Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Wake up!

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13

    Wake up!

    This forum is very, very dead..... so, I'd just like to say I love my new 2017 Quest Elite. Steel is real, and it's so damn light. I love it.


    Thank you, Carry on.

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    This forum is very, very dead..... so, I'd just like to say I love my new 2017 Quest Elite. Steel is real, and it's so damn light. I love it.


    Thank you, Carry on.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    I just test rode a Renegade Exploit 631 steel gravel bike. Needless to say, my shop just got a sale from me! Schweet ride!
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

    "Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

    "Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger



  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

    Says who?
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

    "Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

    "Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger



  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Says who?
    The internet. What are you morally opposed to bike pron?

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    The internet. What are you morally opposed to bike pron?

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    No, I'm just opposed to hollow empty-shelled tough talk.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

    "Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

    "Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger



  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    No, I'm just opposed to hollow empty-shelled tough talk.
    Well, isn't that ironic!

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    Well, isn't that ironic!

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Replying "Pics or it didn't happen" to someone who just posted excitement about their new ride is unnecessarily hostile. Do I detect a little jealousy?
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

    "Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

    "Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger



  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Replying "Pics or it didn't happen" to someone who just posted excitement about their new ride is unnecessarily hostile. Do I detect a little jealousy?
    It was in jest.

    I feel like I know why the forums dead though ... ;)

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    It was in jest.

    I feel like I know why the forums dead though ... ;)

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Yep. I think we scared the OP away.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

    "Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

    "Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger



  11. #11
    Slow but not so steady
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    587
    Post a picture. Jamis Quest are hard to come by via photo or in person. They are good looking bikes and under-rated. Good alternative to disc road bikes. They take 32mm tires with mid reach brakes.
    There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by acckids View Post
    Post a picture. Jamis Quest are hard to come by via photo or in person. They are good looking bikes and under-rated. Good alternative to disc road bikes. They take 32mm tires with mid reach brakes.
    At $1,749, you can't beat the Jamis Quest Elite for a well-spec'd 631 Reynolds steel road bike. A "sleeper" brand that needs more exposure. My shop started selling Jamis last year. They have become hot sellers:

    questelite

    Go to their website and look for participating dealers. They are more available than you might think, though you may have to wait for stock. Good things come to those who are patient.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

    "Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

    "Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger



  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by acckids View Post
    Post a picture. Jamis Quest are hard to come by via photo or in person. They are good looking bikes and under-rated. Good alternative to disc road bikes. They take 32mm tires with mid reach brakes.
    Pics can be found on their website (I've changed nothing but added Time ATAC mountain pedals).

    As to hard to come by, yes. I live in Madison, WI., a city of more than a quarter million population, yet I had to drive 80 miles to Milwaukee to find a Jamis dealer!

  14. #14
    cs1
    cs1 is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: cs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Pics can be found on their website (I've changed nothing but added Time ATAC mountain pedals).

    As to hard to come by, yes. I live in Madison, WI., a city of more than a quarter million population, yet I had to drive 80 miles to Milwaukee to find a Jamis dealer!
    We have 2 in greater Cleveland. One has 3 locations. They're pretty conventional bikes. But a good value compared to Trek and Specialized.
    1995 Waterford 1200
    1999 Waterford RSE-11
    Plus a host of old bikes too many to list.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by cs1 View Post
    We have 2 in greater Cleveland. One has 3 locations. They're pretty conventional bikes. But a good value compared to Trek and Specialized.
    One thing I'm impressed by with Jamis is that they don't skimp on components. You get full Shimano groupos. Many bike makers save on cost by throwing in a cheaper crank set since this is a high cost item.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

    "Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

    "Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger



Similar Threads

  1. Wake/Funeral Etiquette Question>>>
    By S2H in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 08:49 PM
  2. wake up! theres a bike race!
    By naawillis in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 04:29 PM
  3. Wake up my sleeping feet!
    By bikebum in forum Racing, Training, Nutrition, Triathlons
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:11 AM
  4. Wake up little piggies, wake up!
    By bikebum in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:14 PM
  5. Wake Habitat Cycling Challenge - newbie thoughts
    By jsargevt in forum Racing, Training, Nutrition, Triathlons
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •