Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon spring

Frog Whisperer

C'mon spring

PLEASE!!!! Hurry up!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I have a couple of hundred for 2018, rode Sunday (45 for the high) and yesterday, 43 for the high with 15 mph breeze from the NE. I am tired of being cold!

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    PLEASE!!!! Hurry up!
    We’re hitting 90 degrees for the first time this year on Thursday. Spring has indeed sprung in Tucson.

a real member's member
    it's been beautiful here in seattle. low 50s and almost too sunny.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    been spring for a while now here in Canada. in fact Feb/March is the time with the most flowers here: https://flowercount.com/

on my ride 2 days ago

Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Just turning to Autumn here, I think my fav time of the year. Still nice weather but cooler and not too windy, so I'm happy
    All the gear and no idea

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here in Eastern Ontario we still have snow and are below normal temps. It will be a while before I'm able to get my bike out.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've been seeing bearable temps. of the high 30's to the low to mid 40's but they're being spoiled by winds of the mid to high teens to the mid to high 20's. That combination makes for cold wind chills and hard riding.

Sunday was a glorious day, 55deg with a 5mph SSW breeze, giving hope that was all but shattered Monday with 43deg and a NE wind of 16-23mph.

Soon.

Funny thing is these conditions are easier to deal with in the fall, when we're eased into them, and know that soon it'll be worse. Adding clothes to keep riding is easier than piling the clothes on to start the season.
    Last edited by velodog; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:25 AM.
    Too old to ride plastic

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    I've been seeing bearable temps. of the high 30's to the low to mid 40's but they're being spoiled by winds of the mid to high teens to the mid to high 20's. That combination makes for cold wind chills and hard riding.

Sunday was a glorious day, 55deg with a 5mph SSW breeze, giving hope that was all but shattered Monday with 43deg and a NE wind of 16-23mph.

Soon.
    I was in Madison Sunday riding with my son. There were plenty of people out on the ice on the lake still. (idiots) When we were on the leeward side of the lake it was damn cold. My sensor showed a drop of 7 to 10 degrees (actual) wind chill was way more than that. I was out Monday too, but the older I get, the less I like being cold. 35 to 45 is the hardest temperature range to dress for imo.
    You have a lake to deal with too!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I was in Madison Sunday riding with my son. There were plenty of people out on the ice on the lake still. (idiots) When we were on the leeward side of the lake it was damn cold. My sensor showed a drop of 7 to 10 degrees (actual) wind chill was way more than that. I was out Monday too, but the older I get, the less I like being cold. 35 to 45 is the hardest temperature range to dress for imo.
    You have a lake to deal with too!
    Yeah, Big Blue Lake Michigan.

Luckily I live far enough away from it that those NE winds are tempered a bit by the time they make it to me. They still hurt tho.

The toughest part of riding in those temperatures is stopping while being all sweated up. Picking up that chill that takes a bit to work off can really suck the fun out of the ride.
    Too old to ride plastic

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    4 inches on the ground and snow still coming down here in Virginia. I’m doing the 90 mile Eroica in 3 weeks and my longest training ride so far is 45 miles.

Master debator.
    I got out on the fat bike on the roads, I intended to ride gravel, but there was still too much ice and mud on the shady sides so I stayed on pavement. Maybe next weekend...
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I'll be riding @ 830, same old same old, no jacket!
    BANNED

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    I'll be riding @ 830, same old same old, no jacket!
    you ain't in the upper midwest are you!

KWL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    And here it is in the DC area this morning. This was before the snow started really dumping. Spring, I barely knew ye.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C'mon spring-img_5330.jpg  
    Ken
    Ladonna Batiste-Williams: “I married a goddam musician, Ain’t no way to make that $#!↑ right.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    And here it is in the DC area this morning. This was before the snow started really dumping. Spring, I barely knew ye.
    That's a pretty impressive set of fenders.
    Too old to ride plastic

Low rep power
    PLEASE!!!! Hurry up!
    No whining!!! It's still snowshoe season here (including another 10" or so forecast for tonight).
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

RoadBikeReview Member
    So tired of the weather. It's not the cold that bothers me, it's that it's relentless. I hate commuting to work in below freezing temps, on the days I can ride. Today is icing on the cake.

Also, KLW, don't you have a problem with snow building up between the fender and tire?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    PLEASE!!!! Hurry up!
    Another day, another nor'easter. I have put more miles on my snowblower than my bike this spring

I make Eagles fly
    Starts getting too hot in spring
    If you don't follow the liberal flock, you are called a troll.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Enjoyed the first day of Spring yesterday ... it was just awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C'mon spring-spring1.jpg   C'mon spring-spring2.jpg   C'mon spring-spring3.jpg  

Boobies!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
    been spring for a while now here in Canada. in fact Feb/March is the time with the most flowers here: https://flowercount.com/

on my ride 2 days ago

Reasons to miss BC--those long slow springs of my youth--we just got another dump of snow--and in two weeks it will probably be too hot (OK, I'm exaggerating a little...)
    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."
    John Rogers

KWL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrac View Post
    ... Also, KLW, don't you have a problem with snow building up between the fender and tire?
    I haven't had any problems with show buildup. The fenders themselves are really slick on the underside and I spray there with Boeshield T9 when I do the winter setup. Wednesday's snow was pretty wet - I had lots of snow buildup on the bottom bracket and crank, but none in the fenders.
    Ken
    Ladonna Batiste-Williams: “I married a goddam musician, Ain’t no way to make that $#!↑ right.”

Non non normal
    I was spinning and eating on a cruise ship for 9 days. The weather was great and the ride options extremely limited.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast