Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    We have liquor stores with drive up windows too.

So, if I drive up to a dispensary, get out, buy dope, then bet back in my car, that's better than driving up, getting out, buying gas, then dope and getting back in my car?

biding my time
    Quote Originally Posted by harryman View Post

So, if I drive up to a dispensary, get out, buy dope, then bet back in my car, that's better than driving up, getting out, buying gas, then dope and getting back in my car?
    I dunno, man. All I can say is, if there's a marijuana drive-thru, I wanna do this:

System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by harryman View Post

WY has drive up liquor stores too. Here in MT we have beer/wine at gas stations but you have to park your car to get it. It's awesome because you can fill up your tank for the weekend ahead and grab a 6-pack and a bag of ice for the cooler without having to deal with a grocery store line/parking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Even though I don't partake of the product, I'm still enjoying the high.

The fund has traded for four sessions and has risen in each of them, including a surge of 9.9% on Monday, bringing its total rise to 17.8%.
    Positive buzz sends first marijuana ETF sharply higher in early days of trading - MarketWatch

Trader or investor? I haven't decided yet but my portfolio is enjoying the good vibes.
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

biding my time
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    Even though I don't partake of the product, I'm still enjoying the high.

Positive buzz sends first marijuana ETF sharply higher in early days of trading - MarketWatch

Trader or investor? I haven't decided yet but my portfolio is enjoying the good vibes.
    I've made a bit of money off the MJ stocks myself... but hesitated to mention it earlier, for fear of Chain blowing a gasket.

Let's face it, like it or not, legal MJ is likely here to stay. Too much tax revenue to make, and despite what a few might tell you, the sky is not really falling in states that have legalized. A few new challenges, yes, but dogs and cats living together in sin, fire falling from the sky, swarms of locusts, nope.

Plus, hey, Prohibition failed, did it not?
    System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Frog Whisperer
    I was under the impression that the MM business was essentially a cash only operation due to the fact that the proceeds could not be deposited in federally insured banks due to the illegality of the product at a federal level. Am I mistaken about that?
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I was under the impression that the MM business was essentially a cash only operation due to the fact that the proceeds could not be deposited in federally insured banks due to the illegality of the product at a federal level. Am I mistaken about that?
    The Obama admin Justice Department under Eric Holder in 2014 allowed banks to accept MM firms' money, but bankers are still hinky about doing so (cf. Why Marijuana Businesses Still Can?t Get Bank Accounts); Jeff Sessions' comments probably haven't helped this.

The index itself is run from a firm in Toronto, and one of the MM firms incorporated in the index is Scott's/Miracle-Gro.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

hello
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    I don't know how it works for you guys, but here I can buy US stocks just as easily as Canadian through my online brokerage.
    I have a brokerage acct with Etrade but that ticker symbol does not come up when entered. I've traded other ETF's on Etrade and they trade like any other stock.
    SurlySteamrollerLitespeedClassicBianchiPista
    DeanColonelSurlyLongHaulTruckerKonaKu
    LitespeedFirenzeCinelliOlympic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
    I have a brokerage acct with Etrade but that ticker symbol does not come up when entered. I've traded other ETF's on Etrade and they trade like any other stock.
    It's only traded on the TSE. If you can trade Canadian stocks on the TSE then you should be able to trade this. Different platforms use different naming systems and I don't know what eTrade are doing.

Some I've seen include - TSE:HMMJ TSX:HMMJ CA:HMMJ HMMJ:TO

I'm still up nicely but there was big profit taking this morning.

Draft decriminalization legislation goes the the Canadian Parliament this Thursday.
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12