Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    The amazing thing is that scene was the first take...Brian Cranston nailed the pizza toss on his very first attempt! I think it would take me at least 20 times before I could nail the landing!
    How do you know?

I'm willing to watch the episodes on the laptop, but John is trying to configure the old, fat-booty TV to connect to the computer. Staples didn't have the cable needed for this.

Talked to somebody today about the show, he mentioned seeing an episode (the one where they got the meth head out of the house by digging a hole in the yard) and said it was great, but intense. He might give it another try.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Mad Men is great, but I'll go with Twin Peaks Season 1 as my GOAT (Greatest of All Time) show, or season of any show, anyway.

Just so far ahead of it's time. 1990 almost couldn't handle it.

S2 was a different story, the network interfered and it showed. The recent S3 was a partial recovery, but you can never really recapture that initial, iconic, 'Holy sh**!!!' feel.

Some of it is just surprise, the recognition that there's something entirely new under the sun.

Yeah, Twin Peaks was utterly outstanding. Definitely in my top handful.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Got the first two seasons from the library, but the first disc is scratched and the DVD is acting up

We did make it up to the point where Skyler confronts Jesse while he's got the body in the driveway. Tomorrow we'll have to download the episode(s) off Netflix and watch on the laptop while our free trial is still in effect (only got until the end of this month.)

NSFW
    As mentioned by others, make sure to follow up with Better Call Saul.

And if you get the final disk on BB, also make sure to watch the alternate ending. It may not make sense if you don't know the reference, but if you do, it's funny as hell.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks! Just finished up to S2 E5 a few minutes ago. Glad to hear BCS is also excellent, would help with the DTs after this show is over.

Cranky Old Bastard
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Question: What's with the pizza on the roof? I didn't catch the backstory, but have read that the actual owners of that house had to put a stop to idiots throwing pizzas.
    Yes, the owners of the house had to erect a fence around it. They were getting people on their property (taking selfies) all day long. And pizzas all over the roof and driveway.

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the first episode and they redecorated the chicken place like it was in the series and people came out in costume, etc. The Candy Lady was there selling her blue rock candy like she made for the show.

Found out that there is a tour that visits all the famous sites around town. $75 per to ride in an RV exactly like the one in the show, complete with meth lab!

I'd never seen the show until I moved here to Albq and got the DVDs from the library. I was surprised to see my local laundromat on TV.
    Last edited by Randy99CL; 01-21-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    "When you know absolutely nothing, anyone who knows 1% more than nothing sounds like an expert."

RoadBikeReview Member
    my opinion is BB is the greatest show of all time. but up against stiff competition in The Sopranos

Better call Saul jumped the shark by season two. just not much there, and moves too slowly. I've given up on it before season 3. It's all headed to the rather mundane destination of the beginning of Breaking Bad imho. I dunno, if you're lawyer maybe it would be more stimulating? I do not put it in the top 100 shows I've watched - though I also feel the same about just about every show made in the last 5 years too. Many highly rated shows I can't get into, and network TV hasn't made anything watchable since Seinfeld. We're just not seeing the greatness of the sopranos and BB, and GOT has left us all hanging too long now, it is cruel!
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

RoadBikeReview Member
    John was running around until late last night, so we didn't get to watch.

It can get a little into soap-opera territory, and they do stretch out the episodes with a lot of "negative space" (like Pink Floyd did with music.) Still, lots of fun.

Sopranos was great until they went on strike or whatever it was that caused them to stop for a season; GoT didn't get me from the beginning, and I was tired of the token naked chick every episode.

We were never serious TV watchers, normally just surf cable and watch two or three things at a time. OH except for the new Cosmos, we never missed an episode, even while on vacation. New season coming out too

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Entire Breaking Bad Series in 1 Minute
    ...spoilers, of course...

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Great show.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I had read comments about a plane crash, then we saw Jane's father back at work, and I was like ohhhhhh............didn't expect things to happen so quickly, thought he'd end up doing a favor for Gus a few episodes down the line.

Just into season 3 now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Okay, well into season 5 now and just watched the episode where Walt and Hank had the argument in the garage. We had to take a break for a couple of days after Walt's meeting with Mike down by the river.........

After beginning season 5, started to think maybe we should've stopped watching at the end of 4, as it was getting awfully dark. Then it started looking up for one or two episodes, and now.........we might need therapy after getting done with this show. It's emotionally draining!

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    then it'll be time to watch Better Call Saul.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just got done with Ozymandias and the episode before it. Jesus.

I don't care for how nebulous the characters are with their feelings for each other, it's realistic to a certain extent, but it's not entirely believable. Still riveting.

The rest of the world had what, five years to take it all in, maybe it's better to water this show down with more time in between episodes! I have to recover mentally before going to bed. Then I'll just be depressed that it's over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12