Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Any Moreons here with a iPhone X yet?

Love mine, Face ID is really cool and the form factor is good for me. My 7 Plus was a little to big to fit in pockets easily. Have the Apple Trade-In program, so it was easy.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

Adorable Furry Hombre
    According to Apple..."minor" screen burn in is "normal"...the frightening part, they mention this after the bloody phone has only been public for what a week?

If "minor" burn in is "normal a week in....I cringe at a month or a year down the road.

Nice looking device otherwise. Maybe next year used, after the price drops to something more reasonable.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Russian Troll Farmer
    Will 'Face ID' still work if I grow a beard?
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    And what about the horns I just sprouted?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    According to Apple..."minor" screen burn in is "normal"...the frightening part, they mention this after the bloody phone has only been public for what a week?

If "minor" burn in is "normal a week in....I cringe at a month or a year down the road.

Nice looking device otherwise. Maybe next year used, after the price drops to something more reasonable.
    Yeah thats crazy and never heard this about Samsung or LG OLED phones. Hell Samsung makes these for Apple. I WILL see this as a warranty issue and apple will see a class action lawsuit as well.
    But I bet you it will be totally overblown. Same was said about Plasma TVs. My 12 yr old Panny shows ZERO signs. Same with my over a year old LG OLED TV.

Yeah, price is high like the Note 8, but I have a zero interest loan due to Apple upgrade program
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Yes, same if you shave one. One reviewer shave his full/long beard, added sunglass and hat, still worked.
    DIRT BOY

Not Banned
    $1000, and probably $1200 a year in usage fee.
    Taking a loan to buy a phone
    I don't need a portable television
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I'm waiting till they come out with wide screen phones before I jump in!
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    $1000, and probably $1200 a year in usage fee.
    Taking a loan to buy a phone
    I don't need a portable television
    Actually I have the 256GB version.
    Well why the HELL would I ever pay cash upfront for it, when I can use Apple's money? Usage fee is a moot point, unless your on a flip phone at this point.
    Not a portable television for me, but a portable computer and fitness device. Between work stuff and personal, it gets used a LOT.
    Is it overpriced? Sue, so is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the first phone to cost $1k.

I will probably keep this one 2 yrs, then had down to my daughter then for another 2. She was my 3 yr old iPhone 6 and its still running nice. So this phone will get 3-4 years use. so that $1k is not too bad.

Any different from a $12K bike?
    DIRT BOY

Fake President
    What do you think of the OLED screen and the camera?
    Monk: I want to go like my Dad did Ė peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJD: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism, it's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    The OLED screen seems a bit better, drastically, not sure. I don't keep my brightness at full and hate the oversaturated Samsung look. I have it on True Tone and its looks great. I thought my 7 Plus was great. But at least 15-20 people how have a iPhone 6-8 all seem to say the screen looks much better and clearer. Words and font s are much more clear. Again color, hard to ay as brightness is down. if I tun up and use a samsung closed wall paper with brightness colors, its a drastic improvement.

Camera is a little better than my 7 Plus in lowlight conditions. Have not taken a ton of pics yet. But 4K video on the screen and airplay on my OLED tV is fantastic. Thats without a 4K Apple TV and the LG B6 upscaling.
    DIRT BOY

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've been impressed with mine so far. Face ID works so seamlessly you barely even realize it's there. Much better than touch ID, which only worked about 80% of the time for me.

Camera is seriously impressive compared to my 6s- especially in low light. I'm sure a DSLR could give better results, but this is by far the best camera I've ever owned.

Screen is fine- I don't find it any nicer than the LCD version. I'm not sure OLED is really much of a game changer on a phone.

Biggest complaints are a few software glitches in legacy apps, but I imagine that will sort itself in time. It's also a bit bigger and heavier than my 6s was, which is slightly annoying.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Hope this helps: DisplayMate: iPhone X Has the 'Most Innovative and High Performance' Smartphone Display Ever Tested
    DIRT BOY

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY View Post
    Well why the HELL would I ever pay cash upfront for it, when I can use Apple's money? Usage fee is a moot point, unless your on a flip phone at this point.
    Not a portable television for me, but a portable computer and fitness device. Between work stuff and personal, it gets used a LOT.
    Is it overpriced? Sue, so is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the first phone to cost $1k.

