Honey Smack!

Dollar Shave Club blade review

You all remember this pretty awesome video..

Seeing as how I am a sucker for marketing I decided to give it a try. I selected their top end blades and handle because the name of it made me feel like a sir. "The Executive"

Sadly there was a bit of a delay in shipping, but as you can tell by watching the video, the f'n bear can't catch for ****. I blame him. They did communicate with me about the delay, so there is that.

To my great surprise the razor did not come hand delivered by Dave Hickey on a unicycle, nor was it swaddled in Unicorn foreskin soaked in 30 year old scotch. However it was nicely packaged in a manila padded envelope.

Down to the good stuff.

The handle compares well a Gillette Mach (whatever), quite substantial and felt good to hold. Strong and executively. Already I could envision myself suddenly understanding the GOP's platform, squirreling away billions in offshore accounts and laughing at the plight of Aindreas.

Now to the good part. My blades. My sparkly shiny bastions of manhood severing cutlery.

After I eneey-meeny-miney-mo'd my way to determine which of the three blades to use, I firmly grasped my handle, hoisted it skyward and proclaimed the middle blade the implement of my facial stubbles demise. Flipping it over to compare to the Gillete blade that I currently have, they look pretty much identical, except the Dollar Shave blade has 1 more blade, and seems to be more ribbed for my pleasure. Thank you Dollar Shave. you really do care.

As far as the shave goes, the blades seemed significantly sharper than the brand new Gillette blade I used yesterday (in hopes for an accurate comparison, a test group was given a stick and told to shave with it and let me know how it felt). I have a manly face that is 95% bearded awesomeness, and 5% stubbly neckbeardofshame. This blade removed the shame better than the Mach somethingorother I've been using forever, and left my face with a wonderfully masculine feeling. I had to fight the urge to quit my job in order to better pursue my dream of catching the white whale. Thankfully I was able to win that struggle and after sexually satisfying my wife, my neighbors wife, my neighbors cat, my neighbors babysitter, Aindreas, and your mom, I am here at work basking in the glow of my f'n amazing face.

In conclusion, it's a helluva lot cheaper than storebought blades, and for me, gave me a much closer shave.

And Polio.
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice!

I gave up on multi-blade razors a while ago, partly because of the ridiculous cost, partly because they usually hurt my face.

If I didn't love my safety razor so much this would definitely get me to switch back...

Wish they carried safety razor blades just so I could support them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    Your Logical-to-Dumbass ratio is way out of kilter, buddy

Just Plain Bitter
    I'm with Lotophage on this. Good write up but I am sticking with my safety razor, soap and brush. It still gives me a closer shave than all of those multi blade razors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

I ride in circles..
    Ok... now you need to answer this question... How do they work on your legs?
    I currently use an electric on my face so no interest there. However the Titanium blades ain't cheap. I would be willing to try these out to save on my shave.
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~

Honey Smack!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoSoSwiM View Post
    Ok... now you need to answer this question... How do they work on your legs?
    I currently use an electric on my face so no interest there. However the Titanium blades ain't cheap. I would be willing to try these out to save on my shave.
    I don't shave my legs. I figure I'm fat and slow, so it's not like shaving my legs is suddenly going to make people go "Ohh he's a speedy fella!"
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

Non non normal
    I must not be a real man because I shave every morning and use a total of about 6 blades a year on my fusion.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

On the wrong floor again
    I am teh intrigued. I think I'm gonna have to try this.
    "I swear to god, if you wreck this airplane I'll help you pay the deductable but I'm not touching the yoke again"

Quote Originally Posted by Qstick333 View Post
    I just got an email from her saying..."don't worry, they were store bought. a$$hole."
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
    Indeed it is. Nothing left of the horse but a sun-bleached skeleton, and still the beating goes on.

hold my beer n watch this
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylint View Post
    My sparkly shiny bastions of manhood severing cutlery.

If you sever the manhood you ain't gonna have no moar kiddos. Well there are easier ways to go about that too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That video alone makes me want to start using the dollar shave club
    "Sticking feathers in your butt doesn't make you a chicken"
    -Tyler Durden

Moderatus Puisne
    Thanks for this. I hadn't heard of DSC until this week's issue of the handy-dandy Economist, with an article about them. I certainly hadn't seen the video -- that was f**king great.

Subscriptions to anything make me nervous.

And I'll just come out and admit right now that I use a Venus. So does teh Girl, so we can buy packs at Costco. Still ain't that cheap.