RoadBikeReview Member

Crazy Sprint experience over the weekend

I just had to tell you guys about this one. On Saturday I got a text that I was over my minuets. So I went to the website to see what was going on. I was 150 minutes over. I get 400 a month and I use maybe 100 a month. I looked at the call log online and from the 15th to the 19th there was several hundred incoming calls with unavailable numbers. Most were only 1min long but some were 15,20, or 90min. About $50 in extra fees. Non of them came to my phone. It spends all day connected to speakers at work streaming Ihart Radio. Sprint phones can't do data and voice at the same time. I thought my phone got hacked and someone copied the MSID number and was using my account.

I go to the sprint store and tell them whats going on and they tell me they can't do any thing. I have to call costumer service. And they call for me and give me the phone at the store. After an hour of the guy trying to tell me there is nothing he can do and the calls were all real. I then ask about Sprint's policy on I.D. theft his tone changes and he tells me he will start a fraud investigation and they would contact me in 48 hours. They then put a new MSID number in to my phone and the guys at the store do a factory reset on it and send me on my way for the weekend.

No fast forward to Monday and the fraud division calls me and tells me there is no fraud. I was a little stunned and asked how can't there be any I didn't receive any calls. He tells me well the numbers are all unavailable and there aren't any international calls so they can't do any thing. So I asked you are seriously telling me your system can't tell if two phones are using the same MSID number at the same time. Crickets. Then I get told call costumer service.

Costumer service call #2. I explain every thing and the guy looks at the calls and tells me he doesn't see any thing wrong. I'm about to flip out when I tell him this is crazy and I shouldn't have to pay for phone calls I didn't get. He puts me on hold and goes to talk to a supervisor. When he gets back on I'm told they are giving me 300 extra minutes to cover it and he is taking the $50 charge off. So I ask what happened and he cant explain it. I then ask what do I do if this happens again. He tells me they wont lift the charges a second time and that the only thing I could do would be to pay for the unlimited every thing plan that is about $50 more a month then I pay now. I thank him and hang up figuring I would go back to the store and talk to a repair tech about it. They usually have some Idea of whats going on with this stuff.

Ok so after work today I go back to sprint store and tell my story and the kid tells me lets look at your account. He brings it up on the computer and then tells me why don't I just give you the unlimited plan for what your paying now. This is the same store that told me they couldn't do any thing the first time. I'm kind of shocked at this point and ask him can you do that. He tells me he can do any thing. So he types away at the computer for 2 min. And then tells me you wont ever get an overage charge again and with the way the taxes work out you should see a few dollars less on your bill. I didn't argue I thanked him and left. I still can't believe this happened and Sprint just doesn't seem to care why. The only thing I can figure is something happened on there end and they don't want at admit it to me for some reason.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    Jeebus,

Sprint employees. No brains, no headaches huh?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Im still a little surprised by this. Something went vary wrong somewhere and no one can or will explain what.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012

Re: Crazy Sprint experience over the weekend

For the most part Sprint employees are bozos (I'm on Sprint too.) You can get voice and data at the same time if you're on Wi-Fi or using 4g.

I use a call blocker that automatically dumps all unknown numbers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    For the most part Sprint employees are bozos (I'm on Sprint too.) You can get voice and data at the same time if you're on Wi-Fi or using 4g.

I use a call blocker that automatically dumps all unknown numbers.
    When I am at work its 3G and its roaming. I asked Sprint about it a few months ago and got told I have unlimited roaming data. So go right ahead and stream as much as you want at work. So I have been.

Flash! ah–ahhh!
    Sprint has had legendarily awful customer service for years now.

I think there was some sort of big cross-industry survey done once, and it turned out that Sprint not only had the worst customer service in the wireless industry, but in ANY industry. Just a total breakdown of their CS culture, apparently.

It's a lot of what's kept me from ever signing up with them.

I've had one or two CS bozos at Verizon too, but they at least are smart enough to figure out when they're wrong and call you back and apologize. My experience, anyway.

Last I checked, T-Mobile had the best CS in the wireless industry (and good prices too). Would be tempted to go with them, but VZ's just got such a much better network where I live.
    Monkhouse: I want to die like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep... not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SystemShock: About Faux News/the Right-Wing Bubble™ – the first thing a cult does is claim that everyone else is lying to you.

Kitty:
    ROMNEY LANDSLIDE! Man its going to be fun in PO after Election Day

Platypius:
    I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seamus: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Sprint has had legendarily awful customer service for years now.

I think there was some sort of big cross-industry survey done once, and it turned out that Sprint not only had the worst customer service in the wireless industry, but in ANY industry. Just a total breakdown of their CS culture, apparently.

It's a lot of what's kept me from ever signing up with them.

I've had one or two CS bozos at Verizon too, but they at least are smart enough to figure out when they're wrong and call you back and apologize. My experience, anyway.

Last I checked, T-Mobile had the best CS in the wireless industry (and good prices too). Would be tempted to go with them, but VZ's just got such a much better network where I live.
    Don't get me started on Verizon. I had a 4glte hotspot from them for 4 days. It took me 2 months to get them to cancel the service. They kept sending me bills for $170 and then telling me it was only $40 when I would call them.

Flash! ah–ahhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    Don't get me started on Verizon. I had a 4glte hotspot from them for 4 days. It took me 2 months to get them to cancel the service. They kept sending me bills for $170 and then telling me it was only $40 when I would call them.
    Guess it's time to talk to the chick on the motorcycle then (assuming you got coverage).

Monkhouse: I want to die like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep... not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SystemShock: About Faux News/the Right-Wing Bubble™ – the first thing a cult does is claim that everyone else is lying to you.

Kitty:

Platypius:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Maybe I think I'm going to stick it out to the end of my contract if this unlimited every thing happens for $70 a month.

waterproof*
    Ting Wireless. Talk to actual American humans on the phone. They resell Sprint and roam on Verizon. Best rates I've found and not having degraded service like the other resellers.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I thought this thread was gonna be about going balls-out (or ball-out in the case of Mr. Armstrong) on a bicycle for a short distance.

I was sorely disappointed at the lack of NNC content.

Moreons.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012

Re: Crazy Sprint experience over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    I thought this thread was gonna be about going balls-out (or ball-out in the case of Mr. Armstrong) on a bicycle for a short distance.

Moreons.
    I think the moron is the person who doesn't realize if it were cycling related it wouldn't be in The Lounge. The Lounge is for non cycling topics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think the moron is the person who doesn't realize if it were cycling related it wouldn't be in The Lounge. The Lounge is for non cycling topics.
    I don't know if anyone is a moreon, but cycling topics show up in the Lounge all the time. That's why the label "NNC" was invented.

And I was expecting a cycling story, too, when I saw the word "sprint". I guess I'm even more of a moreon.
    Eppur si muove.

RoadBikeReview Member
    As you're obviously new here, welcome to the Lounge!
    Last edited by bike_guy; 07-24-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Cranky Old Bastard
    I've had all the big names and had trouble with every one. For me, Sprint was the worst.

Some people don't shop around and aren't aware of what is out there.

Right now I have a "no contract" with T-Mobile and it's the best I've found. You buy the phone for $20+ and I get 1500 anything minutes a month for $30. No roaming charges, no ups, no extras.
    $50 a month gets unlimited talk/text and lots of internet but I don't use that part so don't know the details.
    You can change your plan up or down every month if you want to. And even cancel it with no penalty or contract to pay off.
    It's funny that if I go to the cell store to pay my bill they don't even charge sales tax, weird. Otherwise I buy a monthly card at any store.
    "When you know absolutely nothing, anyone who knows 1% more than nothing sounds like an expert."

Flash! ah–ahhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post

Moreons.
    You know, Lance could carry his other ball with him, and thus be able to go 'balls out' like the rest of us.

He could like pierce it and put it on a chain around his neck.

Kitty:

Platypius: