Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Great White North
    Started season one last night, really good so far. Tyrion character is really well done, as is the ass prince Joffrey. I've read the first three books, so it was pretty easy to follow along. It's been a few months or a year since I finished the books, so I can't recall major differences, but the story line is right on with the books as far as I can recall.

Watching them on HBO Go, which is awesome so far. Most of season two is up too, looking forward to that.

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good, eh!

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoki View Post
    Use Putlocker or Sockshare, they are the best links!

I can't seem to get myself into this show. I've tried and put me to sleep within 10 mins.

You should try give Once Upon A Time a try. I don't watch a lot of tv but, this was pretty good.
    I dunno... Once Upon A Time looks pretty good, but it also seems like it'd probably be 'fantasy lite', as you'd expect from the venue.

Network TV vs premium cable? C'mon.
    System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Fake President
    Well, thanks to illegal sites and Keoki, I'm fully caught up. Have only to wait for the Season 2 finale, which is this Sunday.

Having now seen it, I don't think I agree at all with the ppl who say Season 2 is 'vastly superior' to Season 1.

More like 'as good', but with 'more stuff'. As in, just a dizzying array of people, places, and plots.

This is awesome in a way, as you're now getting a much more fleshed-out world (which is something J.R.R. Tolkein's books did so well, for instance, and which made him the 'gold standard' in fantasy).

But it's also kinda bad in that since airtime is split among SO MANY character and subplots, none of the individual subplots tend to progress very fast. In fact, some, like Daenerys' and Jon Snow's, seem to be moving at a relative snail's pace at times.

It's not a TERRIBLE thing, per se, as this is pretty frickin' nice world to get lost in. And they did resolve some stuff in the penultimate episode of S2, with the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Which was also A Game of Thrones FINALLY giving us a big, bad 'Braveheart'-type battle scene (albeit partly on water), instead of their usual 'you just get to see the aftermath' cop-out, which they did several times in S2 for budget reasons.

I dunno, HBO... it's certainly a very good show, but you're going to have to give us more stuff like that if you want us to stick around for the next five seasons or whatever you're planning.

And yes, of course, Tyrion was brilliant in the episode. Peter Dinklage pwns j00.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I always see it in the top torrents on demoniod, so am aware that it exists, but I have never tried watching it yet!

RoadBikeReview Member
    You had me at Peter Dinklage. Too bad we don't have HBO! Might have to follow that link....

But I don't have the patience to get immersed in a series. When I started following The Sopranos, they had to take a season off, and then I forgot to tune in when they came back, so I was thrown off.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    And they did resolve some stuff in the penultimate episode of S2, with the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Which was also A Game of Thrones FINALLY giving us a big, bad 'Braveheart'-type battle scene (albeit partly on water), instead of their usual 'you just get to see the aftermath' cop-out, which they did several times in S2 for budget reasons.
    They have most battles off camera OR at night for budget reasons. You don't have to CGI stuff you can't see.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

DEK
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PlasticMotif View Post
    the books are better
    I tried to read the 1st book. I really did. But after almost 300 pages I was BORED OUT OF MY MIND! I kept thinking "Ok, when does something actually happen?" I just couldn't do it. I haven't tried the TV show but maybe I'll give that a go.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    I read all the books before I saw the show.....to me the shows are only OK.

Whover said you end up liking characters you started out hating and vice versa.....good summary.

The books are coming out at a snails pace a la wheel of time.....but they have proved to be worth the wait. I'm still trying to figure out the end game. The last scene in the last book blew my mind and was totally unexpected.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    They have most battles off camera OR at night for budget reasons. You don't have to CGI stuff you can't see.
    Yah, I know. But I'm okay with the big battles happening at night, so long as we got "x thousand guys fighting x thousand guys gargle bargle FREEEEEEDOM gargle bargle let slip the dogs of war! bargle CHAAAAAAARRGE!!!!! *utter chaos ensues*".

And y'know, don't tell me you don't feel the cop-out thing when, up 'til S2E9, they keep NEVER showing you the big battles. It's one of those things you can get away with a few times, but after awhile, the audience smacks its collective forehead and goes, "C'MON!!!".

And yes, I say this as someone who enjoys AGOT for far more than the spectacle.
    You kinda have to, the way they're doing it.

(but LOTR/The Battle of Minas Tirith comparisons are inevitable)
    Last edited by SystemShock; 06-01-2012 at 10:15 AM.

your text here
    i have to disagree with the people upset that we dont see battle scenes. i like not seeing them. i find battle scenes are done to death (HA!), and they actually kind of bore me. nowadays there is way too much cgi in them. i think what they have done, even if it is due to budgeting, is the right thing. we dont see much large fighting, so when we do it is good. plus it is not millions of people.

thats the other thing; i also dont like the thousands upon thousands of soldiers they show in most "epic" battle sequences. in that claptrap "troy" they showed like 10,000 ships. whatever.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed View Post
    i have to disagree with the people upset that we dont see battle scenes. i like not seeing them.
    I'm okay with a lot of big battle scenes going unseen... just not ALL of them.

Because then it's like, "Do big battles actually ever happen in this world, or do ppl just stand around talking about them afterwards?". Hmm.

At some point, ducking the big battle scene becomes sort of self-parodying. They've ducked it for nearly two seasons now, that was long enough.

I do agree that they're hard to do well. I don't think the Blackwater battle would've been nearly as good without Tyrion being front n' center.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Well, thanks to some sites, I'm fully caught up. Have only to wait for the Season 2 finale, which is this Sunday.

Having now seen it, I don't think I agree at all with the ppl who say Season 2 is 'vastly superior' to Season 1.

More like 'as good', but with 'more stuff'. As in, just a dizzying array of people, places, and plots.

This is awesome in a way, as you're now getting a much more fleshed-out world (which is something J.R.R. Tolkein's books did so well, for instance, and which made him the 'gold standard' in fantasy).

But it's also kinda bad in that since airtime is split among SO MANY character and subplots, none of the individual subplots tend to progress very fast. In fact, some, like Daenerys' and Jon Snow's, seem to be moving at a relative snail's pace at times.

It's not a TERRIBLE thing, per se, as this is pretty frickin' nice world to get lost in. And they did resolve some stuff in the penultimate episode of S2, with the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Which was also A Game of Thrones FINALLY giving us a big, bad 'Braveheart'-type battle scene (albeit partly on water), instead of their usual 'you just get to see the aftermath' cop-out, which they did several times in S2 for budget reasons.

I dunno, HBO... it's certainly a very good show, but you're going to have to give us more stuff like that if you want us to stick around for the next five seasons or whatever you're planning.

And yes, of course, Tyrion was brilliant in the episode. Peter Dinklage pwns j00.
    Fixed it for you.

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed View Post
    i have to disagree with the people upset that we dont see battle scenes. i like not seeing them. i find battle scenes are done to death (HA!), and they actually kind of bore me. nowadays there is way too much cgi in them. i think what they have done, even if it is due to budgeting, is the right thing. we dont see much large fighting, so when we do it is good. plus it is not millions of people.

thats the other thing; i also dont like the thousands upon thousands of soldiers they show in most "epic" battle sequences. in that claptrap "troy" they showed like 10,000 ships. whatever.
    I'm good with this too. The occasional battle scene is good, like this last week's episode, but I mean, still, it was only a very brief, narrowly focused look at one part of the battle, and then, bam, Tywin and his men riode in, "the battles over, we've won" and that's it.

For me, the joy in Game of Thrones is the dialogue. Take the episode a couple weeks ago, where practically nothing happened. But oooooh, what great scenes we had, with actors just chewing great dialogue. Every scene with Jon Snow and the wildling girl, Tywin and Arya, and best of all, the Kingslayer and his cousin in the cage. It's like The Wire in that way. Smart, literate, you have to pay attention to follow along and understand what's going on.

And there's always a great quotable line or two in every episode. "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!!!!" Or, see my sig line.

The sets and scenery are great as well.

Edit: it's being re-run on one of the HBO channels this very minute.
    Last edited by rufus; 06-01-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

Banned forever.....or not
    Meh, I've been watching it, online, and it's not terrible, but it reminds me how Great Deadwood was.
    Nothing has been as good as Deadwood.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    But he's getting away with it.

In fact, he's even being called "the American Tolkein", and by sober-minded ppl too. Pretty hard to think of higher praise than that for a writer in the fantasy genre. Except for...

...some are even saying he's "better than Tolkein". I don't know about that. Seems like that gets said of a fantasy writer every once in awhile, and it never quite winds up being true.

It's like saying there's a better running back than Jim Brown. There will never be a better running back than Jim Brown.
    What creeps me out about GRRM is his penchant for sexualizing 14 year olds. In and of itself, there are a million reasons why 14 was once a dividing line between innocence and the loss thereof--but then you look at his picture on the inside of the book sleeve and you can't help but feel that this guy might drive a panel van advertising free candy on the side

you can't directly compare tolkein and martin. for one, tolkein's writing style is a completely different monster--but stylistic differences aside, once GRRM develops an entirely new language and a few dialects (Tolkein's appendices on elvish linguistics borders on madness) as well as 2 entire collections of assorted writings that take up 2500 pages published posthumously that mostly serve as back stories to back stories (Book of Lost Tales I & II), then he might be on the level. What makes Tolkein special, in my mind, is the sheer depth and breadth of the worlds he created, from the supernatural to minutiae.

with "a song of fire and ice", there are plenty of opportunities to greatly expand on the history of westeros or other regions (how many cool stories could be written about the targaryens or the old world full of dragons, or the children of the forest, etc), but i doubt martin will ever finish any supplementary histories or flesh out the rest of the world more since it takes him 6 years to write 1 book.

Quote Originally Posted by Len J View Post
    I read all the books before I saw the show.....to me the shows are only OK.

Whover said you end up liking characters you started out hating and vice versa.....good summary.

The books are coming out at a snails pace a la wheel of time.....but they have proved to be worth the wait. I'm still trying to figure out the end game. The last scene in the last book blew my mind and was totally unexpected.

Len
    I'm impatiently waiting on book 6, if it ever comes out.

the shows do a pretty good job as far as adaptations go. The casting is pitch perfect, with Danaerys, Jamie, Ned, Robert Baratheon, Jon Snow, Cersei, Shae and of course, Tyrion--being good to perfect choices.

for the TV only fans of the show, all i have to say is be prepared to be disappointed, heartbroken, or utterly shocked.

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by charlox5 View Post
    What creeps me out about GRRM is his penchant for sexualizing 14 year olds..
    Well, I must admit to having a bit of a crush on Arya.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by charlox5
    What creeps me out about GRRM is his penchant for sexualizing 14 year olds..
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Well, I must admit to having a bit of a crush on Arya.

Well, this thread certainly took a hard left turn...

Fake President
    Saw the Season2 finale. Quite good.

They finally moved the chains pretty far forward on the Daenerys and Jon Snow subplots, and everything else seemed to work as well.

S3's only nine months away. Whee.

Fake President
    I'm good with this too. The occasional battle scene is good, like this last week's episode, but I mean, still, it was only a very brief, narrowly focused look at one part of the battle, and then, bam, Tywin and his men riode in, "the battles over, we've won" and that's it.
    Huh? Battle scenes took up most of the episode.
    Some of them were suspense/talking/anticipation, but still.

And they BLEW UP HALF OF STANNIS' FLEET! C'mon.

For me, the joy in Game of Thrones is the dialogue. Take the episode a couple weeks ago, where practically nothing happened. But oooooh, what great scenes we had, with actors just chewing great dialogue. Every scene with Jon Snow and the wildling girl, Tywin and Arya, and best of all, the Kingslayer and his cousin in the cage. It's like The Wire in that way. Smart, literate, you have to pay attention to follow along and understand what's going on.

And there's always a great quotable line or two in every episode. "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!!!!" Or, see my sig line.
    I loves me some dialogue. That said, in a fantasy-themed TV series or film, every once in awhile one must kick some epic arse.

The showrunners appear to agree... they've said they really really wanted to actually *show* The Battle of Blackwater, rather than just talk about it, and they scrimped and saved to have the money to do so, and STILL had to go back to HBO and beg for some more:

David [Benioff]: For the second season, we knew that we really wanted to show the Battle of the Blackwater—a version of the battle, we couldn’t do it exactly as it is in the books because it would have meant months of shooting time and $50 million we didn’t have—but we wanted to show a battle rather than do another off-screen one.

Sometimes we’ll be forced to do that, but in this season it all really builds toward the Battle of the Blackwater and so many of the storylines coalesce around that battle, so to do it all offscreen or have Lancel Lannister reporting to Cersei in Maegor’s Holdfast about what’s going on outside without showing it was something we didn’t want.

So we tried to protect it, meaning that we preserved time in the schedule for it and to preserve enough dollars for it… and also to go back to HBO to beg for more money because we realized we didn’t have enough to do it. And even the version we had wasn’t as grand as in the books.

Dan ['DB' Weiss]: HBO was very generous when we held out our hats.

It's a very good interview, btw:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features..._and_Dan_Weiss

Alien Musician
    Yeah, I figure the season ending would have to have something that would clobber you on the head. The ending did not dissappoint.
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

off the back
    It appears that next season we can merge the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead threads.

chica cyclista
    Feb 2004
    oh hai, GoT lovers (and others); some clarification. A good friend and drinking buddy of ours just happens to be GRRM's niece and personal assistant. When she's in Boulder hanging out with the Chaos clan, and not in Santa Fe running herd on her uncle, we get some insights. Things like:

-- HBO was going to cut the big "epic" Battle of the Blackwater entirely in S2, leaving it all to exposition / offscreen, and just have a small fight scene at the Mud Gate. Reason? $$$$. You simply cannot compare the budget for a FEATURE LENGTH MOVIE (LoTR) to a single TV show episode. You just can't. Fortunately the producer (same guy btw who did armor and costume / character art for LoTR) said "you simply cannot get away with that, you HAVE to have a naval battle, it's what hinges the plot, etc or else the readers and critics alike will effing crucify you" -- so HBO caved in and gave them an INSANE amount of budget for just those five minutes of film. I wonder how many armchair producers out there actually understand how freaking expensive it is to shoot (of all things) a NAVAL battle on film. it's OMGWTFBBQ expensive, that's what. There's a reason nobody in Hollywood ever wants to do it. So ok yea they cut it down from like 30 hulks filled with wildfire to just one, and skipped the chain boom and a lot of other things, but by buddha, we got our naval battle scene, with some freaky big assplosions, probably over the dead bodies of a fair number of Hollywood bean counters, btw.

-- GRRM himself is not actually a paedophile, pederast, or whatever else you're thinking. I've met him in person, he's a pretty normal mild mannered beardy pedantic beer drinking dude who likes to fiddle around in the garden and has a couple of cats and a really cool wife who's also an artist. Thing is, the guy is highly educated in medieval history, which is where you get all the marriages and fooling around and suchlike between tweens. Those 14th century folk married their girl kids off ultra, ultra young - a noble daughter was a liability the longer she remained unmarried, as her only value was in her "purity" (nttawwt) hence she had to be essentially sold off before she was "spoiled"; otherwise she was shipped off to a convent. That was a basic fact, and they didn't view it as creepy; it was purely good sense. And in fact, GRRM worked with the HBO crew to intentionally "age" the child characters out by several years in some cases just so the modern sensibilities of the viewers weren't squicked out by this. You see it in Sansa's scenes - a girl was considered marriagable the moment she "flowered" (had her first period), which happens generally between the ages of 11 to 13. Ew, right? Well yea, but they didn't have the Pill back in the day, so they had to get her knocked up by a legitimately wealthy husband before the baker's boy got at her.

