Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost over

Frog Whisperer

Almost over

The season is waning FAST. I had to ride the rollers today, 29 degrees with 30 to 40 mph winds. It actually felt good... Legs haven't gone round and round since Saturday.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Sweet Potato Kugel

My better half is always using the indoor workout mode. I, on the other hand, in the toe-strap mode w/7,409 miles into 2017 are waiting for the end.

And it was windy.

Pic not her ...she's better looking.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    The season is waning FAST. I had to ride the rollers today, 29 degrees with 30 to 40 mph winds. It actually felt good... Legs haven't gone round and round since Saturday.
    We're getting similar wind but the temp is sitting at around 7 degrees F right now. We've got close to 12" of snow since yesterday, that finally stopped a little earlier this evening but then the wind picked up and the temp started dropping. I got my exercise this evening with a shovel.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post

My better half is always using the indoor workout mode. I, on the other hand, in the toe-strap mode w/7,409 miles into 2017 are waiting for the end.

And it was windy.

I managed 4038 before I ran out of weather. I may get another 100 or so in, but I am starting to get pretty busy with work and it's a pain in the a$$ to put 10 pounds of clothes on to ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    We're getting similar wind but the temp is sitting at around 7 degrees F right now. We've got close to 12" of snow since yesterday, that finally stopped a little earlier this evening but then the wind picked up and the temp started dropping. I got my exercise this evening with a shovel.
    Yeah but you live 500 miles above the arctic circle!

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Proud luddite
    Tucson was in the grips of a bitter winter storm today. Highs were only in the 60ís!

Banned forever.....or not
    Sunday might have been the last outdoor ride of the year. (at least bare legged) 53 degrees......I had already finished a hour's indoor workout in the morning.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    Sunday might have been the last outdoor ride of the year. (at least bare legged) 53 degrees......I had already finished a hour's indoor workout in the morning.
    I was supposed to go to the gym last Sunday but when I saw the forecast, something tells me that it will be the last mild day of the year so I canned the gym plan and went for a ride. It turned out to be a very good decision.

banned
    Jan 2015
    Cold week, 50ís during the day, high 30ís at night. My season never ends in Vegas, just sucks cause I have to ride or run at night during the week to be set for the weekend.

Master debator.
    I have been running, a lot, but I need to take the summer tires off the fat bike and put winter tires on. I actually can't wait to make first tracks on that.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

Frog Whisperer

And it was windy.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    I couldn't get out Sunday, helped my son install a new dishwasher.. Had a god ride Saturday though. Its been a reasonable season, although, there was only one month that I didn't need arm amd/or leg warmers at least a few times.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    I was able to ride outside on Saturday. The high temp was forecast to be in the mid 40s, sunny and little wind. A rarity here for sure and I figured it would be my last shot until spring. We had a blizzard on Monday and now it looks like winter may have finally settled in. I'm glad I made time Saturday for that ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I walked out Saturday to check the weather. Beautiful clear skies, light breeze and temps in the low 70ís. Perfect for a nice ride.
    Then the honey-do-list trumped all.

Frog Whisperer
    This is where I stand now..... Cross training!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Almost over-20171206_092626.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Had a god ride Saturday though.
    Hmm..., I'm picturing a ride through something like this.

Almost over-y3bwj.jpg

I can only wish...

Fecal indicator
    monday was a record-high 85F...

today is house-arrest weather...42F and raining.

have ridden 37 consecutive days, so guess a day off won't kill me...
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Went for rides Saturday & Sunday, probably got the last 80 miles of the season in. Saturday afternoon picked up the skate skis from the shop after they had a long overdue grind, Monday it snowed, last night I skied for the first time this season. Life is good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Between work travel, supporting my wife's epic 1/2 marathon season, building a porch, working on the Westfalia, and other stuff; 2017 = the least I've ridden a bike in 20 years.

Between a stupid work injury, vacation, and a running injury (why the heck did I do that anyway); last month = almost no exercise at all.

All the above coupled with snow covered roads and highs in the 20s F; = XC skiing with the headlamp last night was DELIGHTFUL.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by tka View Post
    Went for rides Saturday & Sunday, probably got the last 80 miles of the season in. Saturday afternoon picked up the skate skis from the shop after they had a long overdue grind, Monday it snowed, last night I skied for the first time this season. Life is good.
    Yeah, took one of the bike carriers off my roof rack Sunday, and put the ski carriers on. Time to wax the XC skis....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Descender
    Oct 2005
    Here in CO the weather is holding up well enough to get in miles. Rode 65 yesterday in sunny 45 degrees. Tomorrow will be in the mid 30's, good enough to get a ride in. Don't like to ride below freezing however.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh777 View Post
    Here in CO the weather is holding up well enough to get in miles. Rode 65 yesterday in sunny 45 degrees. Tomorrow will be in the mid 30's, good enough to get a ride in. Don't like to ride below freezing however.
    Yeah, well, wait until the Chinook starts blowing.....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    Between work travel, supporting my wife's epic 1/2 marathon season, building a porch, working on the Westfalia, and other stuff; 2017 = the least I've ridden a bike in 20 years.

Between a stupid work injury, vacation, and a running injury (why the heck did I do that anyway); last month = almost no exercise at all.

All the above coupled with snow covered roads and highs in the 20s F; = XC skiing with the headlamp last night was DELIGHTFUL.
    why would you run if you have a bike???? (except nOOkie, he is a running junkie)

Waterford spent several hours on the stand getting ready for her long winters nap.Once again, she gets her own room in the house, no hanging like a bat in the garage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Almost over-imgp9650.jpg   Almost over-imgp9652.jpg  

Frog Whisperer
    she's not looking so brand new anymore! Since I got her and restored her she has 14,000 on her (4 years I think????) I don't ride her all her time, there are a few others!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Almost over-imgp9608.jpg  

Sweet Potato Kugel

Yellow WAS the best colour.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

Sweet Potato Kugel

Safety 3rd. Nothing like 75 LBS of wood upright on three hand lifts. LOL

Frog Whisperer

Safety 3rd. Nothing like 75 LBS of wood upright on three hand lifts. LOL
    Actually, they are wood racks and each one had about 200 pounds of red elm on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Almost over-20171208_222046.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast