Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,896

    Attention dog owners: pick up your mutt's dam dung!

    alright, i know it's not friday yet, but I feel like I need to let this out.
    So sick and tired of having the sidewalk areas infront of my house being used by a couple dog owners! One of them is a gawddam fat lady with 3-4 little critters. One is by another old lady who looks like an ugly prune. And they tend to walk their dogs when I'm at work, I only know it's them because my mom would tell me when she is staying over at my place.

    I have tried to be nice, like put up a sign to nicely ask dog walkers to walk their dog at the community park across the street (which is literally 10 stes across the street!). Yet the sign was vandalized.

    And get this, one time I had to scoop a shiatload of dungs up so that my guests that day (they park on the street in front of the house) would not step on them. Guess what, when I went to dump these piles of dung in the trash bin at the community park, that old ugly prune had the nerve to tell that "You're not supposed to do that". She said I should have used my house trash bin. I told her I do anything I damn please if I'm cleaning up her f8ckin' mess!

    I'm really considering buying some rat poison or some chemicals and spraying on the grass so if their dogs some by, it'll make them sneeze or itch or have cancer, or whatever I don't give a dam. I'm also considering flingling a bag of dung onto their front porch and let's see how they feel.

  2. #2
    You Phillip mah census
    Reputation: sir duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,460
    Dawgs, 'those indefatigable machines of pollution'..

    Play nice, deal with the owners, don't harm the mutts, they do what they do because they are dawgs. Go with the bag of dung first, hell, why not crap in their handbags? That should make them sit up and take notice.
    There ain't no sanity clause... (Chico Marx)

    I accidentally..a burrito. (Old Fuji)

    Norman Wisdom, Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee, good times... (Phil Oakey)

  3. #3
    corning my own beef
    Reputation: JustTooBig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,633
    I'm a dog owner and always conscious of cleaning up after them when we're out walking.

    I had a neighbor who never cleaned up after his, he would generally just let his dog loose to go take a dump (it may have been in any of three or four neighbors' yards). I talked to him and nothing improved, so I picked up the next mess in a ziploc bag, rang their doorbell, and said, "this is yours, your dog seems to have dropped it", and dropped it -- still in the bag -- on their front step. It happened again a couple weeks later, so this time I left it on their front step again, without the bag. It hasn't happened since.

    Punishing the animal for the negligence of the owner is a pretty chicken-schitt thing to do.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

    ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA


    A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    66
    Agree - leave the dogs alone as it is the owners you have a problem with. Trying to harm them is not cool.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    I'm really considering buying some rat poison or some chemicals and spraying on the grass so if their dogs some by, it'll make them sneeze or itch or have cancer, or whatever I don't give a dam. I'm also considering flingling a bag of dung onto their front porch and let's see how they feel.
    Wow- You sound terrible. Would your view of the situation be different if the owners were good looking women/men?

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
    Wow- You sound terrible. Would your view of the situation be different if the owners were good looking women/men?
    NOPE! Don't give a dam if ower was some "hot chick" either.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by sir duke View Post
    Dawgs, 'those indefatigable machines of pollution'..

    Play nice, deal with the owners, don't harm the mutts, they do what they do because they are dawgs. Go with the bag of dung first, hell, why not crap in their handbags? That should make them sit up and take notice.

    Agreed. Those dogs didn't do anything wrong. I need to focus on the owners!

  8. #8
    half-fast
    Reputation: 10ae1203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    Agreed. Those dogs didn't do anything wrong. I need to focus on the owners!
    Yeah, don't be making statements like the other one. Dogs gonna poop.

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: E.J.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    I had a neighbor who never cleaned up after his, he would generally just let his dog loose to go take a dump (it may have been in any of three or four neighbors' yards). I talked to him and nothing improved, so I picked up the next mess in a ziploc bag, rang their doorbell, and said, "this is yours, your dog seems to have dropped it", and dropped it -- still in the bag -- on their front step. It happened again a couple weeks later, so this time I left it on their front step again, without the bag. It hasn't happened since.

    Punishing the animal for the negligence of the owner is a pretty chicken-schitt thing to do.
    ...and there is your answer!

    /end thread

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: E.J.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    619
    Then again, I guess you didn't ask a question...just vented.

