Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fake President
    Saw most of the finale. Doesn't seem like the show's changed too much since the first couple of eps I caught early on... decent tension whenever zombies are on screen, still don't care about most of the characters 'cept for Reuben Blades and Kim Dickens, one notch above average writing/directing/execution pretty much down the line.

It's not bad, but it's also not good enough that I feel like I've got to go out of my way to follow it. There's a bunch of other series I need to get up to speed on/binge-watch, like Netflix's Daredevil, or Orange is the New Black, which I still haven't seen.

Oh, and Ash vs The Evil Dead, starring Bruce Campbell, which is coming to Starz in about four weeks. Hells yeah.
    Monk: I want to go like my Dad did peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJD: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism, it's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

What the Hell is going on
    In hindsight the producers "slow burn" approach to storytelling was a fail. The show would've been better if the finale was the first show of the series. Man, I haven't seen anything utterly forgettable since "The Phantom Menace". On the bright side I am itching with anticipation about "Into the Badlands".

You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

RoadBikeReview Member
    Some one let me know when this show gets interesting.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    Some one let me know when this show gets interesting.
    One thing is definite... it won't get any better or worse for about a year.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    Here's my idea for a great story line. It's kinda like "Lizzy, look at the flowers" but more mean and deliberate. Here it is: Teenagers being teenagers (self absorbed, spoiled know-it-alls) one of the parental units just gives up in trying to protect them and deliberately lets them walk into a bunch of zombies (for the teenagers own good, of course). Now that's a show I would enjoy watching.
    Man, the only cool thing in the 2nd season episode of "Fear the Walking Dead" is the military bombing LA into the stone age. Other than that, I'm really getting tired of the adults letting the teenagers get away with being teenagers. Enough is enough. Let Mr. Strand throw the girl (Alicia) overboard as an example. I dunno. Maybe it's because I don't have kids but, damn. Teenagers still be acting stupid in a zombie Apocalypse.

Misfit Toy
    Yeah, still not feeling any attachment to any of the characters. I did like the floating zombies though.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Yeah, still not feeling any attachment to any of the characters. I did like the floating zombies though.
    The one thing that's bothering me about the show (sorry, if you're gonna have boring characters and a slow burn story line my mind is gonna wander) is that how quickly the world (as they know it) has denigrated so quickly. It's been a couple of days since the fire bombing of LA and there is already lawlessness and anarchy on the high seas. And the t'weens are still self absorbed? PUHA-leeeese. Even Karl Grimes quickly grew out of the teenage rebellion stage and now he's a fine young man that might get his head bashed in by Negan. Why couldn't Negan have found a boat.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    The one thing that's bothering me about the show (sorry, if you're gonna have boring characters and a slow burn story line my mind is gonna wander) is that how quickly the world (as they know it) has denigrated so quickly. It's been a couple of days since the fire bombing of LA and there is already lawlessness and anarchy on the high seas.
    I dunno... if zombies take over the world, eat 90% of the population and the military firebombs your city, I'm pretty sure society will denigrate pretty fast. There will be no food and most people have no clue how to feed themselves without a grocery store.

And the t'weens are still self absorbed? PUHA-leeeese. Even Karl Grimes quickly grew out of the teenage rebellion stage and now he's a fine young man that might get his head bashed in by Negan. Why couldn't Negan have found a boat.
    Everyone seems pretty ignorant to how bad it really is. But remember, Karl was just a kid when it happened. He's had 5yrs to grow into it.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

off the back
    Man, the only cool thing in the 2nd season episode of "Fear the Walking Dead" is the military bombing LA into the stone age. Other than that, I'm really getting tired of the adults letting the teenagers get away with being teenagers. Enough is enough. Let Mr. Strand throw the girl (Alicia) overboard as an example. I dunno. Maybe it's because I don't have kids but, damn. Teenagers still be acting stupid in a zombie Apocalypse.
    The dumbest thing of the whole episode was that Strand still let her keep the radio after she let that guy know where they were. And you just know those guys were pirates.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    That and the apparent pirates with massive weapons on the cusp of the downfall is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    That and the apparent pirates with massive weapons on the cusp of the downfall is just lame.
    How 'bout that kid doing a Norman Bates and sleeping with his dead mother. Man, if I were that kids father I would toss him overboard and rescue him and slap him around for a bit and tell him to grow a pair-and then throw him overboard again.

Misfit Toy
    So the mom is going to be my barometer of what not to do. "We should trust Strand" Yeah.....

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    So the mom is going to be my barometer of what not to do. "We should trust Strand" Yeah.....
    After cutting the rope, the next move should be kill Strand in his sleep.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    After cutting the rope, the next move should be kill Strand in his sleep.
    I think we are still too early into the zombie apocalypse for that to happen. At this point, the thought of killing someone is probably still considered 'murdering'. Instead of 'killing' him out of the necessity of surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoscro View Post
    I think we are still too early into the zombie apocalypse for that to happen. At this point, the thought of killing someone is probably still considered 'murdering'. Instead of 'killing' him out of the necessity of surviving.
    Well, tell that to EMO Chris who murdered that dude with his spine sticking out

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Well, tell that to EMO Chris who murdered that dude with his spine sticking out
    He knew there was no hope for that guy, and the dude knew it too. That was just a favor...not a murder.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    He knew there was no hope for that guy, and the dude knew it too. That was just a favor...not a murder.
    Yea I wouldn't call that murder. That was mercy.
    For a moment I thought he was gonna puss out and leave him there.

Isn't it funny how up to the previous episode the kids were all whiney useless brats and now one episode later they all seem to get it.

Misfit Toy
    Gads I really hate these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Should I shoot?"

Gads I really hate these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Should I shoot?"
    It's really hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that the world slid into mob rules so quickly. Mr. Strand's interest in Nick, while in the penitentiary, now becomes a little bit clearer-NTTATWWT.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    I'm eating crow...I guess the crew is a little harder than I thought they were. Although from the previews, it doesn't look like the guy with the metal rod through the abdomen dies immediately, if at all.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    It's really hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that the world slid into mob rules so quickly.
    Really? I pretty much assume it's hovering just off the edge of that most of the time. And the human traits and characteristics that generally keep it from crossing that line are becoming less and less the norm.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

Misfit Toy
    I may have to rethink my hatred. Just saw last week's show back to back with this weeks -- clever move turning the walker brother over. I'm wondering if we are going to have a "Look at the flowers" moment with Chris.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    I may have to rethink my hatred. Just saw last week's show back to back with this weeks -- clever move turning the walker brother over. I'm wondering if we are going to have a "Look at the flowers" moment with Chris.
    Ha Ha, my wife said the same thing.

This was the first episode of this season that actually seemed good to me. Interesting parallel to the Herschel farm in the cellar, too.

Misfit Toy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    Ha Ha, my wife said the same thing.

This was the first episode of this season that actually seemed good to me. Interesting parallel to the Herschel farm in the cellar, too.
    I thought about Herschel's barn too!

Ah . . . mmm . . . I too might have to eat humble pie. Although I'll still be rooting for Chris the become zombie food. He's too much of an EMO kid for me to care.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast