Get me to In&Out

Anyone interested in a Cervelo S5 with Di2?

I have a few I am trying to unload...I mean sell. Seriously though, where do these theives think they will sell the bikes or even part them out that Interpol won't be knocking on their door.

Garmin-Sharp Bikes Stolen At Tour De Med | Cyclingnews.com
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010

Lax and lazy security

This happens at least once a year to some Euro team.

No car alarms? No motion sensors? Garmin DESERVES it if they are that stupid.

I can't believe they don't have a security guy in the truck overnight. I've spent the night in a truck a few times when we shipped uber-valuable stuff.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    No car alarms? No motion sensors? Garmin DESERVES it if they are that stupid.
    No they don't. Nobody deserves to have their stuff stolen. What they deserve is the ability to take their eyes off their stuff for 15 seconds without some low-life gutter turd strolling off with it. But that's not the world we live in so I understand your point.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

RoadBikeReview Member
    They'll sometimes park and back them tight up against a building, bus, or soigneur truck to help.

Dr. Buzz Killington
    I hope Cervelo owners are ready to pay even more for these bikes to help cover the loss.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    I have a few I am trying to unload...I mean sell. Seriously though, where do these theives think they will sell the bikes or even part them out that Interpol won't be knocking on their door.

Garmin-Sharp Bikes Stolen At Tour De Med | Cyclingnews.com
    They will probably part it out. Even if they threw away the frames, they still profit since they invested nothing but their lack of integrity.
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    OP's joke would have been remotely funny had he read the article more closely.

R5's were stolen....not S5's

Get me to In&Out
    Touche, my typing sucks while on an iphone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    Nobody deserves to have their stuff stolen.
    I had my dream car stolen a few years ago, maybe I'm too cynical now.
    You have to deal with the situation as it is, not as you would like it to be.
    Everyone knows that trucks routinely get broken into.
    Given that they are aware of the risk, and their lack of common sense preventive measures, I feel they are irresponsible. If they have insurance their provider will be tearing them a new one right now.

Slightly Opinionated
    I had my dream car stolen a few years ago, maybe I'm too cynical now.
    You have to deal with the situation as it is, not as you would like it to be.
    Everyone knows that trucks routinely get broken into.
    Given that they are aware of the risk, and their lack of common sense preventive measures, I feel they are irresponsible. If they have insurance their provider will be tearing them a new one right now.
    How did they have a lack of common sense? They parked a team car against the back of the truck to block it up so they couldn't get in. That's standard practice for most teams. Supposedly they moved the team car. No mention of an alarm or anything else, but who knows.

Nobody deserves to have their gear stolen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    How could someone pick up and move a team car to access the truck without anyone noticing?
    How long did it take to empty the truck and load the loot into a getaway vehicle?
    Nobody noticed? No alarm went off? Nobody checked the truck every fifteen minutes? Nobody slept in the truck to guard it? No cameras at the hotel saw anything?

There are plenty of common sense measures that would have prevented this. Obviously Garmin neglected them.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    There are plenty of common sense measures that would have prevented this. Obviously Garmin neglected them.
    I'm not arguing against that. I was just arguing against the idea that failing to do those things means a person deserves to have their stuff stolen. They don't deserve it. They may have earned it by not being as diligent as they should what with thieves being the opportunistic rat droppings they are... but they didn't deserve it. Nobody does.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

Slightly Opinionated
    How could someone pick up and move a team car to access the truck without anyone noticing?
    How long did it take to empty the truck and load the loot into a getaway vehicle?
    Nobody noticed? No alarm went off? Nobody checked the truck every fifteen minutes? Nobody slept in the truck to guard it? No cameras at the hotel saw anything?

Right, so now everything has to be an armed fortress?

What Garmin did is what teams have done for years and years (as I understand it.) Why would they specifically have to arm guards to stand next to a truck?

I guess by your thinking, everyone who doesn't have 3 deadbolts on their door and a home security system deserves to have their home robbed...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

Too slow to be smart
    Sep 2012
    This happened to a bike shop in Va Beach the other day. They had a Bianchi stolen. One person walked in and distracted the owner while a girl held the door open for the third person to walk out with the bike.
    ”Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong” - Unknown

Get me to In&Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Used2Run View Post
    This happened to a bike shop in Va Beach the other day. They had a Bianchi stolen. One person walked in and distracted the owner while a girl held the door open for the third person to walk out with the bike.
    This bike was stolen in Sacramento at the Tour of California. Pretty high profile at the time. Lance got it back BTW.

Name:  TK_200902_TTX_1274alt.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  17.3 KB

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teoteoteo View Post
    They'll sometimes park and back them tight up against a building, bus, or soigneur truck to help.
    they did. stuff still got stolen.
    Not banned yet.