I had no problem getting stuff from them but they are in France after all, and never answered e-mails and as was mentioned earlier, shipping can be slow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    I've ordered from them a few times. Never had a problem. They charge in US dollars through Paypal. Don't expect to get the items for a few weeks but the last order I made was surprisingly delivered in less than 2 weeks (I was in Alaska at the time).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    I ordered Mavic Zxellium Shoes from them two weeks ago. Unfortunately it has been stuck at customs for over a week despite it being sent via chronopost. The order had wrong zip code (I am not sure whether I did that or not) and I really hope that is not why this is happening. I am not sure whether it was the fluctuation in exchange rate in a few days it costed me a little more than what was given as US dollar value. (PBK was most accurate so far) after shipping and all. In the end I may have saved like $20 at most and I still don't have them yet. Fingers crossed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    +1 - I've ordered from them. Definitely slower than the usual UK places, but didn't have any issues.

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S. Dale
    Here is their URL:

Thanks.
    I placed an order a week ago and got an email notice through Colissimo (La Poste) that the item is now at (French) customs.

Any experience on how long the delay is? I'm eagerly waiting for my Shamal wheelset. Is Colissimo fairly promptly updated for international shipments?

I'm slightly concerned given the high variance in shipping delays in this thread, and would like to know experience from other US customers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    hi everyone. newb to the forum. i placed an order over a week ago with xxcycle and it still says "en preparation" in the status box. i was wondering if anyone has any insight on how long it takes for them to ship. i see that many of you have had various experiences with them and they have not replied to either of my emails (one i replied to their confirmation email and i sent one internally thru their inquiry page). i also read in previous posts that they are infamous for not returning emails but i am wondering how long do i wait until i contest the charge with my bank? any help would be much appreciated. also what are your preferred online cycling stores?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

french labor issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 880surfer
    hi everyone. newb to the forum. i placed an order over a week ago with xxcycle and it still says "en preparation" in the status box. i was wondering if anyone has any insight on how long it takes for them to ship. i see that many of you have had various experiences with them and they have not replied to either of my emails (one i replied to their confirmation email and i sent one internally thru their inquiry page). i also read in previous posts that they are infamous for not returning emails but i am wondering how long do i wait until i contest the charge with my bank? any help would be much appreciated. also what are your preferred online cycling stores?
    It is possible that the labor issues and transportations issues may be affecting your order. I think they are legit. I'd give it some time. Either your order will come or France will collapse

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    excellent service

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG
    It is possible that the labor issues and transportations issues may be affecting your order. I think they are legit. I'd give it some time. Either your order will come or France will collapse
    When I ordered, the biggest delay appears to be in the outgoing (French) customs. It took about 10 days total to get what I ordered (set of wheels).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    wow. not sure what's going on then if everyone has had a reasonably good experience with them. it's been 10 days since my order and nothing. no response, status update, shipping info, nothing. shipping still says "en preparation". i guess we'll see what happens....

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by 880surfer
    wow. not sure what's going on then if everyone has had a reasonably good experience with them. it's been 10 days since my order and nothing. no response, status update, shipping info, nothing. shipping still says "en preparation". i guess we'll see what happens....
    When I ordered I heard nothing for 8 days, then suddenly a shipping info, and 2 days later it arrives. Like I said, the biggest delay seems to be in the outgoing customs/shipping.

LOOK FREAK
    found a pair of shoes on there for $150 which is a decent deal..however shipping is $25 so unless you get one of the 'free port' items or know of a discount code, this site is rather pricey when you factor in shipping.
    1999 Gary Fisher Procaliber Red/Yellow SRAM X9
    2001 LOOK KG281 Blue/Black 10sp Ultegra
    2002 Specialized Allez Red 9sp Ultegra
    Quintana Roooooo! TT bike (dura ace friction)
    2008 LOOK 586 Mondrian 10sp Ultegra

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    orange julius, it looks like you may be on to something and maybe some good karma is coming around to me. it's been 11 days since my order and today i received a response from them and shipping information. stoked when it gets here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast