had it in the ear before

belated appalachian honeymoon planning

Boo and I didnt have the opportunity to take a honeymoon right after our spontaneous spurr of the moment wedding but we did reserve a cabin in Ellijay Ga for Thanksgiving weekend. Since the kids are camping/huntin all week w/ their dad in the Green Swamp we are calling it a 'honeymoon' of sorts. I75 will be swamped so i'm mapping out backroads to Andersonville, GA to have a good ole suthrn Thanksgiving dinner w/ Boo's folks, maybe we should put a rebel flag license tag on the VUE incase we get lost on a clay road? Then after dinner we are riding up to the stabbin' cabin in the mountains. Friday we are gonna get up early and shoot over to Cades Cove (my fav place on earth) and then back down thru Gatlinburg and Clingmans Dome, my wife wants to see snow for the first time in her life hopefully there's some on the mtn tops. Then back thru Franklin, NC to have dinner at the Sunset Diner, best coconut creme pie evar!

Saturday we're goin waterfall hunting (Anna Ruby, Tallulah, and Whitewater Falls) and maybe some shopping in Helen, GA and Highlands, NC. Hard to pack it all in one weekend! Probably not gonna get any riding in
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

Beetpull DeLite
    Post some pics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    Post some pics.
    Make sure lil' fiddle isn't hanging out this time, thanks.

Stumpcake!
    Gut, I was hoping to meet up with y'all on Friday or Sat. but I'm stuck at the office on Friday and Mrs Tcon wants us to go to NC to see her parents this weekend.

Perhaps next time? I'm only about 1.5 - 1.75 hrs. from Ellijay.
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem."

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    Gut, I was hoping to meet up with y'all on Friday or Sat. but I'm stuck at the office on Friday and Mrs Tcon wants us to go to NC to see her parents this weekend.

Perhaps next time? I'm only about 1.5 - 1.75 hrs. from Ellijay.
    yeah looks like i wont have time to do any riding anyway since we are meeting her family for turkey day it will be an abbreviated trip. I gotta spend all my time w/ my boobear since she is considering this our honeymoon so we're gonna do some short hikes out to waterfalls, we've been really looking forward to it! i'll be up that way on a bike trip another time and we can get together...
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    Post some pics.
    i'll poast some of my own once we get back. Wife isnt allowing the laptop on this trip so she doesnt have to share me w/ "bike-space" aka RBR lounge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails belated appalachian honeymoon planning-andersonville7.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by PlasticMotif
    Make sure lil' fiddle isn't hanging out this time, thanks.
    Koad3?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

your text here
    i was under the impression your honeymoon took place BEFORE the wedding.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Honeymoons sure have changed........
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    Honeymoons sure have changed........
    well we'd love to do a bike trip thru New Zealand but we just arent quite as established financially as we'd like and her folks dont have the money to front a trip either. I'm just glad we're getting a free thanksgiving dinner out of it and that gas prices have came down just in time. This will be our last trip alone for A LONG time, her bein preggers and all.

RIP Funny Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle

Saturday we're goin waterfall hunting (Anna Ruby, Tallulah, and Whitewater Falls) and maybe some shopping in Helen, GA and Highlands, NC. Hard to pack it all in one weekend! Probably not gonna get any riding in
    Grab a tube and run Oceana on the Tallulah...
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Too bad you won't be doing any riding around Ellijay. Stop by the Cartecay Bike Shop downtown if you have a few minutes to kill. Really nice guys who know all the local roads for the next time you go up that way.

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by cdhbrad
    Too bad you won't be doing any riding around Ellijay. Stop by the Cartecay Bike Shop downtown if you have a few minutes to kill. Really nice guys who know all the local roads for the next time you go up that way.
    i had planned to rent a mtn bike from Cartecay Friday and hit some trails, they are a great bunch of guys/gals. Dahlonega Wheelworks is an awesome bike shop aswell. Who knows, if I "perform" well w/ the wifey maybe she'll stay in bed late or enjoy some coffee on the porch and let me go for a few hours.
    Last edited by gutfiddle; 11-25-2008 at 08:02 AM.

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    Grab a tube and run Oceana on the Tallulah...
    might be a titbit nipply for that one, and i lack duckman's whitewater skillz. Rafting w/ a cooler full of beer on the french broad is more my style.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    The sister of one of my riding buddies lives in Ellijay and we spent a day there before we did the 3 State 3 Mountain ride this past May. They live on Walnut Mountain and riding up to their house was harder than anything we did on the 3 State. Lots of nice roads around there to ride.........if you aren't to busy having to "perform." Have a great weekend.