RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012

695 + power meter

is there any solution /experience adding a power meter to the 695 while preserving the Zed 2 cranks....excluding using a powertap or keo power pedels and their dreadfulPolar head unit?
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Don't think so. If your patient, maybe Brim Brothers or Garmin, but I wouldn't hold my breath for either

Brim Brothers - Sports power meters

Garmin | Vector™

I suspect your only solution will involve compromise (replace crank, powertap or the Polar)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Replace your ZED2 crank. All you need is a ZED crank BB adaptor (76g) and you have your wish come true. The swap is justified for better shifting and extra added feature.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    thanks for the input. Frankly, with the FSA rings I'm using ( rather than praxis ), the shifting has been terrific, and I like the Zed 2 set up which is why I was looking for an alternative to swapping the cranks out...though I notice the Cofidis team has done that and is using an SRM set up. Wish the Garmin pedels were reality or that Look would hurry up and make their keo power compatible with ANT + head units.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003
    Got an email from my LBS that they are taking orders for the Garmin Vector and expect them to be in the shop mid-August. They did mention limited availability at this time though, 3 units per shop.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPhil View Post
    Got an email from my LBS that they are taking orders for the Garmin Vector and expect them to be in the shop mid-August. They did mention limited availability at this time though, 3 units per shop.
    Didn't they say that last year, and the year before that and the year before that...;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

Garmin Vector pre-order

So, did you order one?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just went and got myself the powertaps, G3... The zed2 was designed with this frame. To use something else would be a shame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lactician View Post
    I just went and got myself the powertaps, G3... The zed2 was designed with this frame. To use something else would be a shame.
    Removing the zed 2 is not the end of the world. In fact, I found the shifting of the look chainrings to be sub-par. I really don't miss it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 695 + power meter-img_00000217.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetboy View Post
    Removing the zed 2 is not the end of the world. In fact, I found the shifting of the look chainrings to be sub-par. I really don't miss it.
    I'm not using the origina chainrings. I actually have the FSA chainrings on it, and will be changing to the ROTOR Q-rings at some point.

I only mention the word 'shame'... only because, its means have to additionally buy something else extra. Actually, I do have some issues with the Zed2 cranks, in that the BB goes loose very easily.. maybe this calls for another thread.