Huge in Japan

Bone conduction headphones

I will preface this by saying that I am not planing on using them for riding or looking for this to be a thread about the virtues or pitfalls of riding with them.

Having said that discussions here in that vein have made mention of them enough for me to consider getting some for other uses. For folks that have them what do you like and not like about them and what brands/ models do you have experience with? What would you recommend and not recommend?

I'd be using them around the yard, out hiking and maybe at work. If I use them at work it would be while on the shop floor (at a stationary, away from traffic location) with earplugs in.

Thanks.
    Interwebs bumpersticker goes here

RoadBikeReview Member
    they're very excellent option for riding, actually.

But the sound quality is horrendously bad of course. Better off with on-ear or over hear headphones (or in-ear if that's your thing) for working, maybe running, hiking.

The only reason the BCH exist is to enable listening while riding or otherwise using public roads. You can hear your surroundings and the (tinny) music or podcasts, simultaneously. People really close to you can also hear the music though, unlike normal headphones

I used the Aftershokz BCH for a while, but switched to a Sena bluetooth helmet for longer rides, which have little open air speakers. likewise tinny, but no extra stuff on my head, and Sena products are reliable . I use some Motorola bluetooth on ear headphones for yard work, vastly better sound than BCH

https://www.theverge.com/2016/10/24/...air-aftershokz
    Last edited by BCSaltchucker; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:24 PM.
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

Huge in Japan
    Thanks, the primary driver here is being able to use them with ear plugs in while still maintaining the ability to hear someone getting my attention on the shop floor. Secondarily I thought I'd use them hiking or otherwise in areas that I'd still like for the music to not be completely saturating my sense of hearing.
    Interwebs bumpersticker goes here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    I bought a pair of the Trekz Titanium on a special Amazon deal.

They are fine for listening to podcasts and such, but not so much for music. I mean listening to music is ok, but the sound quality is... lacking.

Also, I never ride with earphones in, but decided to give these a try on the bike. You can still hear pretty well while riding, but at any speed over about 5mph, the microphone is pretty useless due to wind noise.

I haven't used them enough in other situations to know how they do with other background noises..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    They sound horrible. Don't waste your money. If you really have to hear outside sounds.. I think the Jabra wireless earbuds have a function that uses.the microphone to pass outside sounds through the speakers.