Thread: Fwiw-nnc

Frog Whisperer

Fwiw-nnc

over 2800 for the ytd, that is all. 49.74 today today, would have been 50 even if I turned my gps on for the trip up and down the driveway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fwiw-nnc-capture.jpg  
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice work! I need to get a road/touring bike; the fixie-turned-commuter won't do for long rides over mountains.........like a tour I have coming up this weekend.......only 25 miles but at least one big hill, guess the hardtail will have to be the bike of choice.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Nice work! I need to get a road/touring bike; the fixie-turned-commuter won't do for long rides over mountains.........like a tour I have coming up this weekend.......only 25 miles but at least one big hill, guess the hardtail will have to be the bike of choice.
    N+1= ????? Why yes, you need a new bike!

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Skip the touring bike unless you plan to do multi-day self supported tours (F & R panniers). They tend to weigh a ton.

Get a nice gravel bike with disc's. They typically come with a 11-32 cassette and compact double crank that'll get you up most hills. Then put 28mm tires on it, maybe 32's if you like plush. You can run these tires at 60 psi or so, makes for a nice ride and you can go down a dirt road in Vermont when you so desire.

As BTW watch for sales at REI out in Long Island, they have sales every once in a while and have nice house brand stuff at reasonable prices. As well, Brands out in Wantagh has their huge fall sale in Oct., always good deals, their website lets you know their inventory.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    Skip the touring bike unless you plan to do multi-day self supported tours (F & R panniers). They tend to weigh a ton.

Get a nice gravel bike with disc's. They typically come with a 11-32 cassette and compact double crank that'll get you up most hills. Then put 28mm tires on it, maybe 32's if you like plush. You can run these tires at 60 psi or so, makes for a nice ride and you can go down a dirt road in Vermont when you so desire.

As BTW watch for sales at REI out in Long Island, they have sales every once in a while and have nice house brand stuff at reasonable prices. As well, Brands out in Wantagh has their huge fall sale in Oct., always good deals, their website lets you know their inventory.
    going DOWN a dirt road??? DOWN????????? Climbing is where its at! LOL Last saturday I was riding with a buddy and my exclusive goal was to try to set a personal record on a hill series segment (Strava). That is difficult around here because all the boys and girls ride out of the TreK plant on their lunch hours INCLUDING a lot of "guest" riders. I just absolutely hammered and stopped to wait for my friend (72 and rides a recumbent). Anyhow, I stopped too soon and screwed up the time on the segment royally. So sunday morning I went out to do it again (50 miles on saturday). I hit the hills as hard as I could and set a personal record and much to my surprise, placed 156 out of 306 riders! I was pleased....finished off the day with about 27 and pretty much shredded my legs. Monday was a rest day!