Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Frog Whisperer

Badge of Courage/Team Collin

In 2009, while young Collin was struggling with his illness and the treatments, I started a project to honor both him and those working to try to help his family through the ordeal. I called it the Badge of Courage project.

Badge of Courage Project

I carved and cast the first batch then decided that the casting was best left to those who do that exclusively. I may however, have been wrong. These badges are all cast in sterling silver and weigh approximately 2/3 of an ounce. As a fundraiser for the 24 Hour of Booty in Indianapolis this June, I decided to have 2 more pieces cast and auction them off to raise proceeds for team Collin.

Unfortunately, the company I had make the mold and cast the second set damaged the mold and cast two pieces that were essentially scrap metal. I managed to salvage one and hand -carve the Lounge logo onto the face. This is number nine of nine. the last one ever.

I considered making a head badge with it, but logistically, there are risks involved with bending it and head tubes vary in diameter and it would have to be custom fit to the bike it was to go on.

Therefore, it will be auctioned off as a key chain, which was the choice of most of the original recipients anyhow. I carry mine all the time, as do several others I know of for sure. It is a reminder of who we as Lounger’s are and what we do and care about and a tribute to a young man and his loving family, who btw, was sent, number one of nine.

So I present to you the final Badge of Courage to be auctioned off to the highest bidder with the reserve set at $100.

Since this is a fundraiser for the team, the payment will be in the form of a direct donation to the team member of your choice, it does not have to be me.

I request that the bidding be opened for 2 weeks. I have lost track of exactly how many people actually have these since there are a couple who have both a key chain and a head badge, but I also have a request that if you already have one, that you refrain from bidding to allow others the opportunity.

The key chain is a satin finish since silver is soft and it will be carried in a pocket most likely. The back is engraved with Team Collin.

I prefer to open the bidding after this weekend since it is a holiday and I will not be watching my computer very carefully.

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Badge of Courage/Team Collin-imgp4970.jpg   Badge of Courage/Team Collin-imgp4971.jpg  
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

corning my own beef
    just send it to me now...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Frog Whisperer

fwiw

THIS is what they look like after being hauled around in a pocket for 2 years
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Badge of Courage/Team Collin-imgp4975.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    TOG, you are the GREATEST.
    If you focus on the past, you will never see the future.

Every day I wake up is a good day!

"I don't need another bike"
    - Anonymous

Tactle-neck
    You spelled Lownge rong, moreon.

// That is the coolest keychain I've seen in a while.
    It's never about technique.

catzilla: Flatulence + Megaphone + Cat on Fire = Dubstep

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by onlineflyer View Post
    TOG, you are the GREATEST.
    :blush: .....none of this is about me however

Low rep power
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    just send it to me now...
    Sez you.
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

Honey Smack!
    time to take out a second mortgage on the house for this....
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

Spicy Dumpling
    Great Idea and I'm sure whoever wins will LOVE it.

Mine's wrapped around the head tube of my fixie..
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

Windrider (Stubborn)
    I need that!

len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Seat's not level
    My headbadge is on my main ride. It's an honor to have it with me every ride.

Since I'm out, all ya moreons better bid it up!
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

Frog Whisperer

Today's the day...

Bidding will open at 8:00 PM, (central) Wednesday, April 11. It will run until 8:00 PM, (central), Wednesday, April 25.

As stated in the initial announcement:

Badge of Courage/Team Collin
    In 2009, while young Collin was struggling with his illness and the treatments, I started a project to honor both him and those working to try to help his family through the ordeal. I called it the Badge of Courage project.

Badge of Courage Project

I carved and cast the first batch then decided that the casting was best left to those who do that exclusively. I may however, have been wrong. These badges are all cast in sterling silver and weigh approximately 2/3 of an ounce. As a fundraiser for the 24 Hour of Booty in Indianapolis this June, I decided to have 2 more pieces cast and auction them off to raise proceeds for team Collin.

Unfortunately, the company I had make the mold and cast the second set damaged the mold and cast two pieces that were essentially scrap metal. I managed to salvage one and hand -carve the Lounge logo onto the face. This is number nine of nine. the last one ever.

I considered making a head badge with it, but logistically, there are risks involved with bending it and head tubes vary in diameter and it would have to be custom fit to the bike it was to go on.

Therefore, it will be auctioned off as a key chain, which was the choice of most of the original recipients anyhow. I carry mine all the time, as do several others I know of for sure. It is a reminder of who we as Lounger’s are and what we do and care about and a tribute to a young man and his loving family, who btw, was sent, number one of nine.

So I present to you the final Badge of Courage to be auctioned off to the highest bidder with the reserve set at $100.

Since this is a fundraiser for the team, the payment will be in the form of a direct donation to the team member of your choice, it does not have to be me.

I request that the bidding be opened for 2 weeks. I have lost track of exactly how many people actually have these since there are a couple who have both a key chain and a head badge, but I also have a request that if you already have one, that you refrain from bidding to allow others the opportunity.

The key chain is a satin finish since silver is soft and it will be carried in a pocket most likely. The back is engraved with Team Collin.
    Now, complete with pretty blue velvety box!

Thanks....

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Badge of Courage/Team Collin-imgp4982.jpg  
    Last edited by Touch0Gray; 04-11-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Captain Obvious
    bump.
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

Frog Whisperer
    I think they're asleep Tom.......they'll see it in the morning...LOL

Honey Smack!
    I'll open it at $150

Frog Whisperer
    thank you sir..........

RoadBikeReview Member
    Come on folks, bid it up
    If you focus on the past, you will never see the future.

Every day I wake up is a good day!

"I don't need another bike"
    - Anonymous

corning my own beef
    I have Wed, April 25 marked on my calendar: "At 8:59pm (I live in the Eastern time zone), break the hearts of all the moreons who bid on the Team Collin key chain"

resistance is futile....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Stumpcake!
    Are we just bidding on here? If so, $200.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    I have Wed, April 25 marked on my calendar: "At 8:59pm (I live in the Eastern time zone), break the hearts of all the moreons who bid on the Team Collin key chain"

resistance is futile....
    Note to self....start denial of service attack on JTB's IP address at 8:55 pm 4/25/12!

I'll let JTB touch it after I win!
    Last edited by tconrady; 04-12-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem."

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady View Post
    Are we just bidding on here? If so, $200.

Edit:

Note to self....start denial of service attack on JTB's IP address at 8:55 pm 4/25/12!

thank you..... yes bidding is here....unless someone prefers NOT to go public, then I suppose you could PM me and i will post here as anonymous and the amount....

Frog Whisperer
    wait....."touch IT?" IT?.......um......uh......keep it clean kids, this is a family show!

No hero that's understood
    $250 from me.

Not only do I want it more than you moreons, I also need a key chain.
    Often wrong, never in doubt

Frog Whisperer
    the team thanks you.....

Honey Smack!
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady View Post

That's great and all, but what are you going to do with the keychain?

Diphthong
    why would a bunch of cyclists have car keys?
    I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of $hit, man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast