RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002

Dr. Ferrari, is this you?

Even if it's not, this is gross. People are broke these days!

Man Arrested For Paying People To Withdraw Blood In Southwest Without License: DCist

Police say a man was paying people to withdraw their blood without the proper certification in Southwest.

Officers arrested 43-year-old Khoa Hoang Nguyen on Wednesday morning after he told police that he’d been withdrawing and storing “large quantities of blood” inside of an apartment on P Street SW, according to a Metropolitan Police Department report. At the scene, officers also found several needles, vials, and a ledger.
    Neighbors told NBC Washington that a long line formed outside of the apartment building where Nguyen was paying people $30 each for the blood samples.
    One man said that people were getting blood taken from their arms and had tubes placed down their noses— “some people came out of the house and said my nose was burning,” he said.

Another neighbor was concerned about people contracting blood diseases “and going away from here without nobody knowing with actions like that—to me, it was illegal, unsanitary, and unsafe.”

When police were called to the scene, Nguyen told them that he worked for a medical company in Boston, but he was unable to provide them with proof, according to charging documents obtained by NBC Washington.

As part of a “work study” program, he told them that he’d drawn blood from 40 people between Tuesday and Wednesday, however, police found a record in the apartment that listed an additional 205 names, according to the charging documents. Police also said that the blood wasn’t being stored in a way that lines up with “professional practices.”

It's unclear why Nguyen was collecting the blood.

Police charged Nguyen with practicing registered nursing without a license, according to MPD spokesperson Aquita Brown.

Matnlely Dregaend
    Did he come here on the Demeter and was he the last surviving crew member?
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    someone please post a reasonable explanation.

is there some blood component that can get sold black market as an aphrodisiac or something?

was the guy paying out actual money? or just vouchers or something?

if money - was this an eccentric millionaire?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Article says he was paying out $30 a pop. I hope he had cookies like the Red Cross.

a real member's member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJay View Post
    atypical and rather boring vampire that ran an equitable practice until the neighbors got too nosy.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJay View Post

is there some blood component that can get sold black market as an aphrodisiac or something?
    Roadbike review certainly has a diverse membership but I doubt it's diverse enough to know what's up with this.

Unless I'm wrong, in which case, I can't wait to hear what's up with this...