banned
    Mar 2011

Daniel Boone's Cyclery

Coolest LBS ever. Worst (Thus making it the best???) location ever. Best staff ever. It's like stepping into a time portal into awesomeness. Will definitely visit every time I'm in Houston, wish we had more time then we did to stay.

They found the oddest Cinelli stem screw for me, in about 5 minutes. I've been looking for this screw for about a year in a 100 mile radius.

Thanks all you lownjers for the tip.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbenben View Post
    Coolest LBS ever. Worst (Thus making it the best???) location ever. Best staff ever. It's like stepping into a time portal into awesomeness. Will definitely visit every time I'm in Houston, wish we had more time then we did to stay.

They found the oddest Cinelli stem screw for me, in about 5 minutes. I've been looking for this screw for about a year in a 100 mile radius.

Thanks all you lownjers for the tip.
    Welcome, I used to rep Houston so I visited most of the shops, they have more stuff hidden away that they won't even turn loose. Joy's (owner) husband contracted Romic to make 100 3 speed gentlemens bikes with special builds, not all were finished and they were robbed of parts and kept in attic for years. They are being released back for sale with new builds.

Location is a gold mine, Joy owns a couple lots, the real estate is worth a small fortune now. Visit West End next time, place has a really cool bike collection/mini museum

banned
    Mar 2011
    Oh wow Joy checked me out I believe.

The location's property value is admittedly through the roof, and their customer base is most likely loaded and loyal. I'm sure she sales exactly as much as she wants to.

Are there two locations? I was inside of a house turned bike shop candy store. There was literally everything in every nook and cranny of that place, and it all had awesome price tags. Store layout was the oddest but it worked kinda.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbenben View Post
    Oh wow Joy checked me out I believe.

The location's property value is admittedly through the roof, and their customer base is most likely loaded and loyal. I'm sure she sales exactly as much as she wants to.

Are there two locations? I was inside of a house turned bike shop candy store. There was literally everything in every nook and cranny of that place, and it all had awesome price tags. Store layout was the oddest but it worked kinda.
    West End is another shop, but Joy doesn't own, it is tucked away in a neighborhood too, not as quirky but the bike museum and collection of bikes he has is cool.

Seat's not level
    Do they have raccoon tails on their helmets?

A good bike shop is hard to find.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown