Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    lbj maybe a broken [hand] after game 1?
    He said he had a bone contusion, which means a bone bruise, AFAIK. Probably painful, but not a broken hand.

Also self-inflicted. He punched a whiteboard after Game 1.

I think it's unfortunate that he chose the post Game 4 press conference to reveal the injury. Feels like he was kinda trying to crap on the Warriors' moment, either consciously or subconsciously. Would also expect some Cavs' Homers to now bray that "they woulda won the series if LeBron hadn't gotten hurt!!!".

Well, nope... 'cuz it was not a close series. Maybe they could've won Game 3 (the Cavs were only competitive in Games 1 & 3, and LeBron didn't have the injury in G1) if LBJ hadn't decided to punch a whiteboard.

But then what? They lose in five instead? Okay. 'Cuz it sure doesn't seem like they'd win one in Oakland. Sorry, CLE Homers.

Anyhoo, you've heard of Where's Waldo? The NBA is now gonna be playing Where's LeBron (Gonna Go)? over the summer. BIG time.

Dumbest destination for Bron I've heard? Golden State.

Feels like the perfect "I'ma gonna talk myself into this" sportcaster argument, and is BS for so many obvious reasons. But it gets attention, so some jackwad 'casters are just gonna keep on pushing it for the next month.

But that noise aside... congrats on the championship, Warriors. This was really impressive, especially considering their situation at the end of the regular season. Seemed like almost EVERY key GS player got hurt at one point or another in the final month or so of the regular season, and they lost 10 of their last 17 games. Not how you wanna go into the playoffs.

So this one took grit.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    The standings doesn't really mean jack, but sure you can keep using it to justify whatever the heck you want. And when they meet the depleted Celtic team full of rooks... they get pushed to 7 games. Yea, standings mean an awful lot, lol. And put another way, are the Raptors the best team in the East? Seriously!!!?
    Right, standings don't mean jack, because performance over 82+ games tells us nothing about how good a team is.

Just like going to the championships is no indication of talent.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Cat 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    He said he had a bone contusion, which means a bone bruise, AFAIK. Probably painful, but not a broken hand.

Also self-inflicted. He punched a whiteboard after Game 1.

I think it's unfortunate that he chose the post Game 4 press conference to reveal the injury. Feels like he was kinda trying to crap on the Warriors' moment, either consciously or subconsciously. Would also expect some Cavs' Homers to now bray that "they woulda won the series if LeBron hadn't gotten hurt!!!".

Well, nope... 'cuz it was not a close series. Maybe they could've won Game 3 (the Cavs were only competitive in Games 1 & 3, and LeBron didn't have the injury in G1) if LBJ hadn't decided to punch a whiteboard.

But then what? They lose in five instead? Okay. 'Cuz it sure doesn't seem like they'd win one in Oakland. Sorry, CLE Homers.

Anyhoo, you've heard of Where's Waldo? The NBA is now gonna be playing Where's LeBron (Gonna Go)? over the summer. BIG time.

Dumbest destination for Bron I've heard? Golden State.

Feels like the perfect "I'ma gonna talk myself into this" sportcaster argument, and is BS for so many obvious reasons. But it gets attention, so some jackwad 'casters are just gonna keep on pushing it for the next month.

But that noise aside... congrats on the championship, Warriors. This was really impressive, especially considering their situation at the end of the regular season. Seemed like almost EVERY key GS player got hurt at one point or another in the final month or so of the regular season, and they lost 10 of their last 17 games. Not how you wanna go into the playoffs.

So this one took grit.

Healthy, hurt...wouldn't have mattered. The other 11 guys did nothing...Smith/Thompson/Korver all no shows. Brilliant scheme letting Steph guard LBJ. Basically play tough defense on everyone else, Steph is first line/pawn against LBJ and then collapse to help if needed. The "others" couldn't handle that kind of defense...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Rick Berry to come out of retirement in 2019?

Last edited by troutmd; 1 Week Ago at 08:31 AM.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Right, standings don't mean jack, because performance over 82+ games tells us nothing about how good a team is.
    It does, but, stuff can happen to a team over the course of the regular season that masks their true level.

Very recent cases in point: CLE was the #4 seed in the East, largely due to 'roster chaos', and won 12 games fewer than the Raptors. Yet still swept 'em in the playoffs.

GS was the #2 seed in the West (largely due to injuries), and won 7 fewer games than Houston. Yet beat them in the playoffs.

Reg season *does* mean quite a bit, for sure. But, it's never quite been The Hand of God™, either.

Though I'd generally bet on a #1 or #2 seed vs a #7 or #8 in the playoffs. Your odds are really good there.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

xxl
    It does, but, stuff can happen to a team over the course of the regular season that masks their true level.

Very recent cases in point: CLE was the #4 seed in the East, largely due to 'roster chaos', and won 12 games fewer than the Raptors. Yet still swept 'em in the playoffs.

GS was the #2 seed in the West (largely due to injuries), and won 7 fewer games than Houston. Yet beat them in the playoffs.

Reg season *does* mean quite a bit, for sure. But, it's never quite been The Hand of God™, either.

Though I'd generally bet on a #1 or #2 seed vs a #7 or #8 in the playoffs. Your odds are really good there.

The point is that Cleveland was a very good team this year, despite not being the best team in the NBA. They were good enough to make it to the finals, which twenty-eight other teams didn't do.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not sure how an analysis of this NBA season, the playoff results can not factor in the role injuries played. Boston took LBJ Cavs to seven game without two of their stars, and CP3 goes down with GS on the ropes.

GS has the most talent and one of the better coaches in NBA history--- they deserved to win. But a little good fortune along the way is not to be completely overlooked for either of the two teams in the finals.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Not sure how an analysis of this NBA season, the playoff results can not factor in the role injuries played. Boston took LBJ Cavs to seven game without two of their stars, and CP3 goes down with GS on the ropes.

GS has the most talent and one of the better coaches in NBA history--- they deserved to win. But a little good fortune along the way is not to be completely overlooked for either of the two teams in the finals.
    Ppl keep forgetting that in the GS-Houston series, while CP3 was out for two games, Igoudala was out for four.

I notice that even the sportscasters rarely seem to mention that. Or that Houston got blown out twice in the series... with CP3 on the floor.

Maybe it's 'cuz the 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' storyline is an emotionally compelling one. Complete with the now-famous vid of CP3 pounding on a chair in frustration during Game 7.

On the BOS-CLE series, I agree with you. It's hard to see the Cavs winning that series if Kyrie and Gordon Heyward had been available for Boston.

That said, the younger players on BOS learned a lot this year, and will be better for it come next season. Boston is looking like the new Kings of the East™.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Ppl keep forgetting that in the GS-Houston series, while CP3 was out for two games, Igoudala was out for four.

I notice that even the sportscasters rarely seem to mention that. Or that Houston got blown out twice in the series... with CP3 on the floor.

Maybe it's 'cuz the 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' storyline is an emotionally compelling one. Complete with the now-famous vid of CP3 pounding on a chair in frustration during Game 7.
    Not sure why you are dissing on CP3 as he is a standup guy and he is more crucial to Houston than Iggy is to GS? Hell they could trade Iggy and not feel it. That is how stupid deep GS is. However you take CP3 out of Houston, that's like losing Curry comparatively. And losing your clutch HoF PG at the crucial end of the series is dramatic no doubt.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not sure why you are dissing on CP3 as he is a standup guy and he is more crucial to Houston than Iggy is to GS? Hell they could trade Iggy and not feel it. That is how stupid deep GS is. However you take CP3 out of Houston, that's like losing Curry comparatively. And losing your clutch HoF PG at the crucial end of the series is dramatic no doubt.
    Just because CP3 is younger, a starter, a multiply year All-Star,and paid 50% more then "off-the-bench Iggy", is no reason to think he is more valuable to Houston then Iggy is to GS.

Its obvious!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008

Fake President
    Not sure why you think comparing CP3 to a former NBA Finals MVP (which Iggy is) and a member of the Warriors' 'Death Lineup' is such a dis. It really isn't. Iggy also filled the hole when Curry was out for much of the playoffs, by switching over to starting point guard. He's that versatile... not only a great defender, but a very good playmaker, too.

And he is pretty key to GS. Case in point, the Rockets' series:

GS with Iggy, Houston with CP3:
    GS over Houston, 2 games to 1

GS minus Iggy, Houston with CP3 (aka 'switch suddenly flipped'):
    Houston over GS, 2 games to 0

GS minus Iggy, Houston minus CP3:
    GS over Houston, 2 games to 0

So, it's fair to say that *both* players matter a lot to their squads. Kerr says GS would've won the Houston series in five if Iggy hadn't gone down. I believe him.

Far as GS being 'stupid deep', not so much. Their bench was better last year. Iggy is sort of a hybrid starter/bench player, so really, Livingston is their #1 bench guy. And beyond him, the quality of their bench drops off... a lot.

I think it's a testament to the quality Kerr's schemes that he was able to get some valuable minutes from the likes of Looney, McGee, Bell, Young, Cook, etc. They can be effective at times, sure. But they're also guys you'd never ever hear tell of if they weren't on the Warriors.

Cat 6
    Igoudala is one of the very best defenders in the league. So yes, his absence was a big deal.

Fake President

just a couple more Finals memes

Last edited by SystemShock; 6 Days Ago at 02:14 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    A little ackward

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    A little ackward

I'm not worried about KD not re-signing with GS. He wants to come back.

I am worried about GS having enough money left over (after paying their stars) to have a good bench next season.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456