Spicy Dumpling

Friday Morning, A Sea of Maroon and Orange

I put on my Tech shirt for today and expected a few folks at work to be wearing VT colors when I arrived. I've seen over 20 co-workers and only one of them was not wearing a Tech Shirt or something in Tech colors. It made me choke up a bit when everyone around me was drressed in Hokie colors. Most drivers were wearing the colors on the way to work as well. I'm hoping today will make things at least a little better and help the tears dry a bit.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    I usually have to wear a boring park ranger uniform, but today I'm sporting my bright orange VT sweatshirt. Got a Tech football T underneath for when it gets warm.

Hokie Nation is strong today.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!
    A few folks here are wearing the old maroon and orange effect this morning, someone brought some homemade ribbons for those who aren't. My wife stopped on her way home last night and bought me a new maroon shirt and nice orange tie that I'm wearing this morning. God Bless VA Tech. Our prayers are with You!
    Wannabe Minimalist

Spicy Dumpling
    My wife bought my shirt a couple of days ago when I mentioned todays plan. I have a VT denim shirt with a small logo, I wanted the colors to show. She came through for me.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

Seat's not level
    I'm all the way out here in Colorado, but I'm wearing a maroon shirt today.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

AIE
    midnight melon mounter
    God bless VT. God damn those are awful colors.

Go Blue
    No uniforms today at my daughters' school -- just a request that everyone wear maroon and/or orange. I am wearing a maroon shirt with an orange t-shirt underneath. Although the organge t-shirt is not a VT one, it is close enough for me. It is the t-shirt from last year's Wilderness Road Ride in Southwestern Virginia (i.e., the Saturday prelude to the Mountains of Misery).
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

i like whiskey
    I am wearing an orange Polo today. I had no idea that today was the orange and maroon day. I just thought orange was a good color for today and I had to dig it out of my shirt pile to wear it. It's not like it was on top. Creepy, but cool.

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    A-in-E....the old school colors, back in the very early 1900s, were black and grey. All uniforms for sports teams were horizontal stripes. Students complained about looking like prisoners. So the school got together and chose two colors that at that point were not anyone elses colors anywhere in the country. Technically the colors are Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange. Oddly enough, Susquehanna University in PA have the same colors now.

Useless, yet in my head anyway.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

AYHCSMB etc.
    maroon button down, orange tshirt underneath. all the way from SW TN.

sadly haven't seen many others...
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Got my orange tie on, and I sent out an e-mail and a lot of people here are orance and maroon. I was going to try to find a maroon suit, but I was afraid people would think I was Michael Irvin...
    DFL>DNF>DNS

By the time you get home you won't remember why you didn't want to get off the couch.
    ---Val Garou

RoadBikeReview Member
    Orange polo and maroon sweater out here in Silicon Valley. Godspeed Hokies...