MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!

First World problem: Please Help

One day about 20 years ago, I came home from work one afternoon, turned on the TV and caught about the last five minutes of some movie on HBO. This is as best as I can remember it. I have to know what movie this is, and it has haunted me for 20 years:

It's a frantic Scene. There is a man is trying to a lot accomplished under a time deadline or some other urgency.
    Inside a smallish, older single story white farm house with a large low front porch, He has either killed or knocked out another man, and a woman is unconscious on the couch in the living room. (Don't know the back story here)
    There is snow on the ground outside. He carries the other man to an older late 60's /early 70's car (either a cadillac or lincoln or maybe even a muscle car like a GTO or a Camaro I can't remember) and puts him in the passenger seat and drives very erratically away down a dirt road across a large field and into a forested area where he deliberately crashes the car into a tree, sets fire to the car runs back to the house to rescue the girl. (I think he loads her into another car) and as he is putting her in the car or doing something else, the car he torched explodes and the mushroom cloud of smoke rises above the trees some distance away.
    They drive past the burning hulk of the car on the dirt road and eventually turnout onto the paved highway (I think).

That's all I know, couldn't name any of the actors if my life depended on it, and it looked like a pretty good movie, or at least it ended dramatically and I would love to see it in its entirety. Please help me figure this out. Anyone?
    Wannabe Minimalist

Mehpic
    yup. i got nothing.

glad to help!
    catzilla: I wish we were all a little more invincible.

The NEGU Foundation: Caring for Courageous Kids http://www.thenegufoundation.org/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Return of the Jedi?

hold my beer n watch this

First World problem: Please Help

I remember that one.
    So no matter who you are, what you look like, or how far you think you are from your goal kit up and get started. Your friends are out there, waiting for you.

Sweet Potato Kugel

Narrowed down to three choices

Heartbreak Ridge / 1986

Highly unlikely that two Army Korean War vets would be in the Marine Corps thirty years later, especially considering that promotions are so much slower in the Marines. Clint Eastwood as an E-7 gunnery sergeant? Too old. A Marine recon unit carrying on with so little discipline and respect for superiors? Is this movie had been meant to be a farce or comedy, it might have been quasi-watchable. I rank it down there with Boys of Company C and Siege of Fire Base Gloria. (At least Gloria had some fun lines in its script.)

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker / 1988

As a fan of Michael it's killing me to make this submission. Michael has a special place in my heart but the movie dosen't cut the mustard. They have some good parts like when Katie is running to Michael and he embraces her in his arms like she's his little girl.(I love their father and daughter like relationship) Or The SEXY ending number Come Together. It shows his creativity and how he can still be a child at heart(speed demon,or his friendship with the children.)and how he can still be a responsible adult at the same time.(Him being determined to save and protect the children.)(Particularly Katie.) The story line is pretty good but a bit unusual.I adore Michael. He's a great man but the movie could have used a few quirks. Please forgive me Michael I still love you. By the way, Michael can I borrow your lucky star? Hee Hee!

Jaws 3 / 1983

Oh man this movie really STINKS! Frist of all its not even a jaws movie. Its just a whole buch of stupid special effects over and over. The mother shark looks so fake that it look like someone made clay out of it and moved it around the tv screen! and a retarded monkey can write a better plot than this! The point to the story was that there was no point! That's how bad the plot was. And just when I thought the movie can't get any worse, near the end of the movie, everybody inside the underwater coreroom sees the mother shark coming towards the glass screen. Instant of getting the hell out of there, all they do is stay there and start yelling like a buch of overgrown kids. U can also tell that the people who made this movie were lazy because at the end of the movie, u see two dolphins jump out the water. However, they are not real dolphins! There's so many flaws in this movie that it should be called Jaws Sucks!

In The 80s - The Worst Eighties Movies, Index

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Billy Bob Thornton was in a movie I enjoyed in the 90's. I remember he killed somebody and maybe some snow, but I may be confusing it with Fargo. It was a dark comedy. The death occurred out in the woods though so probably not your movie.

Darling of The Lounge
    Was it this movie?

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    Billy Bob Thornton was in a movie I enjoyed in the 90's. I remember he killed somebody and maybe some snow, but I may be confusing it with Fargo. It was a dark comedy. The death occurred out in the woods though so probably not your movie.
    I remember that one. It ends with his brother throwing money into a fire.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Fecal indicator
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    are you thinking of A Simple Plan?...had Bill Paxton and Bridgette Fonda in it. some guys find a crashed plane full of drug money...

wouldn't really call that one a 'comedy'...
    eff all y'all...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    "the girl that kicked the hornet's nest"
    "the Bourne supremacy"
    and "the time machine" to get you back around 18yrs....

There!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hopscotch

Walter Matthau plays a CIA agent who's been confined by office politics to a desk job. The disgruntled Matthau quits the service and heads to Europe, where he links up with former lover (an fellow ex-agent) Glenda Jackson. All goes smoothly until Matthau acts on the advice of yet another retired agent, Russian Herbert Lom, who suggests that Matthau write a tell-all autobiography. Spitefully, Matthau sends out copies of his first chapter to the heads of the CIA agencies throughout the world--and from that point on, he and Jackson don't have a moment's peace. This delights Matthau: now that all of his former colleagues are chasing after him, he has a reason to get up in the morning. As written by Brian Garfield, Hopscotch was a conventionally serious espionage novel. As adapted for the big screen by Garfield and Bryan Forbes, Hopscotch is a lively exercise in cloak-and-dagger comedy, even when the pursuit of Matthau turns deadly towards the end.

If I didn't bicycle when the weather is bad... I wouldn't be a cyclist. I'd just be another old fat man... with a bicycle hanging in his garage.

Urban Cycling.... Overcome your fears (a YouTube Link).
    Learn to cycle in traffic
    Or... just HTFU

Fred the Clydesdale
    Was it Charade?
    Member of Team Collin, a group of ordinary moreons going to extraordinary levels of awesome in the fight against cancer.

Love conquers all. God is love. Jesus is love personified. Figure it out.

waterproof*
    my guess is on "a simple plan" > Coen brothers, same guys who did Fargo
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    my guess is on "a simple plan" > Coen brothers, same guys who did Fargo
    please note I never watched the ending of "a simple plan" because I could not stomach all the violence that preceded it
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.