ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Gatorade System drinks, anyone try?

today after my ride I tried one of the recovery phase drinks from Gatorade. It was tasty. It seemed to reduce the so called recovery curve. Mind you this was just an early season training type ride, nothing strenuous, 80% of max type ride for 20 miles, no big hills. Whether the feel was real or just placebo i'll never know.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's decent, and I say that without any quantifiable data. All I can make out is that "Prime" is one of the best tasting things I can put in my mouth before a ride, the "Perform" is utterly refreshing to as always, and "Recover" is decent to the senses.

I won't hold anything against Gatorade, I mean with its history and all, but I don't find their before and after stuff doing exceptional things.

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruck
    It's decent, and I say that without any quantifiable data. All I can make out is that "Prime" is one of the best tasting things I can put in my mouth before a ride, the "Perform" is utterly refreshing to as always, and "Recover" is decent to the senses.

I won't hold anything against Gatorade, I mean with its history and all, but I don't find their before and after stuff doing exceptional things.
    K0adddddd....
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

Anti-Hero
    It's quickly absorbed calories. You could eat a pack of skittles & have the same benefit of getting carbohydrates to the muscles.
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Hmmmmm....

I don't recall there being any hydrolyzed whey protein in skittles. 14 grams of carb. 54 in a can of coke. Little pricey at $2 a pop, I wonder how that compares to Accelerade or other pricey mixes. I kinda thought about the specialty drinks after "recovering" a Gatorade Nutritional chocolate shake, part of the Performance series line which I have never seen on grociers shelves.

Is this possibly the equivalent of citrus flavored chocolate milk? I'd have to look at a label for comparison, don't have one on hand.

Jun 2005
    Try beer for optimal recovery.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/3467

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by ARP
    Little pricey at $2 a pop, I wonder how that compares to Accelerade or other pricey mixes. I kinda thought about the specialty drinks after "recovering" a Gatorade Nutritional chocolate shake, part of the Performance series line which I have never seen on grociers shelves.

Is this possibly the equivalent of citrus flavored chocolate milk? I'd have to look at a label for comparison, don't have one on hand.

Gatorade recover, 8oz, 60 cal, 8g protein. 6g simple carbs +1g other carb. 120mg sodium, 45mg potassium. 4% of daily calcium.

Skim milk, 91 cal, 8.7g protein, 12.3g simple carbs. 130mg sodium, 419mg potassium. Close to 33% daily calcium (@1000mg per day)
    Stout beers under trees, please.