I will probably keep this one 2 yrs, then had down to my daughter then for another 2. She was my 3 yr old iPhone 6 and its still running nice. So this phone will get 3-4 years use. so that $1k is not too bad.

if you drop a $12K bike from 4 feet up, it doesn't break and become worthless...? I dunno, just a question. you math is dependent on a lot of things. a $1K phone is just ridiculous for so many reasons...
    Not banned yet.

Master debator.
    Stop, he's trying to justify his buying of the phone, when in fact no one cares what he spends his money on I have yet to ever buy an Apple product, don't think the X will be my first either.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    if you drop a $12K bike from 4 feet up, it doesn't break and become worthless...? I dunno, just a question. you math is dependent on a lot of things. a $1K phone is just ridiculous for so many reasons...
    I've lost track of the number of times I've dropped my phone over the years- probably 100+. I only broke one screen, and the replacement was $60 from ebay with a DIY replacement. A thin silicone case does wonders.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY View Post

whether you pay up front or on a zero interest loan it is still $1000

may not be for you, but most people I see at work on their breaks are watching television
    A HR Monitor is 1/5 the cost. A good online coach can be had for under $80 a month depending on your needs.
    A $12K bike is almost equally ridiculous. I will own neither
    Enjoy it, I am not against it, I just find the numbers absurd

flinty-eyed moderator
    I am still on a 6s cause I use that headphone jack. Once all the apps I used are updated for the new Face login over touch (especially my credit union app) I probably will grudgingly upgrade.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

I make Eagles fly
    Jan 2015
    I'm still trying to see how long my 5s will last.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric
    I've been impressed with mine so far.
    Thanks guys.

There's nothing at all wrong with my current 7S ('cept for a hairline screen crack when I dropped it 'just right', before I got a case), but I want OLED and maybe a bigger screen (though I wish it was 16:9 instead of the new 'superwide' aspect ratio that's becoming all the rage).

Feels like next year's iPhone X will be the one to get, somehow. Maybe the little 'tab' at the top of the screen will be gone by then.

But most everyone seems to be saying good to great things about the current iPhone X... and the stock price has gone orbital.
    Monk: I want to go like my Dad did Ė peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJD: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism, it's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Not Banned
    one of the other bike dads from my daughters club/team has one.
    It looked nice. The facial recognition was cool

I won't own one

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Apple replaced my 6S last mos. right at the end of the 2 year AppleCare warranty, for a bad battery. I could see they didnít want to, but did the right thing and came thru. Thus Iím sticking with this phone,, I think the payout period for VZW is nearly over, I like the phone, nice size, works fine. No reason to trade to a 7 or 8 or 10. The Google Pixel intrigued me though...
    Last edited by Steve B.; 1 Week Ago at 05:45 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    whether you pay up front or on a zero interest loan it is still $1000

may not be for you, but most people I see at work on their breaks are watching television
    A HR Monitor is 1/5 the cost. A good online coach can be had for under $80 a month depending on your needs.
    A $12K bike is almost equally ridiculous. I will own neither
    Enjoy it, I am not against it, I just find the numbers absurd
    Yeah, its a $1000 no matter what. Well more as I have the 256GB version.
    Have HRM and use my Phone as one.
    I am a Coach/PT Trainer anyways
    Have a decent bike for now.
    Jeep drains my bank account.

Yeah, love my tech and phones. Its my crack. Like I told the wife, iPhone, Jeep parts and bikes better than, strippers, and drugs, LOL.
    DIRT BOY

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nooky View Post
    stop, he's trying to justify his buying of the phone, when in fact no one cares what he spends his money on i have yet to ever buy an apple product, don't think the x will be my first either.
    this^^^^^^^^ = win

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    I've been impressed with mine so far. Face ID works so seamlessly you barely even realize it's there. Much better than touch ID, which only worked about 80% of the time for me.

Camera is seriously impressive compared to my 6s- especially in low light. I'm sure a DSLR could give better results, but this is by far the best camera I've ever owned.

Screen is fine- I don't find it any nicer than the LCD version. I'm not sure OLED is really much of a game changer on a phone.

Biggest complaints are a few software glitches in legacy apps, but I imagine that will sort itself in time. It's also a bit bigger and heavier than my 6s was, which is slightly annoying.
    Experiment time.... Have your wife, kids, GF, weirdo friend who watches you while you sleep... place the phone in front of your face while you are sleeping.. I know apple says it is not supposed to work.. but I bet it does...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast