Thread: Look 986

FNG
    Aug 2006

Look 986

I know this is the road forum, but I thought some of you may be interested in seeing this. If anyone is going out to Sea Otter this weekend, be sure to stop by and say hi!

LOOK 986 - 20.5 lbs.

chas@LookUSA

Devoid of all flim-flam
    To put it mildly, that looks like an extremely competent mountain bike. Va-voom!
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

jm3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    What a great looking bike, and if the ride is anwhere near the 595, and how could it not be, it's going to be amazing on the trails.

I'm trying to decide if I like the wht/blk finish, or this one. I think I just like "Look" on the downtube better than the model number. Are these the components that are coming on the full-build? I would question some choices if it is - Shimano has re-gained control of the market around us. Everyone wants the cranks and brakes, and the shifters are no longer an issue. Oh yeah, and mtb pedals, too - not too many mtber's riding around on road pedals! Kidding.

Great, great bike. I can't wait. We're more than happy to test them on the SoCal trails for you guys.
    Jim Manton - Owner/FinalFit
    www.finalfit.com

Shoebomber
    You know, I have no interest in mountain bikes but I have to admit that is hot. Cyclingnews.com already has some good photos up if anyone is interested.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...-sea_otter_107

Get me to In&Out
    I like the white one I posted pictures of in this post two months ago better. My offer of a test rider in the US still stands Chas.

Who wants a Look MTB?
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.