Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    WTF.

I guess once some people figure they have it made they can get away with anything.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Holy. ****.

It makes sense, with the "can't trust anyone anymore" thing he said. And for the 1st Degree Murder charge.

Holy. ****.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just one look at his Neanderthal forehead would make me steer clear.

There was even an article somewhere online yesterday, about how an old study was dusted off that tries to find a genetic link to violence, including facial features....

The only thing that surprises me is that he's actually facing charges. Guess the rich/famous athletes aren't allowed more than two murders.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008

T K
    wasssabi
    It's ok Aaron. In prison you can still be on a team.
    Will he sign with the Nortenos or the Sorenos?

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Wish they would let Nancy Grace, CNN et. al. take over from here. I watch ESPN for sports news not for gritty details of news that happens to sports figures.

AJL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Damn, he was a great tight end for the Patriots. What an idiot . I wonder if it's the steriods???

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    Wish they would let Nancy Grace, CNN et. al. take over from here. I watch ESPN for sports news not for gritty details of news that happens to sports figures.
    This story isn't happening TO A. Hernandez. He made the story by being there, even if he is innocent.

Congrats to the Mass SP for what appears to have been a professional and tight lipped investigation.

Do what he say!

Aaron Hernandez ... WTF

Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post
    I wonder if it's the steriods???
    Is that a serious question? If so, do a little reading on his background. Former gang member, rumored to still be in regular contact with them (maybe not by choice...) he's been a POS long before he started roids (if he was/is on them).
    I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Pooped a refrigerator.

Make America grope again
    Oct 2012
    Ymssra - Hernandezing, too funny.
    Ride more, whine less - HTFU.

"1/2 of you are wrong and the other .5 are incorrect!" (FlynG)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    I watch ESPN for sports news.
    That's where you messed up.

AJL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnewb View Post
    Is that a serious question? If so, do a little reading on his background. Former gang member, rumored to still be in regular contact with them (maybe not by choice...) he's been a POS long before he started roids (if he was/is on them).
    Not really. I'm from NH and Hernandez had a bit of a bad boy rep before all the recent press broke (though, obviously, nobody talking knew how bad). Supposedly the reason the T-shirt was to hide the Gang Tats.

Make America grope again
    Oct 2012
    Not really. I'm from NH and Hernandez had a bit of a bad boy rep before all the recent press broke (though, obviously, nobody talking knew how bad). Supposedly the reason the T-shirt was to hide the Gang Tats.
    Officials examining Aaron Hernandez's tattoos for gang ties - CBSSports.com

If he really was tied to gangs, how did the Patriots not know?

You Phillip mah census
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Just one look at his Neanderthal forehead would make me steer clear.

There was even an article somewhere online yesterday, about how an old study was dusted off that tries to find a genetic link to violence, including facial features....
    Steady on. The Victorians in Britain and other European countries went to great lengths to link facial features and physiognomy in general to criminality. They succeeded in convincing many people that certain facial profiles and features were key markers of degeneracy, low intelligence and criminal tendency. By extension people of colour were set up as examples of 'inferior' humans. That kind of pseudo-science underpinned eugenics and helped make the gas chambers a reality.

It's stupid, wrong and unworthy of you.
    Last edited by sir duke; 06-29-2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: verb/tense agreement.
    There ain't no sanity clause... (Chico Marx)

I accidentally..a burrito. (Old Fuji)

Norman Wisdom, Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee, good times... (Phil Oakey)

AJL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
    Officials examining Aaron Hernandez's tattoos for gang ties - CBSSports.com

If he really was tied to gangs, how did the Patriots not know?
    They knew. They knew they were taking a risk, but it was worth it for someone so talented. They were always ready to cut ties with him if necessary, though I doubt they seriously thought it would be over murder. Some people were upset that the Pats dropped him like a hot potato, but given his background, like I said, it was something they were already prepared to do.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    As new details emerge one-by-one, the "holy fvck" quotient just keeps rising. The texts. The setup. The time it took for his buddies to get to him, to go pick up the victim (i.e. the time he had to reconsider). The connection to the double-murder. The boxes of ammo in his condo. The magazine clip in his Hummer.

They knew. They knew they were taking a risk, but it was worth it for someone so talented. They were always ready to cut ties with him if necessary, though I doubt they seriously thought it would be over murder. Some people were upset that the Pats dropped him like a hot potato, but given his background, like I said, it was something they were already prepared to do.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick got on the phone with someone to find out how serious the chargers were and how strong the case was.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

AJL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck View Post
    As new details emerge one-by-one, the "holy fvck" quotient just keeps rising. The texts. The setup. The time it took for his buddies to get to him, to go pick up the victim (i.e. the time he had to reconsider). The connection to the double-murder. The boxes of ammo in his condo. The magazine clip in his Hummer.
    That's for sure! And the dumb quotient. I originally thought the phone he busted up was a burner and was thinking, you idiot, just drop the SIM card in a sewer, but a guy in line at the DMV told me he used his own phone - well, he wasn't about to get a $40M contract to play chess was he .

I'm sure someone in the Pats management was on the phone asap with the State's AG office, we now know how that call went. What a sad sad situation, especially for the guys who may have just 'dissed' Hernandez and payed with their lives. I'm against the death penalty, but that doesn't mean that the thought that some people should just be taken out in the street and shot like dogs since that about how they behaved doesn't ever enter my mind.

I have the feeling that this is going to get even more bizarre when the facts of the case come out during trial. The judge didn't refuse bail just because she felt like it.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    That's for sure! And the dumb quotient. I originally thought the phone he busted up was a burner and was thinking, you idiot, just drop the SIM card in a sewer, but a guy in line at the DMV told me he used his own phone - well, he wasn't about to get a $40M contract to play chess was he .

I'm sure someone in the Pats management was on the phone asap with the State's AG office, we now know how that call went. What a sad sad situation, especially for the guys who may have just 'dissed' Hernandez and payed with their lives. I'm against the death penalty, but that doesn't mean that the thought that some people should just be taken out in the street and shot like dogs since that about how they behaved doesn't ever enter my mind.

I have the feeling that this is going to get even more bizarre when the facts of the case come out during trial. The judge didn't refuse bail just because she felt like it.
    I agree with all of this. And I just watched the bail hearing video and, yeah, she seemed pretty convinced he dunnit.
    -- Gut

RoadBikeReview Member
    You can take a girl out of the country...
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    This is a great summary of the case/evidence they have against him.

The haunting part: When Lloyd was in the car he knew his time was up so he started texting his sister, making sure she knew who he was with.

The baffling part: This wasn't heat of the moment. Hernandez had hours (if not days) to think about what he was doing, think about everything he stood to lose, and reconsider. At the very least, he had time to plan a better murder.
    -- Gut

Non non normal

The haunting part: When Lloyd was in the car he knew his time was up so he started texting his sister, making sure she knew who he was with.

The baffling part: This wasn't heat of the moment. Hernandez had hours (if not days) to think about what he was doing, think about everything he stood to lose, and reconsider. At the very least, he had time to plan a better murder.

Yeah, he could have planned a way better murder by following the plot of a tv show. It doesn't speak highly of his intellect, not to mention his character. I just wonder what the back end of the story really is. I certainly hope he just didn't go around killing people that "dissed" him.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

Make America grope again
    Oct 2012

Sounds like even if this a@@clown had 20 years he couldn't plan a "better" murder.

Do what he say!

Aaron Hernandez ... WTF

My guess: the victim knew something about Hernandez being involved in the 2012 double-murder and was about to roll on him. Hernandez, being the he genius he is, thinks if he gets some of his old gang buddies who are professional thugs involved he can get away with it...you know...because that's what they're good at.
    I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnewb View Post
    My guess: the victim knew something about Hernandez being involved in the 2012 double-murder and was about to roll on him. Hernandez, being the he genius he is, thinks if he gets some of his old gang buddies who are professional thugs involved he can get away with it...you know...because that's what they're good at.
    That's actually my guess, too, except that it was because Lloyd was talking to the wrong people about it at the nightclub. That's what apparently set this whole thing off.
    -- Gut

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast