Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: C'mon spring

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Made it to the upper 60s last week. I managed to get two rides in.

Yesterday, an inch of snow.

Currently, the wind chill is 9 degrees. Back indoors I go...
    we got 3 more inches this morning, I bet we got 8 total... good thing its cold and windy at least....
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Back to cold, windy and rainy here in DC. Saturday it was actually hot. We had out A/C on. My wife got dehydrated watching Little League. The bottom fell out on Sunday. Spring here seems to last about 10 days -- the weather is nice -- open the windows at home -- then it turns into burning hot Summer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Well I said I didn't want talk about it, but this storm turned out to be a real doozy. In fact it ranks up there with top 10 winter storms I've ever experienced. My wife and I had a weekend meet up planned in Wisconsin, and we left early on Friday to beat ice covered roads. On Saturday in Tomah, WI we couldn't really go anywhere because the roads were so bad. The snow just piled up all day and through Saturday night, and we were worried about getting home on Sunday. The interstate was sketchy for only part of the trip home to Minneapolis, but I was greeted with a 4 foot high wall of plowed snow in my driveway. It looked like we got about 18 inches of snow. We spent 2 hours getting things cleared out, and we still got 3 more inches by Monday morning.

Oh, and the weather people are talking about how another storm could give us 4+ more inches of snow this Tuesday night.

It's supposed to finally break 50 degrees this coming weekend though!
    Last edited by GearDaddy; 2 Days Ago at 10:09 AM.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I went to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. Got enough winter to last me a lifetime when I was there.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by GearDaddy View Post
    Well I said I didn't want talk about it, but this storm turned out to be a real doozy. In fact it ranks up there with top 10 winter storms I've ever experienced. My wife and I had a weekend meet up planned in Wisconsin, and we left early on Friday to beat ice covered roads. On Saturday in Tomah, WI we couldn't really go anywhere because the roads were so bad. The snow just piled up all day and through Saturday night, and we were worried about getting home on Sunday. The interstate was sketchy for only part of the trip home to Minneapolis, but I was greeted with a 4 foot high wall of plowed snow in my driveway. It looked like we got about 18 inches of snow. We spent 2 hours getting things cleared out, and we still got 3 more inches by Monday morning.

Oh, and the weather people are talking about how another storm could give us 4+ more inches of snow this Tuesday night.

It's supposed to finally break 50 degrees this coming weekend though!
    Spring in wi, I know her well

Yes I'm sure, that doesn't mean I'm right.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345