Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Any way to cut/short out my upstairs neighbors's's power?

Not that I'd ever want to do something like that, of course. Just out of curiosity. Like hypothetically, if they were playing super loud super annoying techno music for the past hour and I wanted to make them stop w/o having to talk to them... what could I do?
    Whoever is running her foot up my leg, I love you.

New Tour de Cure support link thing!! HERE!

RoadBikeReview Member

FNG
    Excessive Multi Posting? I fail to see how newsgroups would help the problem

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdork
    Yeahbut... I don't wanna mess w/ my other neighbors's's power... or mine.

I live near Igloo's
    are you in a apartment? or a house?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisteur
    Good call. Mistresses are ten a penny, but a nagging, boat anchor of a wife is hard to find.

Ricardo Cabeza
    a well placed shotgun blast up through the wall should be able to knock out the outlet into which the stereo is plugged
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    If you have access to the circuit breaker box......start flipping breakers to the off position....

the fist
    I could tell you a story I heard about removing all remotes and speaker wire from an offending neighbor's apartment...
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja #2
    are you in a apartment? or a house?
    Apartment. They're directly above me. Am I correct in assuming that the power for all three levels would be routed through the same wall? Like if I remove my fuse box, and start yanking on stuff that looks important... would the noise stop?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry
    I could tell you a story I heard about removing all remotes and speaker wire from an offending neighbor's apartment...
    mwpdx is interested in this.

Purely for educational purposes, obviously.

the fist
    Quote Originally Posted by MWPDX
    mwpdx is interested in this.

Purely for educational purposes, obviously.
    of course, of course.

as i heard it all phone calling devices and offending music "storage for on demand listening" delivery plates were removed,as well, after front door functionality was left disabled by property occupiers.

apartment wide peace was heralded by all dwellers. As it was stated to me the overly sharing music lovers left shortly thereafter.

My friends have told me many other stories, including one about too loud teevee's.

I have known some interesting people.
    FlexiSexual

I live near Igloo's
    Apartment. They're directly above me. Am I correct in assuming that the power for all three levels would be routed through the same wall? Like if I remove my fuse box, and start yanking on stuff that looks important... would the noise stop?
    Removing your fusebox aka panel isn't really possible without distruction and you dont want to start cutting cables in the wall. Would probably only cut a live cable once, after that you'd think twice.

Your S.O.L. But meeting him in the hallway and having a discussion might be the right way!
    If that doesn't work cut valve stems off is car/truck flush with the rim....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisteur
    Good call. Mistresses are ten a penny, but a nagging, boat anchor of a wife is hard to find.

half-fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja #2
    ... Would probably only cut a live cable once, after that you'd think twice.

One can, in theory, cut cables one conductor at a time. It's when you cut across two conductors that you wish you hadn't done it. Don't, though. You might hafta change your name to mwbbq.

If you have access to the fuse box or breaker panel, then he will too, and your problems will escalate in a big hurry.

And you should never use one of these, because that wouldn't be nice.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...66&marketID=34
    Attached Images Attached Images  

still shedding season
    This may be a good application for the classic pee disc.

Theoretically, of course.

cheers
    Personally, I would just duct-tape my own speakers to the ceiling (aimed upwards) and blast ABBA or Conway Twitty or some other annoying sh*t at peak volume.

In fact, it might even be fun to try n' figure out what genre of music he hates most.

If you have a reasonably powerful sound system, he should take the hint. Subwoofers FTW, btw.
    Monkhouse: I want to die like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep... not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SystemShock: I kicked Lance in the nuts. Err, nut.

Platypius:
    I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

AM999: Romney 320 Electoral votes, Obama 218. Colorado profs' [prediction] model, 100% accurate since 1980.

Seamus: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day,it blew my teenage mind

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Many apartment buildings that meter electric usage for each individual unit keep the meters in the laundry or storage room areas. If that's the case, you should be able to easily find and flip the main breaker that *should* be on the unit.

This is exactly what I used to do back when I lived in an apartment.

supervillain

Still On Steel
    Despite your reservations about talking to them, that's your best option. Knock on your neighbor's door and politely explain that his loud music is bothering you. If that doesn't work, grab your pedal wrench and go back up there and explain it a little differently.
    Allez Rouge

RoadBikeReview Member

the noise would stop........but then most likely your heart would as well once u touch the live wires

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock
    Personally, I would just duct-tape my own speakers to the ceiling (aimed upwards) and blast ABBA or Conway Twitty or some other annoying sh*t at peak volume.

In fact, it might even be fun to try n' figure out what genre of music he hates most.

If you have a reasonably powerful sound system, he should take the hint. Subwoofers FTW, btw.

you could always blast hanson or the spice girls........that'll get them to scream for mercy in no time

No hero that's understood
    Or you could try something less passive aggressive like actually sucking it up and go talk to them. If after you've given it your best shot, they continue to make too much noise, call the landlord. If this doesn't work, move.
    Often wrong, never in doubt

Ethical Nihilist
    A friend of mine had a noisy neighbor. One day my friend put on a CD of the Soviet Men's Chorus on max volume, continuous play, and went on vacation for a week. Problem solved.
    Work?! -- Maynard G. Krebs

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    I have a couple of yahoos living in the apartment below me who get a little loud once in a while. Dribbling a basketball around early the next morning delivers a message of my displeasure pretty well .

Mehpic
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry

i know i liked you for a reason. this is better than putting a ball bearing in the top tube of a friend's bike.
    catzilla: I wish we were all a little more invincible.

The NEGU Foundation: Caring for Courageous Kids http://www.thenegufoundation.org/

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by macalu
    A friend of mine had a noisy neighbor. One day my friend put on a CD of the Soviet Men's Chorus on max volume, continuous play, and went on vacation for a week. Problem solved.
    macalu FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

What did you say? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB

This is exactly what I used to do back when I lived in an apartment.
    Why am I not surprised?
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast