Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    half-fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    YUENGLING? Trying to make sure that they don't come back next year?
    I suppose you would rather have had Rolling Rock or Iron City?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Of course, our house is not visible from the road and the driveway winds up through the dense, dark woods.....
    That sounds like the real place to go T-o-T. Only the hardcore would dare which apparently your town doesn't have any.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ae1203 View Post
    I suppose you would rather have had Rolling Rocky or Iron City?
    Rolling Rock is good for a nasty headache and killer hangover, iron city isn't fit to flush
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    That sounds like the real place to go T-o-T. Only the hardcore would dare which apparently your town doesn't have any.
    Closest town is 7 miles!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2001
    Seven years in this "new" house, and this year we finally got our first trick or treater. A little guy in a ninja costume; very polite and cute kid. Good thing we buy a bag of candy bars every year "just in case."

RoadBikeReview Member
    One of my in-laws said that she gave out religious tracts, and was shocked (shocked!!) that they were just torn up and left at the end of the driveway. She decided that it was due to kids being driven in from other communities, and if they don't like it they don't have to show up there

While I find it rude to litter somebody's property, it's also rude to push Jesus on trick-or-treaters. It's not a holiday that's about Jesus, and if she doesn't like it, she should shut off her lights and/or put up a sign that says "no candy." Easy peasy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    One of my in-laws said that she gave out religious tracts, and was shocked (shocked!!) that they were just torn up and left at the end of the driveway. She decided that it was due to kids being driven in from other communities, and if they don't like it they don't have to show up there

While I find it rude to litter somebody's property, it's also rude to push Jesus on trick-or-treaters. It's not a holiday that's about Jesus, and if she doesn't like it, she should shut off her lights and/or put up a sign that says "no candy." Easy peasy.
    We actually got a bunch of kids this year, some years it’s zero. Plus some high school kids just walking home from school, no real effort or get up. I just unloaded a basket of candy on them, they looked shocked actually. “hope you like Snickers”I said to one kid as I gave him about 20.

Not Banned

shocked she wasn't egged
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    We didn’t get any kids this year. I suspect it was due to us turning off the porch light, keeping our door shut, and not having any candy.
    The sacrificial goat carcass you hung from your front door may've been a factor too.

Oh, and the pentagram.
    Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJD: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism, it's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

a real member's member
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    shocked she wasn't egged
    too bad she didn't have several pumpkins sitting outside the door.

Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's nuts, people actually do that?
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member

I should dress up as a Mormon and ride my bike up to her porch to trick-or-treat.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jason124 View Post
    I should dress up as a Mormon and ride my bike up to her porch to trick-or-treat.
    What exactly do Mormon's look like ?, I mean differently from say a Jehovah ?.

Mitt Romney comes to mind...... but he just looks like a rich, white, Republican politician.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Awesome pumpkin!! I love carving at least one every year, though I stick with small/medium. Love roasting the seeds.

Envious of all the visitors you get.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345