RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

anyone here a fan of American Chopper?

I never could tell if these 2 guys were acting or not, most of the time the old guy was a asshat.
    But I'll bet they got rich from the show. Poor Vinny and Cody.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I always felt bad for the youngest brother, Mikey or whatever his name was. He was such a carefree dude, and the other two were temperamental, volatile jerkbags. I wasn't an avid viewer of the show, but I was an avid viewer of Discovery (I think that's what channel it was on) and wouldn't turn it off if it came on. Oh, and I had the videogame. The game wasn't actually half bad...
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

a real member's member
    'wheeler dealers' is my show.

edd china is a total badass.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

biding my time
    I think it was an okay show at first, but then it jumped the shark when they did that whole season of 'its WAR!' between Dad and Junior. Very unconvincing and silly.

I stopped watching after that.

Oh, and the Dad is pretty awful. My guess is he's done plenty of jail time.

30 mpdb
    I remember it being pretty interesting the first few times I watched. Then every episode after that, it felt like the same old rehash on a different project. Have a design sesh, something's wrong in fab, omg hey there's a deadline we're gonna miss, Pauls argue, little bro has a ham-it-up-session, bike finishes just in time.

What the what???
    I enjoyed the show early on mostly for the bikes they made. I had a feeling the “drama” was real because no writer could get away with dialogue that awful.

After a while, though, even the builds became formulaic. With the machinery they had and the parts they farmed out, bike production got to be like kids playing with legos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Every single one of those "mechanic dramas" is bogus. If you can't see that, then you watch too d@mn much TV.
    I'm upping my standards;
    Up yours!

Ricardo Cabeza
    The show was pretty cool. Sad they got away from covering the actual builds to spend more time on the drama.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Darling of The Lounge
    Just imagine the level of even greater creativity that would have been achieved if there were no cameras, desire of fame and egos interfering.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Never found father-son conflictodrama nor ape-bar motorcycles interesting. I am however fond of purpose-built bikes capable of doubling the "slow to 35 mph" turn sign speeds.

photo 20170627_174240.jpg
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Every single one of those "mechanic dramas" is bogus. If you can't see that, then you watch too d@mn much TV.
    I'll be darned. I never did figure out how to "rep" someone. I may need to do that.

The same thing should be said of all the "Yukon Gold" and other "mining/drilling" shows. There's a mine regulator from AK that I've had occasion to talk to at a couple conferences. It's a real nightmare for the various regulatory agencies involved to oversee and recoup fees from those guys because most of their income comes from the TV channel with almost none coming from the "mine".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Never found father-son conflictodrama nor ape-bar motorcycles interesting. I am however fond of purpose-built bikes capable of doubling the "slow to 35 mph" turn sign speeds.

photo 20170627_174240.jpg
    Nice bike. Love them Ducatis.

I bought my first motorcycle from a lady whose hubby raced Ducatis. He showed me his current one, what a beauty.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I watched the show a bit when it first came out, but after seeing some of their bikes in person and understanding that all they were doing was ordering a bunch of parts out of various catalogs and assembling them half assed, I really got turned off. The only thing they did I couldn't do myself were the custom made gas tanks and seats. Maybe in the later seasons they started building their own frames and doing more serious fabrication work, but I had quit watching by then.

On a side note, early on when they first started getting big, a friend got to hang out with Junior and Mikey at a bar in New Orleans for a bit and said they were really cool and down to Earth w/o any ego.