RoadBikeReview Member

Anyone have any info on the KX Light??

Hi all you LOOKophiles!!

I just scored a new, never built, late 2003 model Look KX Light with an HSC4 fork. I am looking for any info, old advertisements, brochures, or catalogues showing the KX Light. I tried searching here and the web and have come up with very little. It seems like this bike was not made very long and it seems that perhaps it was over shadowed by other Look models.

What little I did find was nothing but great reviews!! It's stiff, handles great and has a smooth ride.

This will be a fun project bike that I will most likely build up with Chorus 11spd. It will go nicely with my 2010 595 Ultra (warranty replacement for my 07 that had a minor issue with the clear coat). I'm really excited about this bike!

Thanks for all of your help!!

Chris Keller
    Colorado Springs, CO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Anyone?..Bueller?....Bueller??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

Archive.org > www.lookcycle.com

Archive.org is a great source for older info. I was able to find detail on the KX Light on the 2003 archive of www.Lookcycle.com

LINK

Here's the text:

KX LIGHT

Technical Specs

Frame and fork weight 1,850 kg with HSC 4
    Size 49 to 61, each 2cm
    Carbone type Carbon HM
    Fork HSC 4
    Braket BSA, length 68mm
    Diam. Head set 1"1/8
    Seat tube adjustment 27,2 mm
    Bottle cage support 2
    Cable guide External
    Colors Black mat / Shiny black

Features and Benefits

HM oversized carbon tubes with oversized lugs :
    The KX tubes are not round , and they are oversized to bring more responsiveness which is not possible even on a carbon compact frame with round tubes. This frame is over responsive and will fit for riders who are looking for maximum responsiveness with still a bit of comfort due to the HM carbon fiber.

A new standard between lightness stiffness and responsiveness :
    The shape of the rear front triangle and their sizes :
    1/ MEGATUBE diagonal,
    2/ Top tube triangular shape,
    3/ Seat tube : oversize , they all bring to the KX a maximum responsiveness(and a very up to date and trandy LOOK). Rear base and stand,with a more traditional shape and geometry, bring more flexibility for the shock absorbtion that create pain ..

HSC 4 Fork :
    100 % carbon monobloc fork: improvement of lateral stiffness. Carbon steerer 1 inch 1/8 : better stiffness in piloting. Much more precise in any circumstances.

LOOK patented headset :
    The patent is based on two removable cups in the head set :
    1/ In case of a damage in the head set kit section, the frame can not be damaged itself
    2/ Can adjust any head set kit on the market just removing those two cups (36 et 45)

New finishing :
    New decals with a high resistance and durability as well as a very nice finishing.

Is it the future yet?
    Apr 2008
    What's up with no pics?!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yes, Thanks OB for the link! It's great but as Max7 stated...little to no pics.

The link is very helpful. I hope to get this baby built up towards the end of the year.

Is it the future yet?
    Apr 2008
    NO, I meant that for you Chris. Post some pics...

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I know this won't help, but on a ride a couple Saturdays ago, I came across a guy on a KX. It looked great. The guy had owned it for years and he still loved it. He was also considerably faster than me, but that's not exactly uncommon.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just found the directions for uploading pics...I'll try to post some in a short while.
    Last edited by Chris Keller; 03-29-2010 at 06:04 PM.