RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010

Renegade Adventure Bike

Been looking for a gravel grinder and saw the Renegade Expert. This looks like a good option, that could also serve well with bike packing, running urban errands, light XC mountain biking and a with a different tire choice, should be good as a relaxed geometry road bike.

Anybody actually ridden one of these yet? If so, would like to hear your impressions.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Looks good on web paper... Got to be a very stout front end by the looks of the spec, postulation of course..

Just commenting so I can subscribe to the thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robt57/Me!
    Everything you read that I post is just '1' guy's opinion, try to sort it all out best you can. ;) I will try to add value in my posts, if I miss the mark please let me know using a little decorum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I asked my local Jamis dealer about this bike. He told me that he would gladly order one but has no plans to bring any in as part of their inventory. He doesn't see the appeal. They look great on paper but like everyone else I really need to see one to know.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    I emailed Jamis and they said that the Renegade won't be hitting the dealer floors until the end of March. I am very interested in taking a look at it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Looks great on paper, I would love to get a chance to ride one. Does Jamis ever do demo days?

I love to climb!
    Jamis rep brought one by my shop the other day (I don't currently carry Jamie, but am considering picking up the line). Very nice bike. Lot of nice touches, like the removable rack mounts by the dropouts. Geometry is definitely more road than CX, which is good as a gravel/road bike. If I pick up the line, just may have to get one.
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Thinking about picking up a 2016 Renegade Elite to replace my Ibis Hakkalugi. I use my Lugi for CX and Gravel stuff.
    Very similar geometry between the 2, but has anyone used a renegade for CX racing? Thoughts???

Fat and slow but trying
    Awesome bike. Figured I'd throw that out even though this site is on its death bed and under hospice care...maybe someone will see it before it's too late....

Renegade Adventure Bike-13507160_10154277498064291_6969735445329823587_n.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Awesome bike. Figured I'd throw that out even though this site is on its death bed and under hospice care...maybe someone will see it before it's too late....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13507160_10154277498064291_6969735445329823587_n.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	314882

Yours looks like the Elite. How are you enjoying it so far? I am interested in test riding one of the Renegade bikes.

A couple of things that appeal to me in comparison to other gravel/adventure bikes:

1) The most upright/relaxed position of any I've seen so far. I plan to use it for long rides, not racing.

2) Very good quality components on versions down to the $2,100 Reynolds 631 framed Exploit. In other words, full Shimano groupos rather than sticking a cheaper FSA crankset in to cut costs. WTB rims too rather than entry level Alex rims.

3) True compact gearing 50/34, compared to the mid-compact gearing 52/36 on other gravel bikes.

It looks like a winner. I am looking for something I can blast down dirt roads with confidence.

Thanks!
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    How's that Renegade treating you?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Doulos24x7; 02-25-2017 at 01:31 AM.

cs1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doulos24x7 View Post
    How's that Renegade treating you?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Definitely interested in that myself
    1995 Waterford 1200
    1999 Waterford RSE-11
    Plus a host of old bikes too many to list.

I love to climb!
    I did pick up the Jamis line last year, and have sold a number of Renegades now, from the entry level aluminum model to the top end elite. Everyone loves them, they love the confidence they provide in the gravel. Comfortable for long rides, but don't hold back, either. I've currently got a Niner RLT9 I really like, but I may eventually get one of the elites for myself at some point.
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwiffle View Post
    I did pick up the Jamis line last year, and have sold a number of Renegades now, from the entry level aluminum model to the top end elite. Everyone loves them, they love the confidence they provide in the gravel. Comfortable for long rides, but don't hold back, either. I've currently got a Niner RLT9 I really like, but I may eventually get one of the elites for myself at some point.
    I'm looking at the Exploit with the Reynolds 631 frame. My shop says they will have a few of these in this year.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger