Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Does she see a bird?
    No, she heard one but it wasn't there to be seen. That's seeking, not hunting.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Has she discovered the cat-nirvana of being inside a box or grocery bag yet?

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/whats-...ats-and-boxes/

You might note that there are multiple pics of her in boxes in this thread.

Boxes rotate based on delivery and cat interest, bags she is not interested in, and she loves her three way crinkle tunnel, which makes noises like a bag but can be run through.

welcome to the jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    You might note that there are multiple pics of her in boxes in this thread.

Boxes rotate based on delivery and cat interest, bags she is not interested in, and she loves her three way crinkle tunnel, which makes noises like a bag but can be run through.
    Ah, skimmed past those two posts.

And... adorable!

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

gazing from the shadows
    Just when I think I am used to Sula's ways....

Yesterday morning I came in the back porch and she was sitting there, quietly. Now we don't take her out every day, or every time she asks, but she does ask a lot. So, because she was NOT asking, I grabbed the leash and held it up.

She sat there and looked at me.

So I gestured towards the door with the leash, and asked if she wanted out. The only response was a narrowing of the eyes.

So I put the leash away, and told her she did not have to go out. But this struck me as VERY odd behavior. I have never had a cat who likes to go outside not go when offered. If she had not been totally normal earlier in the morning, I might have thought there was a medical issue, but instead I chalked it up to "cat thing".

10 seconds later Tavi came into the porch. Sula jumped up, walked to the door, and made her "I want this" meow.

Sula wanted to go outside, just not without her buddy. Not that day, other days sure, but not that day.

Boobies!
    Just when I think I am used to Sula's ways....

Yesterday morning I came in the back porch and she was sitting there, quietly. Now we don't take her out every day, or every time she asks, but she does ask a lot. So, because she was NOT asking, I grabbed the leash and held it up.

She sat there and looked at me.

So I gestured towards the door with the leash, and asked if she wanted out. The only response was a narrowing of the eyes.

So I put the leash away, and told her she did not have to go out. But this struck me as VERY odd behavior. I have never had a cat who likes to go outside not go when offered. If she had not been totally normal earlier in the morning, I might have thought there was a medical issue, but instead I chalked it up to "cat thing".

10 seconds later Tavi came into the porch. Sula jumped up, walked to the door, and made her "I want this" meow.

Sula wanted to go outside, just not without her buddy. Not that day, other days sure, but not that day.
    She sounds like she's a good communicator!

I'm also convinced that they communicate with each other via ESP. I used to be the hot ticket for a bed-time cuddle once I was comfortable laying down, one or the other would hop up and sit on my chest. We used to joke that they would arrange with each other who's turn it was to sit on me...

Only occasionally it would be both--and then Mr. Fred usually made sure he pushed his way in, and Mr. Claude would defer (even though he is the Alpha...)
    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."
    John Rogers

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    She sounds like she's a good communicator!

I'm also convinced that they communicate with each other via ESP. I used to be the hot ticket for a bed-time cuddle once I was comfortable laying down, one or the other would hop up and sit on my chest. We used to joke that they would arrange with each other who's turn it was to sit on me...
    She will end up being a human whisperer, that's my guess.

Cats do trade off with human time, ime. They cover each other's jobs too.

They also communicate in many ways, I am sure, that we miss. Lots of body language, ear movement, and other things we don't even know about. Sometimes I can see hints of this, like when one walks in, does little but sit and look around... blinks a few times.... another cat does a bit of looking/listening.... then two cats walk out. After a bit I might find them in the basement, or porch, or just sitting in another room. Why? Dunno.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    She will end up being a human whisperer, that's my guess.

Cats do trade off with human time, ime. They cover each other's jobs too.

They also communicate in many ways, I am sure, that we miss. Lots of body language, ear movement, and other things we don't even know about. Sometimes I can see hints of this, like when one walks in, does little but sit and look around... blinks a few times.... another cat does a bit of looking/listening.... then two cats walk out. After a bit I might find them in the basement, or porch, or just sitting in another room. Why? Dunno.
    I’ve only 2 currenly, both females who barely tolerate each other. Or possibly thats what they display for the humans as sometimes they both head out off the bed at night and disappear together. My wife and I joke they’re in the basement smoking a joint.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Congratulations. She's adorable.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    I’ve only 2 currenly, both females who barely tolerate each other. Or possibly thats what they display for the humans as sometimes they both head out off the bed at night and disappear together. My wife and I joke they’re in the basement smoking a joint.
    If they are in the same room at the same time that's being social for cats, in the cat world at least. Two cats often end up that way, which is why we keep 3. That makes a WORLD of difference.

Without knowing the details, it might be that they are jealous of human attention, and feel they are not getting their fair share. They see the other as competition for scarce resources. So try making sure each gets a turn (at whatever) if both are in the room. Might help, can't hurt.

gazing from the shadows
    Two words: whisker freckles.

Name:  whiskerfreckles.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  129.6 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123