Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: C'mon spring

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Made it to the upper 60s last week. I managed to get two rides in.

Yesterday, an inch of snow.

Currently, the wind chill is 9 degrees. Back indoors I go...
    we got 3 more inches this morning, I bet we got 8 total... good thing its cold and windy at least....
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Back to cold, windy and rainy here in DC. Saturday it was actually hot. We had out A/C on. My wife got dehydrated watching Little League. The bottom fell out on Sunday. Spring here seems to last about 10 days -- the weather is nice -- open the windows at home -- then it turns into burning hot Summer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Well I said I didn't want talk about it, but this storm turned out to be a real doozy. In fact it ranks up there with top 10 winter storms I've ever experienced. My wife and I had a weekend meet up planned in Wisconsin, and we left early on Friday to beat ice covered roads. On Saturday in Tomah, WI we couldn't really go anywhere because the roads were so bad. The snow just piled up all day and through Saturday night, and we were worried about getting home on Sunday. The interstate was sketchy for only part of the trip home to Minneapolis, but I was greeted with a 4 foot high wall of plowed snow in my driveway. It looked like we got about 18 inches of snow. We spent 2 hours getting things cleared out, and we still got 3 more inches by Monday morning.

Oh, and the weather people are talking about how another storm could give us 4+ more inches of snow this Tuesday night.

It's supposed to finally break 50 degrees this coming weekend though!
    Last edited by GearDaddy; 04-16-2018 at 10:09 AM.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I went to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. Got enough winter to last me a lifetime when I was there.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by GearDaddy View Post
    Well I said I didn't want talk about it, but this storm turned out to be a real doozy. In fact it ranks up there with top 10 winter storms I've ever experienced. My wife and I had a weekend meet up planned in Wisconsin, and we left early on Friday to beat ice covered roads. On Saturday in Tomah, WI we couldn't really go anywhere because the roads were so bad. The snow just piled up all day and through Saturday night, and we were worried about getting home on Sunday. The interstate was sketchy for only part of the trip home to Minneapolis, but I was greeted with a 4 foot high wall of plowed snow in my driveway. It looked like we got about 18 inches of snow. We spent 2 hours getting things cleared out, and we still got 3 more inches by Monday morning.

Oh, and the weather people are talking about how another storm could give us 4+ more inches of snow this Tuesday night.

It's supposed to finally break 50 degrees this coming weekend though!
    Spring in wi, I know her well

Yes I'm sure, that doesn't mean I'm right.

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Frog Whisperer
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris.... I figured out where the birdies is.

575 miles in.. Another gorgeous day!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2018
    Now?
    C'mon spring-wdw-l_%40-bm9t-8%60j%7Dg%5Bv-r1.jpg

Master debator.
    Nice bike!

Is it warm enough for you moreons now huh huh? I about died on a trail run today 88 degrees at noon and muggier and buggier than all get out.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    Nice bike!

Is it warm enough for you moreons now huh huh? I about died on a trail run today 88 degrees at noon and muggier and buggier than all get out.
    Today was the first ride this year for me where it was uncomfortably hot. 88 and a dewpoint of 71. Not fun but still better than snow

Russian Troll Farmer
    We just finished our 2 weeks of spring. Today it's 85. Three weeks ago it snowed....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Frog Whisperer
    Never saw under 90 today, love it!

up to 893,x miles for the year.
    Last edited by Touch0Gray; 05-27-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Frog Whisperer
    Over 930 now

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Over 930 now
    I've had to take up my summer 0'Dark'Thirty riding routine. We done skipped spring and went straight to summer. 3rd consecutive day of 100F+ weather in these parts. Out the door and on the bike by 0530.

1,755 miles this YTD....way behind last year at this time WRT distance but way ahead WRT elevation.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I've had to take up my summer 0'Dark'Thirty riding routine. We done skipped spring and went straight to summer. 3rd consecutive day of 100F+ weather in these parts. Out the door and on the bike by 0530.

1,755 miles this YTD....way behind last year at this time WRT distance but way ahead WRT elevation.
    Btw, my new Garmin (well, on year 2 now) bluetooths to my phone and log goes straight to Connect. AND THEN..... I d/l to SportTracks... Lol, I still think it is the best way to save and evaluate data!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I landed on 1460 today, 481 for the month and 207 for the week. If I can maintain this growth I'll have a good year.

It was 77deg when I left the house and 95 when I returned 54 miles later. Made for a tough finish.
    Too old to ride plastic

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    I landed on 1460 today, 481 for the month and 207 for the week. If I can maintain this growth I'll have a good year.

It was 77deg when I left the house and 95 when I returned 54 miles later. Made for a tough finish.
    Wow, you are way ahead of me, I only have 469 for the month and 929 for the year. Although I do have 54,600 feet of ascending.. All the home and yard work is taking way more time than I like.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wow, you are way ahead of me, I only have 469 for the month and 929 for the year. Although I do have 54,600 feet of ascending.. All the home and yard work is taking way more time than I like.
    You've also had more snow than I've seen down here. This months mileage isn't that different between the 2 of us which leads me to believe that you lost a lot of riding time to conditions when I was able to get a few miles in.

I'm looking to get out for a few miles after breakfast today.
    Too old to ride plastic

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Btw, my new Garmin (well, on year 2 now) bluetooths to my phone and log goes straight to Connect. AND THEN..... I d/l to SportTracks... Lol, I still think it is the best way to save and evaluate data!
    LOL...My Edge1000 croaked 2 weeks ago. The rubber-power button on the exterior dry-rotted out and cracked....poof no more water-resistance. Resorted to needing a paper-clip or 1mm allen to start/stop for a week... Now I'm done and free from Garmin. Running a Wahoo Bolt. Goes straight to Strava.

Would've taken weeks and cost probably almost as much to get the 1000 fixed by Garmin.

Frog Whisperer
    LOL...My Edge1000 croaked 2 weeks ago. The rubber-power button on the exterior dry-rotted out and cracked....poof no more water-resistance. Resorted to needing a paper-clip or 1mm allen to start/stop for a week... Now I'm done and free from Garmin. Running a Wahoo Bolt. Goes straight to Strava.

Would've taken weeks and cost probably almost as much to get the 1000 fixed by Garmin.
    I was using wahoo fitness to track roller miles, the pushed an update that totally destroyed it for me, .tcx and .gpx were no longer compatible with SportTracks. That was a deal breaker for me.

Master debator.
    I only have 473 miles cycling, but 726 miles running. We had a tough spring for cycling and I hoped for more.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    I only have 473 miles cycling, but 726 miles running. We had a tough spring for cycling and I hoped for more.
    I'm not a runner, but that sure sounds like a lot of running miles to me.
    Too old to ride plastic

Frog Whisperer
    He must be fast, they haven't caught him and eaten him yet. Although, he's probably tough and stringy.
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    I'm not a runner, but that sure sounds like a lot of running miles to me.

Frog Whisperer

Btw garmin cross ships for repairs usually, they send you a refurbished and you ship yours back.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Btw garmin cross ships for repairs usually, they send you a refurbished and you ship yours back.

They do...but it takes time...and my Edge was long since passed warranty. For an Edge1K I think the service would be $130USD...which I decided I'd rather get a device faster with much better battery life that simply isn't a Garmin and prone to its woes.

I still could send it off./ But I'm not at all sure I can sell it and break even...nor am I sure I'd get $130 of use/good out of it.

Frog Whisperer
    Well then, there you have it. I gotta tell you, my touch 35 has been excellent. We are going on vacation and I scored the ENTIRE state of Alaska's USGS (geo-topo) that live on my gps on the hiking profile, open source, for free!
    They do...but it takes time...and my Edge was long since passed warranty. For an Edge1K I think the service would be $130USD...which I decided I'd rather get a device faster with much better battery life that simply isn't a Garmin and prone to its woes.

I still could send it off./ But I'm not at all sure I can sell it and break even...nor am I sure I'd get $130 of use/good out of it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast