Who needs a map?

Cork and Carbon Fiber (almost NNC)

Portugal's cork industry is taking a hit now that wineries are using different methods of stoppering their bottles. They're looking for alternative places to use cork, one of which is as a substrate or form for carbon fiber. They're looking at the airplane industry, but I bet there could be applications for bikes as well.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/02/cork-airplane/
    "If we're to be honest with ourselves, achieving the end of the exercise was never the point of the exercise, was it?"
    ~Adam Savage

banned
    Aug 2009
    Yes. Many a retro-fred crams them in their barends after installing some Brooks tape. That matches their Brooks saddle. On their lugged bike with "standard" diameter tubes.

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho's Balls
    Yes. Many a retro-fred crams them in their barends after installing some Brooks tape. That matches their Brooks saddle. On their lugged bike with "standard" diameter tubes.
    I sort of Resemble that remark! (Cork to hold in my leather velo-orange tape), no lugs. Retro? Yes, Fred? No. An old cork holds a lot better than the cheap plastic ends that come with most bar tape. And I have hundreds of spares.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

Seat's not level
    We have lots of corks in some vases on top of the kitchen cabinets... What do you do with them other than stuff in a handle bar?
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown