Lets Go Hokies!!!

foo fighters on fuse

So we've got this semi-music channel called fuse on our FIOS. Every so often they have a good show on about a band or something.

I was channel surfing tonight and they are showing a Foo Fighters concert from MSG. You know how sometimes you like a band then you hear them live and think "D*mn what was I thinking?" Thats so NOT the case with Foo. I really, really want them to announce a DC show now.

Granted I'm a fan of the band going into it, otherwise I never would have turned it on, but its really, really good. Very crowd interactive, good mix of old v new music, acoustic v electric.

If anyone else has fuse, I highly recommend turning this on. Its only on for another 15 min though.

Just thought I'd share the highlight of my evening. Ran 5 miles with the dog, made a venison roast for dinner, and helped the hubby install and wire a ceiling fan. Long day.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

Palm trees & sunshine!
    I've really come to like those guys a lot over the past year. Wouldn't mind seeing them at all.

supervillain

Grey Manrod
    They strike me as a "singles" band - they can't seem to put an album that is solid throughout.

The Pretender is rawking me foice right now. Good music for the trainer.

Done with winter.
    I have to try to catch it next time it's on... tvguide says it's repeating a few times this week:
    Wednesday @ 2pm, Thursday @ 9pm, Friday @ 5pm, and Sunday @ 10am... all times Pacific Standard time.

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    brick, do you have the colour and the shape? came out in like 1997. they just released a special 10th anniversary edition. imho, its a fantastic album. I love pretty much every song, and that doesn't usually happen with me.

also, if you like live shows, their album skin and bones rocks. its all acoustic and live. different take on the songs you already know. pretty cool.

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by asterisk
    I have to try to catch it next time it's on... tvguide says it's repeating a few times this week:
    Wednesday @ 2pm, Thursday @ 9pm, Friday @ 5pm, and Sunday @ 10am... all times Pacific Standard time.
    yeah the foo website has a big thing on the front page with all the showings.

Grey Manrod
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRider
    brick, do you have the colour and the shape? came out in like 1997. they just released a special 10th anniversary edition. imho, its a fantastic album. I love pretty much every song, and that doesn't usually happen with me.

also, if you like live shows, their album skin and bones rocks. its all acoustic and live. different take on the songs you already know. pretty cool.
    I'll go back and re-visit color and shape. Not much of a fan of their acoustic stuff.

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland
    They strike me as a "singles" band - they can't seem to put an album that is solid throughout.

The Pretender is rawking me foice right now. Good music for the trainer.

I think the new disc is pretty solid.

Pretender kicks ass. DOA is still my favorite from them though.

supervillain

No team-cest unless 8+!
    yeah. +1 on the Color and the Shape. not just a "singles" album.

ab aeterno
    There first three albums were not just singles albums. AFter that they became just singles, but they are great to see live. They are the best large audience band. There are better bands to see at small venues, but their the best big act.