Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    IAs for Subaru I won't ever buy one unless I lose my job and can't afford a decent vehicle over $25k. I don't understand the hype, I drove a 2017 as a rental and it was noisy, slow, and the interior seemed dated.
    It's simple really. In the case of myself, and the half dozen or so friends with Subarus...

- "Noisy" is relative to whatever you're coming out of and not at all a concern if you're driving dirt roads.

- "Cheap interior" see above. If that helps keeps the cost of the car down to $25k that's just fine.

- Don't need a fast car. No need to speed onto freeway on ramps in rural places and in-town speed limits are easy to attain by anything with an engine.

- Do need something capable of mild-moderate offroad without the mileage/handling penalty of a truck or SUV.

- Could be hype but, among AWD cars, Subies have a reputation for being pretty darn surefooted. I often see them at snowy trailheads where they are the only non-4X4 in the lot.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
    I rent a lot of different cars too. Most are horrible. Some of the worst include the Ford Explorer, Jeep Compass, but I also hated the new 4Runner I rented also. All the midsize domestics and Kias were horrible to drive, weird heavy steering feel. But the Ford Mustang was the worst of all. So I usually insist on getting the smallest cars in the fleet.

the best rental car I've had in the past 5 years? A Ford Fiesta. This was in Italy. It was the largest car a person could reasonably use in that country, and it was a HOOT! and came in manual ,as all rentals should, lol. I'd go for a used Fiesta 5sp as a runabout in a heartbeat (my other cars are lumbering v8 powered things)
    Kias have the worst bump steer of any car I've driven. Worse than my truck even, and way worse than even the 1st gen MR2
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    ...and came in manual ,as all rentals should
    Whaddya trying to do, kill off an industry? Car rentals would become non-existent.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567