-- GoT itself is generally based on the War of the Roses, with a little bit of dragons-and-zombies-oh-my thrown in for spice. That's deliberate. GRRM wanted to base the skeleton of his plot on something realistic, and so you'll see quite a few similarities between the Lannisters (in GoT) and the Lancasters (War of the Roses), the Starks (GoT) vs. the Yorks (WotR) and so on. Later on as the series continues if you're well versed in theological history, you'll also see some parallel references to some of the more militant Christian sects (no spoilers) and Middle Eastern religious cults as well.

-- GRRM wrote GoT in part as a mental break to get AWAY from the limitations of screenwriting. He has frequently gone on record saying it is "unfilmable" in its raw state, as he never actually intended it to become a screenplay, much less a TV series. That it is, is a testament to his skill. He does much of the backstage script consulting, and has committed to writing the screenplays to at least 1 to 2 episodes per season.

-- Because of this, A Game of Thrones (the TV series) and A Song of Ice and Fire (the book series) will have to diverge somewhat in structure, pacing, content, etc. This is intentional, and GRRM is probably the best person to manage it gracefully, seeing as his first and most successful career is as a screenwriter for series TV romance / fiction. Central plots and themes will remain, and I highly doubt you'll see characters survive that were killed off in the books, etc. (meaning, nothing major will change) but in the end the 2 will have to be separate stand alone entities, owing to the limitations of series TV media, the psychology of subjecting viewers to such a convoluted set of plot/characters, budgets, etc. You've already seen this in small ways with things like Roose Bolton being substituted for Tywin Lannister at Harrenhal, Asha Greyjoy's name being changed to Yara (to avoid confusion with Osha the Wilding), etc.

last and most interestingly, our friend Raya (George's niece) has long suspected that Arya is an anagram of her own name. The character definitely fits. She is a fairly successful artist and comic book illustrator IRL, besides PAing for her uncle as a day job.

The More You Know (TM)
    Grandpa LFR: "Kid, don't wrestle with pigs; you'll just get covered in crap, and the pig enjoys it."

/Grandpa LFR

A whole beans kind of guy
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    -- GRRM himself is not actually a paedophile, pederast, or whatever else you're thinking. I've met him in person, he's a pretty normal mild mannered beardy pedantic beer drinking dude who likes to fiddle around in the garden and has a couple of cats and a really cool wife who's also an artist.
    I'd have been more interested in name dropping stories if they included you using the opportunity (upon meeting GRRM) to jolt him in the kidney with a tazer and telling him to get a move on with the books....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    oh hai, GoT lovers (and others); some clarification. A good friend and drinking buddy of ours just happens to be GRRM's niece and personal assistant. When she's in Boulder hanging out with the Chaos clan, and not in Santa Fe running herd on her uncle, we get some insights. Things like:

-- HBO was going to cut the big "epic" Battle of the Blackwater entirely in S2, leaving it all to exposition / offscreen, and just have a small fight scene at the Mud Gate. Reason? $$$$. You simply cannot compare the budget for a FEATURE LENGTH MOVIE (LoTR) to a single TV show episode. You just can't. Fortunately the producer (same guy btw who did armor and costume / character art for LoTR) said "you simply cannot get away with that, you HAVE to have a naval battle, it's what hinges the plot, etc or else the readers and critics alike will effing crucify you" -- so HBO caved in and gave them an INSANE amount of budget for just those five minutes of film. I wonder how many armchair producers out there actually understand how freaking expensive it is to shoot (of all things) a NAVAL battle on film. it's OMGWTFBBQ expensive, that's what. There's a reason nobody in Hollywood ever wants to do it. So ok yea they cut it down from like 30 hulks filled with wildfire to just one, and skipped the chain boom and a lot of other things, but by buddha, we got our naval battle scene, with some freaky big assplosions, probably over the dead bodies of a fair number of Hollywood bean counters, btw.

