Shirtcocker

Blood, Sweat and Gears?

Anyone else seen this? Just watched it last night on Sundance Channel. It's about the 2008 Garmin-Chipotle squad and their attempts to get to the TDF and the Olympics. Pretty cool flick. Also interesting that is casts some aspersions at Johan by insinuating he fudged Lance's lactate threshold tests to make it appear he was the #1 rider in that respect when it was actually Vandevelde that had the best score. Some great shots of the Paris Roubauix also.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1326263/
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Grey Manrod
    I wonder how many times that title has been used.........books, magazine articles, cyclocross events, etc. etc.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland
    I wonder how many times that title has been used.........books, magazine articles, cyclocross events, etc. etc.
    yeah...stupid title, but it was a pretty interesting behind the scenes look at a pro cycling team.

Trailer

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Kilt wearing, old man
    Haven't seen that show (don't get Sundance on our cable system). But I have read Mud, Sweat and Gears. Actually a fun read.
    When a bike is stolen
    A faerie dies of sadness

Wave, dammit!
    Its available via Netflix as well.
    When a cyclist in your area is injured or killed by a motorist, make an extra effort the next day to go for a ride. It doesn't have to be an organized ride, or even a long ride. Hell, ride a 15 minute loop around your neighborhood if you want.

Just be seen riding your bike.

Do it to make people aware we're out there. Do it to honor a fellow traveler. Do it because you're lucky enough to still be able to.

on the road again
    Noticed that WCP carries this recently and was wondering about it. They also have one called Chasing Legends which follows the HTC-Columbia team through the 2009 TDF - from the description it sounds like the cinematography is really something.
    "EPO can turn donkeys into horses!" function