RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002

2011 Xenith Race on the way...

It should be here Monday. I'm swapping a few parts out on it, and am awfully excited. I'm going to take off the Ultegra stuff and go with Red shifters, and rival/force derailleurs. Also swapping the bar (FSA carbon), post (EC90) and crankset (Force BB30). All that will probably drop 1-1.5 pounds off of an already light bike.

It'll be nice not to have to use my Salsa CCC for everything, although it is pretty capable. I'll post pics early next week after it's all built up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Everything is all built, save the Force crankset. That bike is one fast ride, that I know. If only I wasn't the thing slowing it down. It has a great ride, and I love the Red shifters. Very nice indeed. I'll try and take some pics and post them up. Let me know if you have any questions...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jamis makes great bikes. Though I ended up with a Cannondale Super Six which I love. I might consider a Jamis road bike down the road. I like there look. Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy!!!
    2011 Cannondale Super Six
    2005 Cannondale Scalpel
    2003 Cannondale Jekyll

met
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fatroadie
    Everything is all built, save the Force crankset. That bike is one fast ride, that I know. If only I wasn't the thing slowing it down. It has a great ride, and I love the Red shifters. Very nice indeed. I'll try and take some pics and post them up. Let me know if you have any questions...
    bro,
    would love some pics n feedbacks pls...

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by met
    bro,
    would love some pics n feedbacks pls...
    I need to take pics, especially since I cleaned her all up from my sloppy ride the other day.

I'm really impressed with this bike thus so far. It does everything I could ask of it. It has a great ride, and is decently light now that I've swapped nearly all the parts off on it. If you just upgrade the wheels, it's probably around 17 pounds. Anyway, weight isn't everything.

The ride is compliant, it's stiff enough to sprint hard, and is a great looking bike. Jamis has a few anodized red parts on there that makes this bike look just different enough...

I will say that the "Jamis" logo is a bit much, I think i counted 22 instances of the word Jamis on the bike. Really!?!?

Anyway, the bike comes with a great spec, honestly. I just wanted SRAM since a) I could use them for crash replacement during cross season b) it's lighter c) I prefer it.

Here's my build spec:

shifters: Red (yum)
    F der: Force
    R der: rival
    crank: FSA SL-K Carbon Light
    Pedals: Look Keo Blade CrMo (to be installed)
    Wheels: C4 V-22 rims, Sapim spokes, Velocity front hub and PT SL+ rear, or the stock Aksiums, or my Zipp 303s with Vittoria 320tpi Evo CX
    Saddle: Fizik Arione VS
    Stem: Shimano PRO (to be installed)
    Brakes: Force
    Cassette: stock Ultegra
    Bar: FSA Carbon K-Wing Compact

With the 303's, I expect it to be in the mid 15's in a 56cm. I'll try and get some pics soon.

met
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    I need to take pics, especially since I cleaned her all up from my sloppy ride the other day.

I'm really impressed with this bike thus so far. It does everything I could ask of it. It has a great ride, and is decently light now that I've swapped nearly all the parts off on it. If you just upgrade the wheels, it's probably around 17 pounds. Anyway, weight isn't everything.

The ride is compliant, it's stiff enough to sprint hard, and is a great looking bike. Jamis has a few anodized red parts on there that makes this bike look just different enough...

I will say that the "Jamis" logo is a bit much, I think i counted 22 instances of the word Jamis on the bike. Really!?!?

Anyway, the bike comes with a great spec, honestly. I just wanted SRAM since a) I could use them for crash replacement during cross season b) it's lighter c) I prefer it.

Here's my build spec:

shifters: Red (yum)
    F der: Force
    R der: rival
    crank: FSA SL-K Carbon Light
    Pedals: Look Keo Blade CrMo (to be installed)
    Wheels: C4 V-22 rims, Sapim spokes, Velocity front hub and PT SL+ rear, or the stock Aksiums, or my Zipp 303s with Vittoria 320tpi Evo CX
    Saddle: Fizik Arione VS
    Stem: Shimano PRO (to be installed)
    Brakes: Force
    Cassette: stock Ultegra
    Bar: FSA Carbon K-Wing Compact

With the 303's, I expect it to be in the mid 15's in a 56cm. I'll try and get some pics soon.
    sound like a winner here.....tks for the review..waiting for ur pics..

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002

Yes, I know there is still some tweaking to be done (steerer tube) but it's getting closer to a finished product.
    Last edited by fatroadie; 02-01-2011 at 08:04 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Yes, I know there is still some tweaking to be done (steerer tube) but it's getting closer to a finished product.
    Here is a better pic with the Zipps. I love this bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Nice bike