    I have this problem on occasion and know the offending person(it is the guy across the street). Though I admittedly get fired up when I find a new deposit and consider flinging it across the street via shovel or leaving on his doorstep....I just scoop it and put it in the trash, along with what my 2 dogs produce. It takes me very little time and really isn't worth the aggravation or "issue" with the fossil anyway....

  11. #11
    Master debator.
    Reputation: nOOky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,251
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    I'm a dog owner and always conscious of cleaning up after them when we're out walking.

    I had a neighbor who never cleaned up after his, he would generally just let his dog loose to go take a dump (it may have been in any of three or four neighbors' yards). I talked to him and nothing improved, so I picked up the next mess in a ziploc bag, rang their doorbell, and said, "this is yours, your dog seems to have dropped it", and dropped it -- still in the bag -- on their front step. It happened again a couple weeks later, so this time I left it on their front step again, without the bag. It hasn't happened since.

    Punishing the animal for the negligence of the owner is a pretty chicken-schitt thing to do.
    This is correct, unless the people are incorrigible. Then you take their dog poop and smear it under the door handles of their car, and smash it into the air intake bents by the windshield. Also place a fake video camera right on the front of your house and tell them you got them on video in case they get rowdy.

    SecurityMan SM-3601S Dummy Camera with LED - Walmart.com
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    alright, i know it's not friday yet, but I feel like I need to let this out.
    So sick and tired of having the sidewalk areas infront of my house being used by a couple dog owners! One of them is a gawddam fat lady with 3-4 little critters. One is by another old lady who looks like an ugly prune. And they tend to walk their dogs when I'm at work, I only know it's them because my mom would tell me when she is staying over at my place.

    I have tried to be nice, like put up a sign to nicely ask dog walkers to walk their dog at the community park across the street (which is literally 10 stes across the street!). Yet the sign was vandalized.

    And get this, one time I had to scoop a shiatload of dungs up so that my guests that day (they park on the street in front of the house) would not step on them. Guess what, when I went to dump these piles of dung in the trash bin at the community park, that old ugly prune had the nerve to tell that "You're not supposed to do that". She said I should have used my house trash bin. I told her I do anything I damn please if I'm cleaning up her f8ckin' mess!

    I'm really considering buying some rat poison or some chemicals and spraying on the grass so if their dogs some by, it'll make them sneeze or itch or have cancer, or whatever I don't give a dam. I'm also considering flingling a bag of dung onto their front porch and let's see how they feel.
    Sounds to me like you need to work on the microherd in your lawn. They eat pieces of $h!t like that for breakfast!

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ae1203 View Post
    Yeah, don't be making statements like the other one. Dogs gonna poop.
    Yep, it's natural. The owners must control their poo though....

  14. #14
    mtnroadie
    Reputation: mtnroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    884

    Ill try to be as nice as I can….

    Yes dog dooky sucks, especially if your not a dog owner. I almost never pick up after my dog but that s because we walk in the woods, if in a field or public area sure… if I have a baggy.

    The truth of it is doog poop is a part of life…deal with it. There are effective ways of dealing with it, most effective being polite - overly polite a.k.a SHAME. I have confronted numerous people who tell me to pick up my dog poop. Basically if your not going to give me a ticket SHTFU! If your nice about it like offering them a baggie you will succeed.

    That’s actually a pretty good idea, invest a few bucks in some poop bags put them on your lawn on a stick or whatever. People will get the message. If you really want to get into it: Find out where they live and place the bag of poopies in their mailbox, with a lovely note saying you felt so bad they left something behind and you felt it was your duty to return it (make sure it sitting on their favorite magazine). Guaranteed no more poop on your lawn or anyone else’s!

    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    I'm really considering buying some rat poison or some chemicals and spraying on the grass so if their dogs some by, it'll make them sneeze or itch or have cancer, or whatever I don't give a dam. I'm also considering flingling a bag of dung onto their front porch and let's see how they feel.
    This makes my blood boil, quite frankly I probably cant say what I would like to say without getting the boot. However let me assure you that you would be thoroughly f@$&ed if you did this to my dog.

    In Moscow there has been a recent epidemic of like minded degenerates poisoning wild street dogs with poisoned meat in the parks. While street dogs are indeed a nuisance and danger, good pets are dying as well. Those low life cowards who do get caught usually end up in body bags, or worse. So my friendly suggestion to you is rant about poop all you want, we all feel you pain. Just kindly SHTFU about poising our children. As the saying goes, Don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash, for an ACL injury will be the least of your worries.

