Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: LOOK 496 Tri

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    217

    LOOK 496 Tri

    Anyone have any further information, specifications, details or knowledge regarding the LOOK 496 Tri? Just curious why they only offer XS, S and M frame size? Any idea what how the Medium translates in fit?

    Chas, can you shed any light on this? The website seems to have some limited specs.

  2. #2
    FNG
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by uscsig51
    Anyone have any further information, specifications, details or knowledge regarding the LOOK 496 Tri? Just curious why they only offer XS, S and M frame size? Any idea what how the Medium translates in fit?

    Chas, can you shed any light on this? The website seems to have some limited specs.
    The sizing on the 496 is a little odd - calling them S, M, L would probably have been more accurate. For example I ride a medium 585 or 595, but a small 496 fits me pretty well - I could probably even ride an XS.

    How tall are you, and what size Look frame do you normally ride?

    chas@LookUSA

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    217
    I'm on a XL LOOK 585 and have been eyeing the 496. I haven't had a chance to go for a fitting/test for a try frame, but certainly would like to get on the 496. Would the Medium possibly work? I'm 6'-2" and my saddle height is 81cm. If not, could they cook one up for me?

  4. #4
    FNG
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by uscsig51
    I'm on a XL LOOK 585 and have been eyeing the 496. I haven't had a chance to go for a fitting/test for a try frame, but certainly would like to get on the 496. Would the Medium possibly work? I'm 6'-2" and my saddle height is 81cm. If not, could they cook one up for me?
    I'm fairly certain the medium would fit you just fine. Center of B/B to top of seat tube on a medium is ~68cm. This would only leave 13cm for post and saddle; I don't think you'd want to go any bigger on frame size. The top tube on a medium is 56cm, so it would be about 1.5cm shorter than your XL 585, but this is pretty normal for a Tri/TT bike.

    chas@LookUSA

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1
    Hey, I am also interested in this frame but also do not know my size.
    I am 6'2 and currently i ride a 56 frame, let me know! thanks!

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Look 496 frame sizing

    Chas\All: I read your note about the odd sizing translations. I am interested in purchasing the 496. My general size info is 5'10.5" with 32.5" inseam. I want to keep a fairly tight tuck and assume a 54cm would be my best option. Can you confirm that the small translates into medium or 54 or close to? thanks

  7. #7
    FNG
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Starstyle
    Chas\All: I read your note about the odd sizing translations. I am interested in purchasing the 496. My general size info is 5'10.5" with 32.5" inseam. I want to keep a fairly tight tuck and assume a 54cm would be my best option. Can you confirm that the small translates into medium or 54 or close to? thanks
    You and I have nearly the exact same measurements and the small is the most comfortable size for me. I can ride an XS but it feels a little cramped, and a M is definitely WAY too big.

    Hope that helps.

    chas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Deals

Contest

Tour De France

Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook