Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    It's called a Honda Ridgeline by the way if you're interested.
    A V6 in a "truck" without turbos......and an automatic transmission.... No Thank you.

Forever a Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoki View Post
    A V6 in a "truck" without turbos......and an automatic transmission.... No Thank you.
    How about an SUV with a bed? I know, it's still going to be a sissy vehicle. But it's practical.

And yeah, a couple people can fit in the trunk. Probably not wise to haul them in there though, there's padded sections inside for that.
    use a torque wrench

Pooped a refrigerator.
    Another option if you're not concerned about looks is the Ford Flex. It's very roomy and easy to load since it sits lower than many SUVs.
    Ghurarmu shirkush’ agh azgushu. Zant ya apakurizak. Gűl-n’ anakhizak.

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Jd power "initial quality" is a joke.
    Initial quality... bragging point for a pre-mature teenager...

What you want is some long term pleasure... and staying power.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Agree, although Subaru makes a garbage vehical, no way is Ford and Ram a quality star.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I don't know.... I'd rather have shirt fall apart through wear and tear rather than having **** fall apart from the start then continue to fall apart ..... That's just me tho...

Weed
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanE View Post
    I love this. I have 2 cars - a Genesis Coupe and a Kia Sorento. #1 & #2, both with 10 year, 100,000 mile warrantees.
    +1 on the Kia Sorento. I love my 2016. It competes well in the mid sized SUV class.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoki View Post
    I don't know.... I'd rather have shirt fall apart through wear and tear rather than having **** fall apart from the start then continue to fall apart ..... That's just me tho...
    That would be great if it was actually measuring whether the car was actually falling apart. The way JD power initial quality works, a customer who brings the car in because they don't know how to connect their iphone to the infotainment screen is treated the same as one with a blown motor.

banned
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Initial quality... bragging point for a pre-mature teenager...

What you want is some long term pleasure... and staying power.
    Old bull/young bull

banned
    Mar 2017
    Fold the back seats down I can fit two bikes wheels on in the back of my 4x4 Grand Cherokee easily. Mileage is quite good, rig is comfortable, etc.,etc. It's almost 5 years old and hasn't had a single problem

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    The worst car I ever had was an '88 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (with the 4.0L engine). At first I loved it, but as it aged it developed more and more issues. I have a twenty year old Outback that has had one tenth the amount of problems that Cherokee developed.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Seriously. Subaru Forester or Outback. 1up USA bike rack on the back and you are set.

...or, if you don't want or need AWD, a Honda Accord or any Toyota will be reliable, economical, and will have good resale value (unlike Nissans, and any American model).
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Beetpull DeLite
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    ...or, if you don't want or need AWD, a Honda Accord or any Toyota will be reliable, economical, and will have good resale value (unlike Nissans, and any American model).
    Right, my '06 Altima with 150k miles and zero issues is garbage; same with my coworker's several GM & Chrysler products, all of which are >200k with minimal issues. Just junk.

Meanwhile, another coworker's '03 Accord is getting ready to dump its trans at 170k and will be needing another $750 timing belt soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy View Post
    Right, my '06 Altima with 150k miles and zero issues is garbage;
    My 94 Pathfinder continues to treat me like that too - except a nuisance transmission issue in cold weather.

IME any car can have problems, or not. I've had good luck with VWs even though many have not. Same is true with Subies, etc.

But Toulouse was simply talking about resale value, not whether any particular car is junk.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I am a bit smitten by the Kia Niro. 50mpg, with sizeable hatch area, and really low msrp. Might buy one if my 14 yr old Pathfinder ever dies. Might be annoying that they made up this 'crossover' wording when it is really just a hatchback car - hatchbacks are still 1000x better than a sedan. The KIA def have better quality than Subaru, and amazing warranty too. Base model Outback still a great value too though.

BTW a FWD car with snow tires is VASTLY better in the snow than any AWD/4wd car with all seasons. Add in peace of mind not having all that AWD complication to require future maintenance.

though I am still partial to getting around with my twin turbo V8. Highly uneconomical though, not a wagon, and won't fit a hitch darnit. E550 sedan

RoadBikeReview Member
    We bought a KIA Sorento new in 2011. Wife loves it. Zero problems, except an AC fan replaced under warranty. Great SUV, three row seating. I liked it so much that I bought a Sportage, later traded in on the KIA Forte Koup SX(turbo) that I drive. I may never buy another make; well I'd buy a Jag or a Range Rover. The KIAs are nothing but quality and super design and engineering.
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Loving View Post
    We bought a KIA Sorento new in 2011. Wife loves it. Zero problems, except an AC fan replaced under warranty. Great SUV, three row seating. I liked it so much that I bought a Sportage, later traded in on the KIA Forte Koup SX(turbo) that I drive. I may never buy another make; well I'd buy a Jag or a Range Rover. The KIAs are nothing but quality and super design and engineering.
    I'm glad they've improved a lot, I was in the car business when they first came to the U.S. and were a total POS, dare I say worse than a Yugo?
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12