    Toodaloo!

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    534
    By all means, return the offending poop to the porches or mailboxes of the pets' owners. You could also leave your own morning constitutional on their newspaper on their porch if necessary to further make the point. As mentioned above, if they are really dense, you can resort to smearing it on the house door latch and car door handles, etc. Just don't hold the dogs responsible for poor dog handling.

  16. #16
    Dr. Buzz Killington
    Reputation: SauronHimself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,758
    There's no need to poison the dogs. Be smart about this. First put up a new sign asking people not to let their dogs crap on the lawn with the following caveat: "HIDDEN VIDEO SURVEILLANCE IN ACTION". If that doesn't work, then stop bluffing and actually buy a camera to catch people in the act, and then you simply forward the videos to the police.

  17. #17
    half-fast
    Reputation: 10ae1203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland44 View Post
    Yep, it's natural. The owners must control their poo though....
    He was suggesting something I didn't care for. Mad or not, that's not how to handle a little poop.

  18. #18
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    36,738

    Re: Attention dog owners: pick up your mutt's dam dung!

    I pick up my dogs poop.... Even on my own property, and I live in the woods. I saw an old lady the other day, she picked her dogs poop up in a plastic bag and walked over and threw it, bag and all into the storm sewer!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

  19. #19
    half-fast
    Reputation: 10ae1203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,520
    that old gal sorta missed the point

  20. #20
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    36,738
    well she did pick it up from the neighbors lawn.......I was going to stop and explain to her that it will end up in the river, bag and all...but i was so taken by surprise, i was skeptical that I saw what i thought i saw ! If i see it again, i will stop and talk to her, maybe she doesn't know where it goes?
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

  21. #21
    You Phillip mah census
    Reputation: sir duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,460
    One thing the Japanese do right is picking up their doggy 'unco' (sh!t), unfortunately they totally neglect their cats. My neighborhood, like many, is inundated with strays, some of whom are pretty mangy, and yes, cats poop too and when they spray, well, hold your nose.
    There ain't no sanity clause... (Chico Marx)

    I accidentally..a burrito. (Old Fuji)

    Norman Wisdom, Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee, good times... (Phil Oakey)

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I pick up my dogs poop.... Even on my own property, and I live in the woods.
    My FIL teaches his dogs to poop in the woods instead of on his lawn. All of my dog's poop is gone from the yard within a few days time. And she only eats some of it!

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by shades9323 View Post
    My FIL teaches his dogs to poop in the woods instead of on his lawn. All of my dog's poop is gone from the yard within a few days time. And she only eats some of it!
    People should just pick up after their dogs. It is not that big a deal. I pick up unless the rules for a specific trail or park state that dog feces may be pushed off a trail. My dog does not yet run off leash in the woods.

    Regarding people leaving poop on your lawn, what can you do. A lot of people suck at lots of different things. When my dog goes on someone's lawn, I pick up and try no to leave anything behind (sometimes this cannot be helped). Dogs do need to go somewhere - try to clean up the best you can.

  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: WaynefromOrlando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    793
    Could be worse.

    My wife and I visited my daughter and her husband last night and they were laughing it up in private as we walked back from dinner. My daughter said "Check this out" and called the elevator down to the ground floor. When the door opened, a turd patty from a medium size dog was on the floor right in front of the floor selector panel. Needless to say, we took the elevator.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities. Voltaire

    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. Thomas Jefferson

  25. #25
    Impulse Athletic Coaching
    Reputation: iliveonnitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,878
    It's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's fault. Do this:

    Attention dog owners: pick up your mutt's dam dung!-billy-madison.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attention DT Swiss 240s Owners! (Washer)
    By scoobydrew in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 10:13 AM
  2. Attention Infinito 59cm Owners
    By Har in forum Bianchi
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 07:55 AM
  3. Attention: Pinarello Prince Carbon owners
    By KennyG in forum Pinarello
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 09:45 AM
  4. Attention 595 Owners
    By locomotive1 in forum Look
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM
  5. Attention al Roubaix owners
    By iamgonnacatchyou in forum Specialized
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Deals

Contest

Tour De France

Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook