Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ApacoEclipse

RoadBikeReview Member
    You are so lucky. My SIL was geeking out over it almost as much as I did, had I known I'd have driven down south and then talked her into going another 5hrs for totality.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    That was an incredible experience. While we were at elevation, there was a fair amount of cloud cover but it was still a lifetime experience.

The fake news (that is not a POTUS endorsement!) was expecting astounding numbers of people. We took back roads to our point to start riding bikes, and traffic was not an issue. Evidently the small towns near the interstate had only 10% of their expected crowds.

The 16 mile climb to get to the bald was rather painful. I walked and pushed my bike (and gear) probably half a mile. 8 out of 9 of our group made it all the way up, and I got there only shortly before the partial eclipse started (an hour before totality started). One of us had a Bluetooth player, and we cued up Dark Side of the Moon at about 42 minutes before totality. We were about two minutes too early to have the last song play during totality.

I am definitely considering traveling for the 2024 eclipse since it won't come in my backyard.

Frog Whisperer
    Well done ogre!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123