Mostly Absent

Anyone feed Fido Innova brand dog food?

I went to our local pet store to get my Fido his Nutro senior diet (he's 8) and they were out until the shipment tomorrow. The owner gave me 2 small bags of Innova Evo. I've never seen my boy scarf down his food so fast. Normally, he's a grazer. He polished off the bowl in one sitting in 8-10 minutes. Its a South Beach friendly lo-carb, grain free dog food. ;-)

That should be enough for me to switch, but I wanted to see who else used it and whether its a good product.

Mostly Absent
    ?????

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    I feed Nutro and my dog scarfs it down....like less than a minute. Of course he did that with every food we tried before that too but still....

I've got essentially no advice for you, just wanted to share :-)
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

Call me a Fred
    My dogs love raw chicken thighs. No grain in them either.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Misfit Toy
    You're the second person in as many days that has brought up Innova. A friend switched her cat to it, a normally picky eater, he scarfed it down. It was recommended by her vet as they suspect the cat has a gluten allergy.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

You're Not the Boss of Me
    It gets GREAT reviews but is not available locally here so I can't speak from personal experience. I do favor holistic dog foods of which Innova is supposed to be an awesome one. The only way I could get it is online, with an extra $20 per bag shipping, which is obviously cost prohibitive. Go for it.

For now, I tend to rotate between Canidae and Solid Gold's Wolf King, both great foods that I can actually buy in this town (though not cheaply).
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee
    It gets GREAT reviews but is not available locally here so I can't speak from personal experience. I do favor holistic dog foods of which Innova is supposed to be an awesome one. The only way I could get it is online, with an extra $20 per bag shipping, which is obviously cost prohibitive. Go for it.

For now, I tend to rotate between Canidae and Solid Gold's Wolf King, both great foods that I can actually buy in this town (though not cheaply).
    What makes it holistic? I don't understand what that term is supposed to mean, except as a code word for "pseudo-scientific, romantic snake oil for hippies." I'm guessing that's not what's going on here if the pets like it too, so what's that supposed to mean?
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

You're Not the Boss of Me
    I'm not the whiz on all that, though I do take guidance from Whole Dog Journal. I know it doesn't have any mystery additives, so it is really all just dehydrated meat and veggies. Most of the "holistic" foods (maybe I should put that in quotes) are resultingly lower carbohydrate, more protein and fiber.

I'm no whiz or preacher on it, but I can say that I have trimmer dogs, with better coats and more regular digestive... uhhh.... output ... after going with so-called holistic dog foods.

You know, 15 years ago Science Diet and other "veterinary quality" foods claimed the high road. I think the advancement just keeps moving.
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    I'm not the whiz on all that, though I do take guidance from Whole Dog Journal. I know it doesn't have any mystery additives, so it is really all just dehydrated meat and veggies. Most of the "holistic" foods (maybe I should put that in quotes) are resultingly lower carbohydrate, more protein and fiber.

I'm no whiz or preacher on it, but I can say that I have trimmer dogs, with better coats and more regular digestive... uhhh.... output ... after going with so-called holistic dog foods.

You know, 15 years ago Science Diet and other "veterinary quality" foods claimed the high road. I think the advancement just keeps moving.
    That's what I was looking for. Seems like in this case the "holistic" tag is there to sweeten the deal for hippies when it's probably better for your dog either way.

Can you tell I really resent the New Age-friendly lexicon of "whole-this" and "whole-that" and all that other meaningless claptrap that serves better to obscure things and heighten superstition than to clarify and enlighten?
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

Mostly Absent

No go on the Innova. 2 days of sample packets and he's begging to go out every hour or so. I'm running low on Febreze, Lysol and Oust trying to kill the retchid, fetid stench emanating from his bunghole.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    No go on the Innova. 2 days of sample packets and he's begging to go out every hour or so. I'm running low on Febreze, Lysol and Oust trying to kill the retchid, fetid stench emanating from his bunghole.
    Reason being, his diet has changed. It will eventually taper off.

Call me a Fred
    Yea, but what is he saying about you?
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Mostly Absent
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker
    Yea, but what is he saying about you?
    He's a dog. they LIKE the smell of arse, remember?

here comes trouble
    He's a dog. they LIKE the smell of arse, remember?
    How do you know? When was the last time you were a dog?
    Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit. -Bernard Williams

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    I find Old Mother Hubbard's wellness to be very good food. My dog loves it!

http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/wellness/dog_index.html

Misfit Toy
    Chloe gets Old Mother Hubbard's Gimme a Kiss biscuits - sometimes she gets Couch Potato too.

http://www.omhpet.com/omh/products_s..._biscuits.html
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Mostly Absent
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    Chloe gets Old Mother Hubbard's Gimme a Kiss biscuits - sometimes she gets Couch Potato too.

http://www.omhpet.com/omh/products_s..._biscuits.html
    He gets the P-Nut Butter treats or the Chik and Cheddar.