Call me a Fred

Co-pilot dragged screaming off flight

That headline is not something you want to read in an airport.

The details in the article are scary also, as is the airlines white washing of the danger of the incident.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker
    That headline is not something you want to read in an airport.

The details in the article are scary also, as is the airlines white washing of the danger of the incident.
    I think the copilot was Britney.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

hold my beer n watch this
    He must have been reading up on the regulations, that would make anybody lose it...Or been bouncing around the world and lost himself in jet lag hell, same result.

It's all ball bearings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    I think the copilot was Britney.

Leeeeave Britney allloooooooone!

hello
    an Egyptian perhaps?

It's all ball bearings
    Something unusual about the juice that the flight attendant served him?

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Crap and I have to fly in 2 days. I hate flying.

Born from Jorts®
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix
    an Egyptian perhaps?
    huh?

I'm guessing he saw a gargoyle-like creature tearing the wings apart. And now everyone thinks he's crazy.

i like whiskey
    I knew BenWA and FlynG would chime in on this one. If for nothing else than to refute the rumor that the co-pilot was one of them.

hello
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    huh?
    suicidal co-pilot

Back from the dead
    Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
    Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
    Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
    Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
    Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
    Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
    Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
    Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Beetpull DeLite
    You have clearance, Clarence.
    Roger, Roger.

RoadBikeReview Member
    good old air canada. It is by far the worst airline I have ever had the unfortunate chance to fly on. I can't think of a worse one. Every single time I fly them they never cease to amaze me on how crap they are. Too bad my company has bought vouchers/books of tickets with them and will only let us employees fly air canada.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

the_rydster
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix
    Yep he killed himself and everyone onboard yet many in Egypt want to believe it was some kind of massive boeing/US government cover up.

No 767 has suffered a double elevator hardover either before or after, yet they blame that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers!
    good old air canada. It is by far the worst airline I have ever had the unfortunate chance to fly on. I can't think of a worse one.
    Continental

Back from the dead
    good old air canada. It is by far the worst airline I have ever had the unfortunate chance to fly on. I can't think of a worse one. Every single time I fly them they never cease to amaze me on how crap they are. Too bad my company has bought vouchers/books of tickets with them and will only let us employees fly air canada.
    You obviously haven't flown Virgin Atlantic.

Hermia commutes
    Total deraillment, but I'm in the middle of a trip now, and my flight yesterday was delayed because they over-fueled the plane by 4500 pounds so we had to sit there at the gate waiting for the truck to come back and take the fuel back out. I'd never heard of that before. it was crazy....

Call me a Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox
    Total deraillment, but I'm in the middle of a trip now, and my flight yesterday was delayed because they over-fueled the plane by 4500 pounds so we had to sit there at the gate waiting for the truck to come back and take the fuel back out. I'd never heard of that before. it was crazy....
    They should have just unloaded the 4500 pound guy who was taking up three seat in first class.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    +10000

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    You obviously haven't flown Virgin Atlantic.
    Frontier sucks most of the time also and is our preferred corporate airline. I always try to find a reason to fly United instead. Fortunately Frontier's schedules are so screwy that I can always use that as an excuse.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    I am with you. It isn't even that they are so bad (flew with them to Hong Kong last year, good leg room, acceptable food, tolerably pleasant flight attendants), but when something isn't going right (we had a huge delay coming home), they just don't seem capable of providing any information. Drives me crazy. And... my bags always get lost in Toronto (don't suppose that is really Air Canada's fault, but it is fun to blame them)
    As I grow older I will remember the first light on the water, my will to win, the strength of my arms and the power of the crew.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I still can't forget the worst Air Canada flight by far. I was flying back from Heathrow England to Toronto, Ontario, Canada after backpacking in Europe for 4 weeks with my girlfriend. They had checked in everyone ahead of time and loaded up the airplane. Except 3 passengers were a no show. They waited... (We waited), pilot kept on coming on the intercom saying another 15 mins, another 15 mins we are still waiting for 3 passengers to show up. Nope... After 3 hours of waiting 15 mins they finally decided, let us go and pull the luggage out of the plane for the 3 passengers. Great... Thinking it would be a quick 15 min job... NOPE! Another 2 hours for them to get rid of the damn suitcases. Then guess what? We missed our window to fly so we waited on the Tarmac for another 4 hours until we could fly. WTF!?!?!?! This was July of 2004. Since the airplane was not spinning it's engine and the ground crew had disconnected power to the aircraft we sat in the dark for something like 8 hours... We as passengers never got a sorry, or an apology, or anything. My girlfriend had to grab a connecting to Montreal so she missed that and Air Canada wasn't very accommodating to help her since it was on another airline. You would think that since they caused this F up they would make whatever experience remaining as pleasent as possible such as help my gf out at time find a connecting and move her luggage automatically from one plane to another nope. She had to go on the phone and go to several other counters to find a connecting.

We had just grabbed an Easy Jet flight from Rome to England two days before. Even though we had to pay for coffee and biscuits on the plane, the plane was cleaner, the stewardess much more friendly and the operations didn't feel like it was run by a bunch of monkeys locked in a closet.

One time I was delayed on a flight by 3 hours from Tokyo to Toronto on JAL. I got a free ticket with a 6 month expriary date for anywhere that JAL servers in North America as an apology for delaying my life by 3 hours. What did Air Canada do after more than 8 hour delay? NOTHING, it added insult to injury when I had to help my gf go around to various airline counters to try to find a connecting to Montreal. Luckily we had travel insurance so travel insurance took up the cost of booking another airline ticket to Montreal.

To this date I'm dumbfounded on how such a pathetic airline can exist. OH and I also don't forget how my shares of Air Canada stock vanished in thin air. Because I had only 8000 CDN worth of air Canada shares several years ago I didn't get new shares when Air Canada decided to re-issue their shares, and leave whomever that was holding less than 10,000 CDN worth of their $hit stock SOL.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    he must've had the fish.