Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shirtcocker

Anyone rushing out to get the Thunderbolt today?

Kinda pricey at $250 with 2 yr contract. Is it really all that? Sounds like 3g will still be used for calls--4G is data only. And not liking that VZ is hinting they will soon be doing capped data plans. Kinda sounds like a HTC version of the Droid X that can be used on the LTE network.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-...ilable-289934/
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Just Plain Bitter
    Can't say that I am....
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by rward325
    Can't say that I am....
    HTC and Motorola really don't have the same kind of rabid fanbois, do they?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Just Plain Bitter
    I know some pretty rabid HTC fans. If I didn't already drink the Apple Kool-Aid I would have probably ended up down this road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

Born from Jorts®
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    HTC and Motorola really don't have the same kind of rabid fanbois, do they?
    will there be lines outside all of the new Windows® stores?

wait.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    will there be lines outside all of the new Windows® stores?

wait.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone rushing out to get the Thunderbolt today?-mf.jpg  

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    I had been semi-lusting over that phone for a while. All the little sneak peeks and what not were making me very interested in it. But I have one very specific requirement for a phone, which is that is must fit in a particular pocket for my work pants.

After trying to find out how large the darn Thunderbolt was going to be for ages, I finally bit the bullet and got an Incredible. Last week

Its ok though, I think the Thunderbolt wouldn't fit into the pocket. Still.....
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRider
    I had been semi-lusting over that phone for a while. All the little sneak peeks and what not were making me very interested in it. But I have one very specific requirement for a phone, which is that is must fit in a particular pocket for my work pants.

After trying to find out how large the darn Thunderbolt was going to be for ages, I finally bit the bullet and got an Incredible. Last week

Its ok though, I think the Thunderbolt wouldn't fit into the pocket. Still.....
    Depends on your pockets. I have the Droid X which is about the same size as the Thunderbolt. It fits into a pocket, but without much room to spare. I generally carry it in a coat pocket or my messenger bag.

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    Depends on your pockets. I have the Droid X which is about the same size as the Thunderbolt. It fits into a pocket, but without much room to spare. I generally carry it in a coat pocket or my messenger bag.
    Its gotta fit in the side pocket of a pair of Carhartt work pants. The Incredible fits perfect, the Thunderbolt would have stuck out a few cm...maybe a half inch. Not a risk I was willing to take.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

Shirtcocker
    gee 8 replies to this thread on the day the phone is released. HTC and Verizon really screwed the pooch on the marketing launch of this thing.

RIP Funny Penguin
    gee 8 replies to this thread on the day the phone is released. HTC and Verizon really screwed the pooch on the marketing launch of this thing.

And 50% of those are yours.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Genitive Declensioner
    they were too busy with DeezNutz in their mouf....
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    And 50% of those are yours.
    marketing fail

Beetpull DeLite
    You mean this? It came out a while back.

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    You mean this? It came out a while back.

Funny but that was the first thing I thought.

I figured Ford was selling a retro car called the thunderbolt.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

jmx
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    I think it's because its a phone. Why everybody is so obsessed with their phones, I have no idea. I'm a pretty geeky tech nerd, have 4-5 PCs, have a recent phone (android 2.2), graphics programmer for 15 years, own every modern video game console, build my own hardware, do microcontroller programming, write phone video games, yadda yadda yadda and I still have yet to get excited when a NEW PHONE OMG!@#$ is coming out.

Why do random schmucks care so much about phones? I just dont get it. Is it so their facebooks are higher rez?

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by jmx
    I think it's because its a phone. Why everybody is so obsessed with their phones, I have no idea. I'm a pretty geeky tech nerd, have 4-5 PCs, have a recent phone (android 2.2), graphics programmer for 15 years, own every modern video game console, build my own hardware, do microcontroller programming, write phone video games, yadda yadda yadda and I still have yet to get excited when a NEW PHONE OMG!@#$ is coming out.

Why do random schmucks care so much about phones? I just dont get it. Is it so their facebooks are higher rez?
    yeah pretty much...4G speed would make using a web browser nicer though--that's assuming you're in the area that actually gets the 4G. Suppose it would be better for people that use them as hotspots also.

As far as being a phone...I think I use my Droid X as a phone about 10% of the time--the rest is used for email, texting, photos, news, entertainment.

AM999's Liberal Facist
    Get back to me when I can buy an Android device with a N or G wireless card in it-that does not require a data plan that I do not want or need.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

Genitive Declensioner
    yeah pretty much...4G speed would make using a web browser nicer though--that's assuming you're in the area that actually gets the 4G. Suppose it would be better for people that use them as hotspots also.

As far as being a phone...I think I use my Droid X as a phone about 10% of the time--the rest is used for email, texting, photos, news, entertainment.
    what your saying then is that 4G = a better adult themed movie watching platform
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by svend
    what your saying then is that 4G = a better adult themed movie watching platform

jmx
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Well, sure, but every phone I've had since 2005 has had a web browser, text, camera, and storage for music. Granted, things have progressed quite a bit, but I haven't really gained *that* much in terms of core functionality. Certainly not enough to be excited when a phone upgrades from 2.2 to 2.3 or iphone 9 comes out.

The people lining up for iphones totally blows my mind every time I see it. I'm not even sure that half the people know why they want it other than its new, and its apple.

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by jmx
    Well, sure, but every phone I've had since 2005 has had a web browser, text, camera, and storage for music. ....
    so does my 8 year old Palm Treo
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Nah I don't drink that stuff

Used to drink Night Train Express, a fine peary wine at $1.85 a bottle. Wait, did you say Thunderbird?

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    so does my 8 year old Palm Treo
    Damn, you are in love with that thing.

Still On Steel
    Damn, you are in love with that thing.
    'coz there's lots to love. I'd still be using mine if I hadn't dropped it and broken it, necessitating a replacement with a Centro, which compared to the Treo is a total POS.

Mine would only be about four years old, though.
    Allez Rouge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast