Shirtcocker

$185 and this ugly Santini jacket is yours

Normally $370

love the Bonktown description
    Since we donít speak Italian, we canít tell you exactly what materials make this jacket better than pasta in Palermo. However, itís a Santini and has warm lining and a weather-resistant shell, so it must be pretty dang sweet.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

banned from the museum
    Aug 2007
    Fugly.

Captain Obvious
    does that come with a backpack?
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

Sticky Valentine
    No, but it does come with a bullet.

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

n00bsauce
    It might look ok on a bike (what the heck are those circles on the back?) but I'd never wear it anywhere else. $185? Fairly steep and I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't even consider buying it for $50 unless I really needed one and was willing to put up with the looks because performance and price trumped everything else I was comparing it to. I've got a pair of yellow (actually two pair, road and mtn) bike shoes. At least my yellow mtn shoes match my bike. My yellow road shoes don't match anything. But, they fit really good, have nice stiff carbon soles so I don't get hotspots and they were cheap. I put up with yellow because they do more for me than anything else I could have bought in the price range.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

n00bsauce
    At first glance I thought you said mullet
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

Mel Erickson

Sticky Valentine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson
    At first glance I thought you said mullet

Damn. I should have. that would have been more witty, but I went with dark.

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

Mehpic
    my first thought: "reflective target for cars to aim at!"
    catzilla: I wish we were all a little more invincible.

The NEGU Foundation: Caring for Courageous Kids http://www.thenegufoundation.org/

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by tomk96
    does that come with a backpack?
    No, but it ought to come with a free bowl of soup.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Shirtcocker
    It might look ok on a bike (what the heck are those circles on the back?) but I'd never wear it anywhere else. $185? Fairly steep and I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't even consider buying it for $50 unless I really needed one and was willing to put up with the looks because performance and price trumped everything else I was comparing it to. I've got a pair of yellow (actually two pair, road and mtn) bike shoes. At least my yellow mtn shoes match my bike. My yellow road shoes don't match anything. But, they fit really good, have nice stiff carbon soles so I don't get hotspots and they were cheap. I put up with yellow because they do more for me than anything else I could have bought in the price range.
    I bought a florescent yellow Pearl Izumi Jacket that is nice for colder weather from Bonktown a while back--I think it was about $60. Don't know how this one could be a lot better. You really don't need the "waterproof" feature in the winter IMO. If you're riding in the rain then you'd be wearing a rainjacket instead.

n00bsauce
    Unless it's a cold rain. Every April I go with a bunch of buddies on a tandem century. I've been caught in 38F rain on several occasions. Warmth without bulk while staying dry is nice. Got a buddy with a really lightweight shell that color. He stands out, that's for sure.

Mel Erickson

Shirtcocker
    Unless it's a cold rain. Every April I go with a bunch of buddies on a tandem century. I've been caught in 38F rain on several occasions. Warmth without bulk while staying dry is nice. Got a buddy with a really lightweight shell that color. He stands out, that's for sure.
    I have a Castelli rainjacket in yellow also, but it doesn't breathe well so I only wear it if it's raining or cold enough that I won't sweat too much. If it's warm rain a vest is all I usually need.

waterproof*
    Rant on: WTF is it with bike clothing mfg'rs and "reflective accents" ???

I mean, you sell a BLACK and BLUE jacket, for WINTER riding, then they put tiny little reflective bits. Yeah that's really gonna help.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    I bought a florescent yellow Pearl Izumi Jacket that is nice for colder weather from Bonktown a while back--I think it was about $60. Don't know how this one could be a lot better. You really don't need the "waterproof" feature in the winter IMO. If you're riding in the rain then you'd be wearing a rainjacket instead.

try a northern European winter with weeks on end of 35F and rain.
    Blows your hair back.

Seat's not level
    It would make a nice halloween costume. Just need a motorcycle helmet and a feaky looking weapon.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    Ya, und maybe ve'll stomp on it and squoosh it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios.

Legal Notice: General disclosure of non offensive intent.

The above internet forum poster, by and through the act of posting and participating in said forum, does hereby disclaim and disavow any offensive intent by way of written word, gesture, or emoticon and none should thus be inferred or taken.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    I didn't know anything could cost more than Assos or Ralpha.

JP
    Lizzie will ride free
    That weird circle thingy on the back looks a bit like a bio-hazard warning but less cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Another shot of the 6th Street Bridge. I guess I'm feeling sentimental because word is they're going to tear it down and build a replacement." DrRoebuck

http://subterraneanhomesickrandonneurblues.blogspot.com

Call me a Fred
    Don't you people know nothing? The back is a depiction of an lithium atom, atomic number 3. It is the lightest metal and is what your bikes should be made of.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Anti-Hero
    I think it'd be aight on the right torso.
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea138
    I think it'd be aight on the right torso.
    No. It wouldn't.
    DFL>DNF>DNS ô

By the time you get home you won't remember why you didn't want to get off the couch.
    ---Val Garou