Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Breaking Bad - Final Season (Spoiler)

Anybody else ticked off how......
    Mike was killed?

He was my favorite part of the show and having him go out like that sucked. In a way it showed how those that turn to a life of crime can die a lonely death, but at the same time it was a death he didn't deserve.
    Bikes:
    • 2012 CAAD10 (4)
    • 2013 Jamis Nova Race (winter training bike)
    • 1998 Marin East Peak - MTB
    • 2012 Argon 18 E-118

Milk was a bad choice.
    I thought it showed how trivial life has become in Walt's eyes as he realized, "oops, I didn't have to kill Mike after all." Not sure it could have ended any other way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Mike was the grounded/reality based leg of the tripod and with his influence gone, Walt has very little if anything keeping him from leaving the tracks completely.

Hold on I'm watching this
    Your probably right, he was dying, but killed is an assumption. Walt is a bad ass, no loose ends and he is in the empire building business.

"Shut the F up and let me die in peace"

Fecal indicator
    the body count is rising...so, who else is expendable before the series wraps up?

obviously, the new 'partners' are likely targets. Saul comes to mind, but not sure how he'd get in a position to be whacked. they could write Skyler out any time (please!), she really has no influence over Walt at this point.

and there's something not quite right about Todd...portrays himself as dumb as a mud fence, but is he...?
    eff all y'all...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    the body count is rising...so, who else is expendable before the series wraps up?

obviously, the new 'partners' are likely targets. Saul comes to mind, but not sure how he'd get in a position to be whacked. they could write Skyler out any time (please!), she really has no influence over Walt at this point.

and there's something not quite right about Todd...portrays himself as dumb as a mud fence, but is he...?
    Saul won't be killed...but may die from stress induced by Walt and his antics

Skyler will be killed by the new "Partners"

Walt will kill Hank because he gets too close, the woman that supplied the methlamine to Gus and try and kill the head of the DEA (hence the need for a long range sniper rifle in the first show of the last season.

Jesse will kill hanks partner and Todd (by the prodding of Walt to get him back cooking)

Todd is undercover DEA from the national office
    Bikes:
    • 2012 CAAD10 (4)
    • 2012 Argon 18 E-118

Milk was a bad choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post

Walt will kill Hank because he gets too close, the woman that supplied the methlamine to Gus and try and kill the head of the DEA (hence the need for a long range sniper rifle in the first show of the last season.

Jesse will kill hanks partner and Todd (by the prodding of Walt to get him back cooking)

That wasn't a long-range rifle. That's a belt-fed machine gun designed only for dealing out massive amounts of destruction to many people or vehicles at fairly close range. I think he goes out in some crazy blaze of glory.

Fecal indicator
    if so, then a DEA agent killed an innocent kid. prolly not a good career move...
    eff all y'all...

Todd is Jason Bourne.

RoadBikeReview Member
    if so, then a DEA agent killed an innocent kid. prolly not a good career move...
    I'm just throwing crap out there...but, it likely wouldn't be the first time an undercover officer did something like that to protect their identity, think about undercover cops in the mob...drug rings are not any different these days and may be more ruthless.

As for the big gun...I couldn't tell if it was a sniper rifle or a .50 caliber, heavy hitter type gun.
    Bikes:
    • 2012 CAAD10 (4)
    • 2012 Argon 18 E-118

I believe that the gun Walt purchased is a 7.62 M60 Machine Gun with tripod mount.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by erj549 View Post
    I thought it showed how trivial life has become in Walt's eyes as he realized, "oops, I didn't have to kill Mike after all." Not sure it could have ended any other way.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Shirtcocker

No way...not after he killed that kid.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Shirtcocker

Nobody else thinks Jesse and Skyler will team up against Walt? They seem to have a bit of a Mrs. Robinson thing going on.

Shirtcocker

Todd and/or Jesse will take over the empire.

S2H
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II View Post
    No way...not after he killed that kid.
    Yeah, I agree. If maybe Walt asked him to shoot the kid, I could see that. But he did it on his own. I don't think he's DEA.

Fecal indicator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II View Post
    Nobody else thinks Jesse and Skyler will team up against Walt? They seem to have a bit of a Mrs. Robinson thing going on.
    dunno about that...she looks at Jesse with some pretty serious contempt. don't see them hooking up. not a fan of Skyler, hyper-annoying. she just needs to die.

personally, I always thought Walt and Marie had a vibe between them...maybe Walt will take out Hank when he discovers who Heisenberg is and then latch onto the bereaved widow.
    eff all y'all...

I drank what?
    I'm thinking it will go down in a very Shakespearean way where everybody dies.

I figure Walt will either get cut out of the business or they will kill someone in his family, which is the reason for the M60 purchase at the beginning of the show. Probably something along the lines of a revenge storyline.

Also, he made the mistake and let it be known that he killed Gus. I'm assuming what's left of the cartel would still want all his (Gus) crew to be killed.

The new 'business' associates will probably see Walt's behavior as being a impediment to their business once they know his technique for cooking meth. Walt's become a psychopath. I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse or Hank ends up killing him at the end of the show.
    Last edited by j__h; 08-28-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    q_and_a - "I don't really have an appropriate response for this situation" so you'll have to wait 30 seconds for a reply

No hero that's understood
    What ever happened to Marie's shoplifting problem? I think Hank is dirty. I've always thought Hank's house was too nice. TerryB disagrees and he knows the area, but I think there is more to Hank than meets the eye. What if Hank is the patsy for the other crew that Walt is joining. Perhaps his job is to drive the competition out of business.

I think Hank and Walt do come together, but I don't think it's the way it appears right now.
    Often wrong, never in doubt

I drank what?
    Quote Originally Posted by q_and_a View Post
    What ever happened to Marie's shoplifting problem? I think Hank is dirty. I've always thought Hank's house was too nice. TerryB disagrees and he knows the area, but I think there is more to Hank than meets the eye. What if Hank is the patsy for the other crew that Walt is joining. Perhaps his job is to drive the competition out of business.

I think Hank and Walt do come together, but I don't think it's the way it appears right now.
    Yeah, I think Hank is dirty as well. His characters ego will get the best of him.
    q_and_a - "I don't really have an appropriate response for this situation" so you'll have to wait 30 seconds for a reply

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by j__h View Post
    Yeah, I think Hank is dirty as well. His characters ego will get the best of him.
    And Declan may be employing Todd to get the meth secret from Walt. Hank being dirty would explain why Walt was not caught when the bug was in the office. Any DEA office is going to have an IT staff worth its salt will sweep for bugs routinely and would immediately discover devices attached to office computers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think Walt gets killed by his son in the end. Hank is killed by Walt. Jesse gets killed as well. It's shaping up for a great finale.
    Edit Signature here---------->

Quote Originally Posted by j__h View Post
    I'm thinking it will go down in a very Shakespearean way where everybody dies.

i can't imagine an ending where this doesn't happen.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just remember an interview a few years ago with the show's creator, where he said once it became clear that the show would last multiple seasons that his goal became to put on television the transformation of a high school chemistry teacher into Tony Montana. And we all know how that ended....

Proud luddite
    I've been avoiding this thread the entire time because my wife and I just started watching the show in June.....from beginning to end...and finally we are all the way caught up so I can comment now! Love the show...absolutely love it.

I like the theories here but remember one thing: there was an episode where Walt shows up 2 years later and there's a license plate from another state on his car....was it New Hampshire? So we know he lives at least until he's 52 years old, the cancer didn't kill him, and in that episode he was returning to NM to help a friend who was in trouble. Still lots of things to figure out, but I don't think Walt ends up dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast