Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bacon!

Go Ahead and Objectify Those Womenz, It's our Genetic Right!

Study: Brain Objectifies Women As Body Parts, Men As Whole « CBS St. Louis

From this point on I don't want any more complaints or post deletions because of the objectification of women and their parts. It's just being "human".
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

12 strings, no waiting
    If the photo that accompanies the article is the subject of the study, then all I have to say is that her parts are pretty hot.

Glue Sniffer
    Of course humans are programmed to see men as a whole--testicles were definitely not designed to be viewed on their own.
    Cats just don't feel safe on a moving bicycle, no matter how much duct tape you use.

Yup, I've geeked out and started a blog: www.adventuresinprocreating.blogspot.com

2 busy workin' 2 hang out
    The return of podium girls?
    Dictated but not read.

Bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by catzilla View Post
    Of course humans are programmed to see men as a whole--testicles were definitely not designed to be viewed on their own.
    My bro in law does some model photography and glamor stuff and what not. His female subjects are normally covered up at least somewhat but pretty risque and he always tells them that's a good thing. Most of the women don't want to go 100% naked but still want to be as close as possible while still making it worth dreaming about what's under the clothes (normally for their husbands and b-friends, but it's still a cool concept). Many of the guys who come in for photo sets want to be 100% naked and have their frank and beans waving in the wind. He always points out that "no one really wants to see that, even your wife/b-friend/partner. It's not what they'll want to remember about you". Funny.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

Proud luddite
    The next study should figure out how men can get women to understand that they are being locally cognitively processed, not objectified, and that science says that's o.k.

Bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    The next study should figure out how men can get women to understand that they are being locally cognitively processed, not objectified, and that science says that's o.k.
    Baby, I'm not staring at your (insert body part here). I'm just taking my time to locally analyze each and every beautiful part of you in a nonobjectifying way in order to fully understand the artistic flow of your body in a way that I can fully arrange in my mind to completely rationalize with myself that pure beauty is truly a wonderful thing. And oh yeah, you've got a brain too. . .somewhere in there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not surprising considering the male brain is controlled entirely by the penis.

Hai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Not surprising considering the male brain is controlled entirely by the penis.
    We were deemed good enough and responsible enough to be given two heads, and we can only think with one at a time.
    Man up, dumb down, and do one gear.

/AYHSMB

Ricardo Cabeza
    science also says that men are attracted to a particular waist/hip ratio, and the demographic that most closely approaches that particular ratio is 14-17 year old girls. just sayin.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Not Banned

the waist to hip ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    science also says that men are attracted to a particular waist/hip ratio, and the demographic that most closely approaches that particular ratio is 14-17 year old girls. just sayin.
    yeah, it matters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Go Ahead and Objectify Those Womenz, It's our Genetic Right!-hip_to_waist_ratio.jpg  
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

waterproof*
    I am not an automaton.

Somewhere on youtube there's a video series where a woman in a low-cut tight dress goes around talking to guys, and the cameraman tries to catch the guys peeking. It's hilarious.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Hai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    I am not an automaton.

Somewhere on youtube there's a video series where a woman in a low-cut tight dress goes around talking to guys, and the cameraman tries to catch the guys peeking. It's hilarious.
    Where's teh link?
    Man up, dumb down, and do one gear.

/AYHSMB

All I wanted was a Pepsi!
    Basically another way of saying "men are pigs."

Great. I hope no taxpayer money was spent on that earth shattering discovery.
    "If you have the guts to be yourself, other people'll pay your price." - Rabbit Angstrom

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    So, an undertaker is doing his thing on a new client, and when he gets to the gentlemans equipment is amazed and astounded. Seeing as the client no longer is in need of said equipment, the undertaker decides to remove it, and save it for posterity, so to speak. It is undoubtedly the finest example he has ever seen, and he is certain no one will believe him if they do not see it for themselves.
    Upon his arrival home, he tells his wife that he has experienced something extroadinary, and asks if she would like to see it. When he opens the box, and his wife sees what it contains, she nearly faints, and cries "Shwartz is dead?!"

Men can be seen as parts as well. Just not all men.

Good news everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter View Post
    The return of podium girls?
    I'm surprised you can even post that phrase on here without it looking like this ****** *****

****ing Puritans.

RoadBikeReview Member
    and the cameraman tries to catch the guys peeking

I don't get why that's hilarious; it's expected. Hell, I bet *women* were staring at her too, though in disbelief.

Master debator.
    Pfffttt. If you've ever overheard a group of women talking about men, especially after a few drinks, you'd know that all are not sweet and innocent
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

Maximum Gluteus
    Hell, I bet *women* were staring at her too, though in disbelief.
    DINGDINGDINGDING!!!

There is an utterly hilarious photo that was taken at a dinner back in the late 1950's where Sophia Lauren and Jayne Mansfield are seated at the same table. Both are wearing dresses that show off their famous figures, but Ms. Mansfield took it several steps further. "Further" enough that, frankly, I don't want to invoke the wrath of the Mods by posting it. Anyway, the picture shows Ms. Lauren "sneaking a peek" down Ms. Mansfield's exposed decolletage and, frankly, looking utterly disgusted by the antics of her dinner companion and the predictible reaction of the men around them.

Just Google "Jane Mansfield Sophia Lauren looking". It's priceless.
    Yet another cycling blog...updated whenever.
    http://teamlardbutt.wordpress.com

We inched our way up the mountain, kilometer markers passing like kidney stones.

Call me a Fred
    I believe that the research could be better summarized by simply saying that "Men like Boobies".
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

AKA: Sheila Muirenn
    May 2009
    No. It's not genetic. It's cultural conditioning, and even that 'conclusion' is based on a psychology test where women and men viewed pictures of women and men. Not scientific. Not genetic. And certainly not 'law.' No scientific method applied.

Also, these perceptions can be manipulated. Something innate cannot be manipulated.

Here is a write-up in Science News Daily. Science Daily is a refereed publication. Unlike CBS.

And their findings.

"Our findings suggest people fundamentally process women and men differently, but we are also showing that a very simple manipulation counteracts this effect, and perceivers can be prompted to see women globally, just as they do men," Gervais said. "Based on these findings, there are several new avenues to explore."

Basically, women are objectified in our culture, so we objectify them. And, it is possible to remedy it. Conclusion? It's a problem that needs to be fixed. NOT a genetic right to objectify women.
    Last edited by aureliajulia; 07-27-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Taylor View Post
    DINGDINGDINGDING!!!

There is an utterly hilarious photo that was taken at a dinner back in the late 1950's where Sophia Lauren and Jayne Mansfield are seated at the same table. Both are wearing dresses that show off their famous figures, but Ms. Mansfield took it several steps further. "Further" enough that, frankly, I don't want to invoke the wrath of the Mods by posting it. Anyway, the picture shows Ms. Lauren "sneaking a peek" down Ms. Mansfield's exposed decolletage and, frankly, looking utterly disgusted by the antics of her dinner companion and the predictible reaction of the men around them.

Just Google "Jane Mansfield Sophia Lauren looking". It's priceless.

But my god were they beautiful women!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Go Ahead and Objectify Those Womenz, It's our Genetic Right!-jayne.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah I've seen the Jayne Mansfield photo, don't get what the big deal is. If you were eating dinner with some 'roid boi who took off his shirt, getting women to fawn over him, you'd be all too.

As for cultural conditioning, I tend to think that's accurate. Men who live in cultures where everybody's mostly naked don't seem distracted by all the boobies. They somehow manage to get work done.

Here in NYC, it happens to be legal for women to go topless. Recently read an article about a woman who was strolling down Sixth Ave. exercising this right, and the most surprising thing was the lack of attention. Sure, a few people nudged each other and pointed, she turned some heads, but it wasn't like she was causing traffic accidents.

Bacon!
    Yeah I've seen the Jayne Mansfield photo, don't get what the big deal is. If you were eating dinner with some 'roid boi who took off his shirt, getting women to fawn over him, you'd be all too.

As for cultural conditioning, I tend to think that's accurate. Men who live in cultures where everybody's mostly naked don't seem distracted by all the boobies. They somehow manage to get work done.

Here in NYC, it happens to be legal for women to go topless. Recently read an article about a woman who was strolling down Sixth Ave. exercising this right, and the most surprising thing was the lack of attention. Sure, a few people nudged each other and pointed, she turned some heads, but it wasn't like she was causing traffic accidents.
    Yeah, but in those mostly naked societies (like in the distant jungles or whatever) most of the women, are, how do I put it nicely, uh, thanks to diet and lifestyle, uh, not what most guys want to see naked. And uh, the guys do things like, uh, stick pencil like objects in their wee-wees! Ouuuuuccchhhhh!

(I'm mainly joking in the above. . .well, except for sticking things in their wee-wees. That's just not cool.)

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's b/c they're seeing REAL boobies, not airbrushed/implanted/corseted versions in photos. Most junior high school girls could tell you that what you see in photos is NOT reality, whereas boys of the same age refuse to believe that.

As for diet and lifestyle- it's not like they're sitting around eating bonbons and watching Oprah. They're working. The men are literally running after game in the jungle all day. I can't imagine better physical specimens than them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast