Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    My daughters cat is a rescue from a kill shelter. When my daughter is home the cat is with her , she knows who saved her.

I like cats too.

We have met the enemy...
    Beautiful kitty, QQQ.

We've figured out something because our oldest has been having diarrhea--almost all the meat catfood is made with chicken plus flavoring--including Wellness, which is supposed to be a premium food--Turkey is really chicken with turkey flavoring, salmon and turkey, the same. And we figured out that he is allergic to chicken!

So we have been trying some other brands that actually are other meats (venison, rabbit etc, and some food that includes green pea) and we think we have him back on track.
    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year olds life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."
    John Rogers

Misfit Toy
    I love that Sula is helping Tavi play!
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

gazing from the shadows
    All kittens climb, and all kittens climb people. Once they are past the massless stage, this tends to hurt. How to deal with this?

Simple! Act like it hurts, a lot. OW OW OW OW! Every kitten has learned from this that they should not climb people, because it hurts them. The lesson is easy to teach, and easy to learn.

This is NOT the lesson Sula learned.

Scene: the inlaws' kitchen over the holidays. They keep our cats when we do long mtb trips in the summer, but this was the first time Sula was there. First thing I warned of was that Sula very likely would appear on their shoulders at some point, probably on the stairs given the design, so don't freak out.

Time: 3:30am, when MIL was up doing old person things in the kitchen. What, I don't know. It likely involved eating leftover prime rib in her super thick terry robe, knowing her.

MIL finished and decided to go back to bed, turned towards the door out of the kitchen, when Sula ran at her full speed, jumped to her thigh, bounced to her chest/arm junction, then to her shoulder and stopped, purring. To quote, "I just wanted to laugh but I couldn't!" And she had the biggest smile on her face when she said it. She barely felt a thing, because Sula is very light of paw.

Sula learned a lesson from the OW OW OW OW... she learned about clothing thickness. If we try to act hurt when she KNOWS she has not touched our skin, she gives us a look like a 10 year old would give you if you tried to play "got your nose".
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    All kittens climb, and all kittens climb people. Once they are past the massless stage, this tends to hurt. How to deal with this?

Simple! Act like it hurts, a lot. OW OW OW OW! Every kitten has learned from this that they should not climb people, because it hurts them. The lesson is easy to teach, and easy to learn.

This is NOT the lesson Sula learned.

Scene: the inlaws' kitchen over the holidays. They keep our cats when we do long mtb trips in the summer, but this was the first time Sula was there. First thing I warned of was that Sula very likely would appear on their shoulders at some point, probably on the stairs given the design, so don't freak out.

Time: 3:30am, when MIL was up doing old person things in the kitchen. What, I don't know. It likely involved eating leftover prime rib in her super thick terry robe, knowing her.

MIL finished and decided to go back to bed, turned towards the door out of the kitchen, when Sula ran at her full speed, jumped to her thigh, bounced to her chest/arm junction, then to her shoulder and stopped, purring. To quote, "I just wanted to laugh but I couldn't!" And she had the biggest smile on her face when she said it. She barely felt a thing, because Sula is very light of paw.

Sula learned a lesson from the OW OW OW OW... she learned about clothing thickness. If we try to act hurt when she KNOWS she has not touched our skin, she gives us a look like a 10 year old would give you if you tried to play "got your nose".
    great story!!!!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12