-- GRRM himself is not actually a paedophile, pederast, or whatever else you're thinking. I've met him in person, he's a pretty normal mild mannered beardy pedantic beer drinking dude who likes to fiddle around in the garden and has a couple of cats and a really cool wife who's also an artist. Thing is, the guy is highly educated in medieval history, which is where you get all the marriages and fooling around and suchlike between tweens. Those 14th century folk married their girl kids off ultra, ultra young - a noble daughter was a liability the longer she remained unmarried, as her only value was in her "purity" (nttawwt) hence she had to be essentially sold off before she was "spoiled"; otherwise she was shipped off to a convent. That was a basic fact, and they didn't view it as creepy; it was purely good sense. And in fact, GRRM worked with the HBO crew to intentionally "age" the child characters out by several years in some cases just so the modern sensibilities of the viewers weren't squicked out by this. You see it in Sansa's scenes - a girl was considered marriagable the moment she "flowered" (had her first period), which happens generally between the ages of 11 to 13. Ew, right? Well yea, but they didn't have the Pill back in the day, so they had to get her knocked up by a legitimately wealthy husband before the baker's boy got at her.

-- GoT itself is generally based on the War of the Roses, with a little bit of dragons-and-zombies-oh-my thrown in for spice. That's deliberate. GRRM wanted to base the skeleton of his plot on something realistic, and so you'll see quite a few similarities between the Lannisters (in GoT) and the Lancasters (War of the Roses), the Starks (GoT) vs. the Yorks (WotR) and so on. Later on as the series continues if you're well versed in theological history, you'll also see some parallel references to some of the more militant Christian sects (no spoilers) and Middle Eastern religious cults as well.

-- GRRM wrote GoT in part as a mental break to get AWAY from the limitations of screenwriting. He has frequently gone on record saying it is "unfilmable" in its raw state, as he never actually intended it to become a screenplay, much less a TV series. That it is, is a testament to his skill. He does much of the backstage script consulting, and has committed to writing the screenplays to at least 1 to 2 episodes per season.

-- Because of this, A Game of Thrones (the TV series) and A Song of Ice and Fire (the book series) will have to diverge somewhat in structure, pacing, content, etc. This is intentional, and GRRM is probably the best person to manage it gracefully, seeing as his first and most successful career is as a screenwriter for series TV romance / fiction. Central plots and themes will remain, and I highly doubt you'll see characters survive that were killed off in the books, etc. (meaning, nothing major will change) but in the end the 2 will have to be separate stand alone entities, owing to the limitations of series TV media, the psychology of subjecting viewers to such a convoluted set of plot/characters, budgets, etc. You've already seen this in small ways with things like Roose Bolton being substituted for Tywin Lannister at Harrenhal, Asha Greyjoy's name being changed to Yara (to avoid confusion with Osha the Wilding), etc.

last and most interestingly, our friend Raya (George's niece) has long suspected that Arya is an anagram of her own name. The character definitely fits. She is a fairly successful artist and comic book illustrator IRL, besides PAing for her uncle as a day job.

The More You Know (TM)
    Very cool insider info.

for the record i never meant to imply that GRRM was a pedophile, more of a joke to make light of how book jacket pictures never look right :P

for what it's worth i've enjoyed the books immensely, but as long as you've got access, tell him to hurry the hell up with book 6

Fake President
    It appears that next season we can merge the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead threads.
    Doubtful. Ppl on RBR actually like AGOT, whereas The Walking Dead exists to be nitpicked and denigrated by ppl in a voice resembling that of Comic Shop Guy:

"Worst. episode. EVER."

(Said of every episode of TWD, yet everyone here keeps watching it. Go figure).

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast